The Unity (avec Michael Ehré et Henjo Richter de Gamma Ray)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Un nouveau projet pour le batteur et le deuxième guitariste de Gamma Ray. Entre ce nouveau groupe et les activités diverses et variées de Kai (album solo, Unisonic, retour dans Helloween avec Kiske pour la prochaine tournée...), on peut supposer que Gamma Ray est en sommeil pour un an ou deux...

Michael Ehré and Henjo Richter (both Gamma Ray) launch new band

Debut album out in spring 2017

With their latest sensational signing, Hanover record imprint Steamhammer/SPV has set the course for more highlights in the coming year: UNITY, the new band founded by drummer Michael Ehré and guitarist Henjo Richter (both Gamma Ray), has signed a long-term contract and is currently busy working on their debut album. The eponymously titled recording has been scheduled for release in early 2017 and aficionados of powerful hard rock and technically accomplished melodic metal can expect to get more than their money’s worth.

Along with their two figureheads, Richter and Ehré, UNITY consists of Gianba Manenti (vocals), Stef E (guitar), Jogi Sweers (bass) and Sascha Onnen (keyboards), all of them musicians that many fans have been familiar with since Ehré’s band Love.Might.Kill arrived on the scene.

“During many gigs and countless hours in the rehearsal room, Michael and I discovered that we are on the same wavelength, on a personal as well as on a musical level. So we came up with the idea of focusing that part of our creativity that goes beyond Gamma Ray in another band,” Richter explains. “UNITY features the perfect line-up for that.”

Michael Ehré is equally enthusiastic: “We’re proud and more than happy to have found a strong partner in SPV/Steamhammer who enjoy an excellent reputation on a global level. The amazing experience and great passion with which Olly Hahn has helmed the label for many years are awesome. We’re really looking forward to our fruitful collaboration and will ensure together that UNITY gets off to a successful start.”

Olly Hahn, A&R at Steamhammer, places great hopes on his new signing: “The outstanding songwriting and great technical skill of everybody involved are unmistakable. For this reason, UNITY suits the Steamhammer team perfectly and we will continue to work flat out for our artists in 2017.”
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Ca donne surtout l'impression que Gamma Ray sent le sapin !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut se poser des questions en effet, mais d'un autre côté ça leur fera pas de mal de se ressourcer ailleurs.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Hansen va être occupé avec Helloween jusqu en 2018 au moins donc...
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Quatre ans sans sortir d'album, après tout, c'est pas la mort. Ils trouveront bien le temps de sortir une compilation ou un DVD pour faire patienter les fans, et ça vaut mieux que de sortir un album pour sortir un album alors qu'ils ont la tête à autre chose.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et au pire ils peuvent encore s associer avec Roland Grapow :D

A ce propos peu le savent mais Henjo Richter et Roland Grapow ont joué ensemble dans un groupe allemand nommé Rampage qui ont sorti 2 albums en 79 et 80 ... 5 ans avant Helloween !
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Concernant Rampage les albums sont sortis vers 81-83 (Roland Grapow y chantait de ce que j'ai écouté...), mais ils n'ont pas joué ensemble car Henjo Richter a en fait remplacé Roland Grapow (d'après sa biographie). En tout cas avec Helloween ils sont tous de la même génération et du coin de Hambourg.

Henjo Richter a également joué brièvement dans Charon, avec Jan-Sören Eckert, qu'on retrouvera bien plus tard dans Iron Savior... avec Kai Hansen (au début). :mad:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Henjo et Roland sont tous les 2 crédités sur leur second album de 82.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Yep j'avais vu ça, mais 3 guitaristes semblent crédités sur cet album ce qui paraît être un de trop, sauf départ en cours d'enregistrement. Ou alors la bio de Roland Grapow est inexacte.

Ce qui est sûr en revanche c'est qu'ils jouent tous les 2 sur le tribute Catch the Rainbow :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier extrait, bon ça s'écoute sans mal, compétent tout ça, mais on peut pas dire que ça sorte du lot...

