My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

My Dying Bride - actualité

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel EP pour les anglais, quelques mois après l'album.
U.K. doom metal veterans MY DYING BRIDE will release a new EP, "The Manuscript", on May 13 via Peaceville Records on CD and vinyl.

"The Manuscript" contains four new and exclusive songs; a dark voyage spanning over 27 minutes of supreme doom in the unmistakable MY DYING BRIDE style of heaviness mixed with dark tales of foreboding. It was recorded and mixed at Futureworks Studios in Manchester, U.K. with the band's long-time producer, Rob "Mags" Magoolagan.

Comments the band: "'The Manuscript' features four monstrous tracks of brilliantly crafted metal that only MY DYING BRIDE can do, with swathes of doom laden melancholy, harmonic beauty and thundering death metal all combined in their trademark sound. Four tales of tragedy, loss and bitter vengeance greet the listener with an added assault on the emotions too, leaving the soul grey and limp. There is beauty here, but it's carrying a dark blade."

In a recent interview with Metal Forces, MY DYING BRIDE vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe stated about the songs that will appear on "The Manuscript": "They're very similar to 'A Map Of All Our Failures', because they were written and recorded at the same time, except for one song. That really stands out… [laughs] It's full-on sort of epic death metal; it's swords and axes, a proper warrior battle kind of track that's almost medieval in flavor. You can almost picture the scene; it's set in a snowy kind of mountainous landscape. There are sound effects and all sorts of mayhem going on in it, and death metal vocals not quite all the way through it, but near enough. It even has a Swedish title which because my Swedish isn't great, I'm not gonna repeat here. [laughs] I need to get the pronunciation right before I do that."

MY DYING BRIDE's latest album, "A Map Of All Our Failures", was released on October 15, 2012 in Europe and October 16, 2012 in the U.S. via Peaceville Records on CD, double vinyl and special-edition CD+DVD.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Retour de l'ancien guitariste :
U.K. doom metal veterans MY DYING BRIDE have parted ways with guitarist Hamish Glencross due to "irreconcilable differences" and have been rejoined by Calvin Robertshaw.

MY DYING BRIDE's three remaining festival appearances in 2014 — Denmark's Copenhell on June 13, Slovenia's Metaldays on July 25 and Czech Republic's Brutal Assault on August 9 — will all go ahead as planned and will feature the band's longstanding guitar technician Robb Philpotts filling in on guitar.

Regarding Robertshaw's return to MY DYING BRIDE, the band states: "Calvin is one of the original guitarists that helped make MY DYING BRIDE what it is today. His departure after the now-infamous '34.788% Complete' album left us all stunned but now we have convinced him to rejoin and are sure this is going to be a success.

"We feel that MY DYING BRIDE has now stabilised again and we are really, really excited at the prospect of going forward as a band united again by doom metal music.

"We will be working together with Calvin on finishing the new LP, which we plan to record later this year.

"The writing of the new LP has been progressing somewhat slower than usual due to our internal problems, but despite that we now have around seven new songs in a very complete fashion, obviously we are now all wondering what Calvin can bring and now can't wait to get back into the studio to find out.

"The studio we have chosen to use for the majority of the recording is our old haunt Academy Studios. Then we will be back at Futureworks for some finishing off and possibly vocals. Time will tell.

"We would like to thank from the very bottom of all our hearts, all of our supporters old and new for their patience and love, we promise you a continued and very much stronger MY DYING BRIDE in the future."

MY DYING BRIDE released a new EP, "The Manuscript", in May 2013 via Peaceville Records on CD and vinyl.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/my-dyi ... 5e5dDUz.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouvel album pour septembre :

MY DYING BRIDE INVITES YOU TO FEEL THE MISERY. NEW ALBUM COMING SEPTEMBER 18th 2015

My Dying Bride’s latest opus and 12th full studio album, ‘Feel the Misery’, is set for release on 18th September on Peaceville Records. With crushing epic doom spanning 8 tracks, and featuring the return of original guitarist Calvin Robertshaw to the fold, this is undoubtedly amongst the band’s heaviest, darkest, & most majestic works to date, marking My Dying Bride’s 25th anniversary in punishing style, with the title track also set to feature as the album’s debut video.

‘Feel the Misery’ sees a notable return to the band’s old haunt, Academy Studios in Dewsbury West Yorkshire for recording, where all of My Dying Bride’s classic early albums were produced. Mixing once more takes place at Futureworks in Manchester UK with the band’s long-time studio engineer/producer, Mags.

The band comments on the themes of ‘Feel the Misery’: “Contained within are all the grandeur and mastery of the melancholic one would expect to find on a recording from this group of musicians. The crushing of hearts and the solemn farewells to friends and lovers twinned with the destruction of flesh and the passions of cruelty are laid neatly for the listener to devour and savour. Eight new compositions detailing the path of life through dark doors and the burdens we all must endure simply to make it to the end, My Dying Bride have returned with a foreboding new album which may enlighten, delight and consume the soul in one epic sitting”.

‘Feel the Misery’ will be released on CD, vinyl, plus a special edition 2CD/2x10” vinyl set in deluxe earbook format, with exclusive music & expanded booklet.

Tracklisting:
1. And My Father Left Forever
2. To Shiver In Empty Halls
3. A Cold New Curse
4. Feel The Misery
5. A Thorn Of Wisdom
6. I Celebrate Your Skin
7. I Almost Loved You
8. Within A Sleeping Forest
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

:bow:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Belle pochette.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pochette doom. Check.

Titre doom. Check.

Noms de chansons doom. Check.

Communiqué de presse doom. Check.

* doom au sens premier du terme
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

ouais, ben la musique elle est pas aussi doom que le reste ... :/ (à part 2 ou 3 passages sympa).

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En effet, mais cela n'a jamais été un groupe de doom traditionnel non plus.

Sur ce morceau c'est varié, même si je n'aime pas tout, et le texte est poignant (le père du chanteur est mort pendant l'écriture de l'album).
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un petit inédit au passage, en écoute :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

olivier64 a écrit :Belle pochette.
Ah ben moi je n´aime pas :/

C´est un groupe que j´ai découvert tout récemment en achetant le CD a map of all our failures, que j´aime vraiment énormément. Si le nouveau est à l´avenant (je ne peux pas écouter de musique on line, connexion trop lente), il me le faut!
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

En cours d'écoute... Ca se présente très bien cette affaire ! :bang:

Je n'avais pas fait gaffe, mais je suis surpris par les commentaires sur le premier morceau ! Je l'ai découvert tout à l'heure, et je l'ai trouvé terrible pour ouvrir l'album !! :bang: :bang:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Excellent le titre éponyme.

Le clip est inspiré par la peinture "Le Radeau de la Méduse" de Théodore Géricault, ainsi que par les évènements actuels.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus d'explications :
My Dying Bride just posted a behind the scenes video from the shoot for "Feel the Misery," the title track off the group's latest album. Vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe commented:

"Shot in beautiful Pembrokeshire, off South Wales, 'Feel The Misery,' the video, was captured amidst crashing waves and total darkness by director James Sharrock and his crew of merry men and women.

"Influenced by the painting The Raft of the Medusa by Théodore Géricault, the video begins with the aftermath of a tragic loss of a vessel and the miserable survivors left clinging to a makeshift raft. Perishing one by one, the sole lass slips beneath the waves to a watery death, to be discovered later on the shore by a gnarly old sea dog scrounging for oddments. Distraught at his find, the man carries the maiden to his hovel (St. Govans Chapel) and lays her before the altar as is his pious want.

"Shot in this most beautiful part of the world through treacherous rocky conditions with an incoming tide and only a storm-lamp for lighting at 2am the feeling of the misery has indeed been captured perfectly."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un inédit distribué avec un magazine peut être écouté ici :

Death/doom powerhouse My Dying Bride has released a crushing new track titled "Hollow Cathedra" for streaming online. The track will not be featured on the upcoming album Feel The Misery but will be available instead on the Decibel Magazine's upcoming October issue on the exclusive limited edition My Dying Bride flexi disc. You can listen to the track here or over here.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe sort un livre, accompagné de 5 CD de démos, live, etc.
Peaceville Records is celebrating the 25th anniversary of MY DYING BRIDE with a deluxe 92-page 12-inch hardback book on the rise of the U.K. doom metal legends. The book will contain five discs of rarities, early works, newly unearthed and never-previously-heard pre-production demos, band track favorites, and live audio. "A Harvest Of Dread" is scheduled for release on December 9. Pre-order at this location.

"A Harvest Of Dread" is a limited-edition deluxe hard book featuring a 92-page book written by Greg Moffitt chronicling the rise of the long-standing genre leaders from their beginnings in West Yorkshire, U.K., through their ascension towards becoming one of the U.K.'s primary metal forces, along with a look into why and how their creative vision and attitude has been so unwavering over the years. The book features interviews with the band members plus others associated with the scene from the early 1990s to present day, giving a great insight into the nature of the beast.

"I am astounded at the body of work this outfit has created over quarter of a century but immensely proud too," comments MY DYING BRIDE's Aaron Stainthorpe. "From humble beginnings of demo tape, draughty rehearsal rooms and transit vans up to the heady heights of digi-packs, hotels and tour buses, we've done just about everything a rock 'n' roll band is supposed to do. Members have come and gone, some lost forever and others staying in touch and all, thankfully, still friendly and welcoming. I look back at our extensive career, much of it laid out here for all to see in this impressive collection, and feel strong and thrilled at what our output has achieved. There surely is something for everyone scripted here within 'A Harvest Of Dread' as it's been hand-picked by the band and a select number of friends who know better. And if this isn't enough, we are working on new material already so that, perhaps in another 25 years, we may be sat here again doing something very similar."

This special deluxe book/disc set contains five discs, and an expansive selection of rarities uncovered from the vaults, and presented for the first time. Among these essential historical treasures are pre-production tracks from "The Angel & The Dark River", "Like Gods Of The Sun", plus vastly different development versions of tracks which were eventually featured on (or intended for) the "34.788%...Complete" album, showing a much darker, stripped down and metallic edge to the tracks generally.

Also featured on the set is a collection of the early works of the band, including the "Towards The Sinister" demo, plus tracks from MY DYING BRIDE's rare early 7-inch releases and EPs, plus a previously unheard live concert from back in 1997.

Joining these rarities are a special selection of catalogue tracks chosen by core members Aaron Stainthorpe and Andrew Craighan, including their own words on why each tracks holds a particular poignancy to them, and the legacy of MY DYING BRIDE.

"A Harvest Of Dread" also notably features a foreword by the legendary Tom G. Warrior of TRIPTYKON, CELTIC FROST and HELLHAMMER fame.

Also set for release on December 9 is the reissue of the band's rare 1994 EP, "I Am The Bloody Earth", presented on 12-inch heavyweight vinyl with the original cover artwork.

Track listing:

CD 1:

01. Vast Choirs
02. The Thrash Of Naked Limbs
03. The Snow In My Hands
04. Black Voyage
05. Apocalypse Woman
06. The Light At The End Of The World
07. Feel The Misery

CD 2:

01. Like A Perpetual Funeral
02. Two Winters Only
03. My Hope, The Destroyer
04. I Cannot Be Loved
05. A Doomed Lover
06. You Are Not The One Who Loves Me
07. And Then You Go

CD 3 - Early releases and pre-production tracks:

01. Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium (Demo)
02. Vast Choirs (demo)
03. The Grief Of Age (Demo)
04. Catching Feathers (demo)
05. God Is Alone
06. De Sade Soliloquy
07. The Bitterness And The Bereavement
08. The Sexuality Of Bereavement
09. A Sea To Suffer In
10. From Darkest Skies
11. Your Shameful Heaven
12. The Cry Of Mankind (studio Instrumental)

CD 4 - Pre-productions and rarities:

01. All Swept Away
02. Like Gods Of The Sun
03. The Whore, The Cook, The Mother
04. An Unforgettable Journey
05. I Believe
06. On Monolith
07. Glorious Midnight
08. The Fool
09. The Child Of Eternity
10. Scarborough Fair
11. Failure
12. Hollow Cathedra

CD 5 - Live in Voorst, The Netherlands 1997

01. From Darkest Skies
02. The Cry Of Mankind
03. The Dark Caress
04. For You
05. A Kiss To Remember
06. Like Gods Of The Sun
07. All Swept Away
08. Your Shameful Heaven

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/my-dyi ... G7XXVFw.99
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Oh cool, je veux ca pour nowel :up: :cd:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Classe ! :amour: :amour: :amour:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

je ne sais pas ce qui se passe chez MDB mais ils sont en train d´annuler tous leurs gigs les uns après les autres :,(
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Peut être que Blackie est leur tour manager :mad:
ImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe n'a pas splitté, simplement le chanteur devrait prendre soin d'un membre de sa famille.
Due to unforeseen personal circumstances, U.K. doom metal veterans MY DYING BRIDE have have regretfully canceled their appearances at four festivals in Europe: Eindhoven Metal Meeting in The Netherlands, Madrid Is The Dark in Spain, Aalborg Metal Festival in Denmark, and HRH Doom vs. HRH Stoner in England.

Vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe has since issued the following statement: "I would like to quash some recent rumors regarding the demise of MY DYING BRIDE in the light of our previous statements. We most certainly are NOT splitting up and in fact are vigorously composing the next album right now.

"The reason we have had to cancel a run of shows is due to a severe and fearful illness that has struck a member of my immediate family for which I have now dedicated all my time until signs of improvement. The other five members of the band, however, are working hard to produce the next opus which will be our debut for new label partners Nuclear Blast and will be released in 2018. I will do my part when the time comes and I can assure fans that it is going to be suitably epic.

"Apologies to all who were looking forward to seeing us perform live, but rest assured, we will be back!"

Working songtitles set to appear on the next MY DYING BRIDE album include "Renaissance", "The Dread Void" and "World Of One".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/my-dyi ... QEd5RAF.99
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

:/
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Très, très dur...
Répondre