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Dans la droite lignée des albums d' At Vance avec un chant rappelant autant celui de Oliver Hartmann que Michael Bormann (Jaded Heart) .
Du heavy up tempo mais avec une touche un peu FM dans l'approche mélodique.
C'est pas mal du tout. J'en attendais rien très honnêtement, vu ce que composais Henjo Richter ces dernières années et au final ça sonne plutôt bien.
Maintenant, effectivement, un de plus !
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Comme déjà dit, morceau bien sympa mais juste un de plus dans le style qui sonne comme beaucoup d'autres.

Par contre c'est quoi cette mode du thème spartiate dans les videos de beaucoup de groupes ? C'est pour remplacer la mode des vikings ?
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Mêmes avis que tout le monde : c'est bien fait, ça sonne très bien mais c'est générique.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

German melodic metal act The Unity - formed by Gamma Ray members Michael Ehre (drums) and Henjo Richter (guitars) - released the artwork and track listing for the self-titled debut album, which drops on May 5th via SPV/Steamhammer Records.

The band also features vocalist Gianba Manenti (Love.Might.Kill), guitarist Stef E, bassist Jogi Sweers (Love.Might.Kill) and keyboardist Sascha Onnen (Love.Might.Kill).

Every note of the debut album oozes the great creative potential of all band members: powerful numbers such as the fast and tough "Rise And Fall" and the grooving "No More Lies" with its dynamic guitar riff and melodious chorus are just as symptomatic for the group’s unbridled energy as the slow, doom-laden "God Of Temptation," which features a latent Black Sabbath flair thanks to its distinctive guitar hook.

The track listing is as follows:

1. Rise And Fall
2. No More Lies
3. God Of Temptation
4. Firesign
5. Always Just You
6. Close To Crazy
7. The Wishing Well
8. Edens Fall
9. Redeemer
10. Super Distortion
11. Killer Instinct
12. Never Forget
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est quand même pas mal du tout, mais même commentaire que précédemment :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

:/
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

me suis faite chier à leur concert au BYH, le meilleur moment était la reprise de "Send me a sign" de GR, morceau que je n'aime pas beaucoup à la base, c'est dire... :( dommage...
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite :
Only about a year and a half after the arrival of its self-titled debut album, German-Italian melodic metal act THE UNITY is ready to strike again: September 14 will see the release of the band's follow-up effort, "Rise", on SPV/Steamhammer. The recording features 13 brand-new songs and was cut by drummer Michael Ehré (GAMMA RAY) at the B Castle Studio. "Rise" was produced by the bandmembers themselves and, like its predecessor, mixed and mastered by Spanish sound engineer Miquel A. Riutort at the Psychosomatic Recording Studio. The first single to be released from the album, "No Hero", will make its online debut on August 10; the second single will be supported by an elaborate video clip.

Aside from Ehré, THE UNITY continues to consist of guitarists Henjo Richter (GAMMA RAY) and Stef, vocalist Gianbattista Manenti, bassist Jogi Sweers and keyboardist Sascha Onnen.

"The new songs reflect the amazing energy and extremely enthusiastic responses at our shows, but also the very positive media reactions," Ehré sums up the material on "Rise".

With its debut album, THE UNITY was unanimously voted "Newcomer Of The Year" category by the two leading German metal magazines, Metal Hammer and Rock Hard. Subsequently, the six-piece enthralled their fans at tours with EDGUY and SINNER and performed at festivals such as Bang Your Head!!!, Metalfest and Winter Masters Of Rock.

Soon after its release, "Rise" will also be presented to THE UNITY's rapidly growing fan base as part of an extensive tour: from mid-October 2018, THE UNITY will accompany AXEL RUDI PELL and his band, and the date of the big release show at Ehré's hometown of Nordenham has already been announced. So the second round of THE UNITY's triumphal march is about to kick off!

"Rise" track listing:

01. Revenge
02. Last Betrayal
03. You Got Me Wrong
04. The Storm
05. Road To Nowhere
06. Welcome Home
07. All That Is Real
08. No Hero
09. The Willow Tree
10. Above Everything
11. Children Of The Light
12. Better Day
13. L.I.F.E.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

La base, sans plus...
Vivement que Kai Hansen finisse son escapade Helloweenienne et bosse sur Gamma Ray avec ses copains.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »