The Lurking Fear (death metal, Suède, membres d'At the Gates)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Projet avec des noms connus dans le death metal suédois :
AT THE GATES members Tomas Lindberg (vocals) and Adrian Erlandsson (drums) have joined forces with Jonas Stålhammar (guitar; THE CROWN), Fredrik Wallenberg (guitar; SKITSYSTEM) and Andreas Axelsson (bass; DISFEAR, TORMENTED, EDGE OF SANITY) in a brand new band called THE LURKING FEAR.

According to the new group's official mission statement, "THE LURKING FEAR is bringing sheer, natural weirdness and horror back to the scene, as we want our death metal ugly, twisted and possessed.

"Riffs should stir up real feelings of repulsion, and disgust deep down in your soul, and vocals should sounds like hounds of hell howling at the moon."

THE LURKING FEAR is:

* Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES) - Vocals
* Jonas Stålhammar (THE CROWN) - Guitar
* Fredrik Wallenberg (SKITSYSTEM) - Guitar
* Andreas Axelsson (DISFEAR, TORMENTED, EDGE OF SANITY) – Bass
* Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, THE HAUNTED) - Drums
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Prometteur sur le papier en tout cas !

Mais ce qui m'étonne c'est que Tompa avait quitté Lock Up car At The Gates allait lui (re)prendre beaucoup de temps. Or, depuis, il a réactivé Disfear, il devrait faire des concerts avec Skitsystem et il lance donc ce The Lurking Fear. Je suppose que les concerts de ces trois groupes seront plutôt rares...
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

Vu le pedigree des bonhommes et le nom avec "Lurking" dedans je signe direct !
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

ouais, ça a l'air prometteur tout ça! :rock:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Un premier EP sortira sous peu. En mai, d'apres ce que j'ai compris mais je n'ai pas trouve de date exacte de sortie. L'album sortira fin aout normalement.
"Finally unleashed upon an unsuspecting mankind. THE LURKING FEAR rears its ugly head. The first three songs of death metal filth are soon to be released on the self-titled EP, out on Moondawn Records. The EP was recorded and mixed at Welfare Sounds studios in Gothenburg early 2017, produced by Per Stålberg. The EP features the songs 'Tongued In Foul Flames', 'The Infernal Dread' and 'Winged Death'. Cover artwork by Branca Studios and special handlettering by Fenriz (DARKTHRONE). Pre-order starts May 8th at www.moondawn.se.
Un petit extrait en teaser:

Ca sonne plutôt pas mal! :bang:
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

ça sonne en effet comme du swedish death ! hâte d'entendre la suite !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici un nouveau titre labellisé old-school-swedish-death-metal-90's, mais authentique dans le son (avec un excellent break central) et non rétro-tendance, ainsi qu'une pochette dans le ton :

Swedish death metal supergroup THE LURKING FEAR will release its debut album, "Out Of The Voiceless Grave", on August 11 via Century Media. The disc is being recorded at Welfare Sounds in Gothenburg, Sweden.

THE LURKING FEAR's first digital single, "Winged Death", can be streamed below.

The band said in a statement: "So, here is the first full blast of pure death metal filth for you maniacs, taken from the three-track self-titled debut seven-inch EP! 'Winged Death' is our little death metal epos about hungry Lovecraftian insects devouring you from the inside out. It has all the different elements of THE LURKING FEAR: the fast, pounding death metal mayhem, the slow, creepy horror/doom parts and howling screams of terror. Straight out of our coffin!

"We are in the middle of wrapping everything up in the studio and have just started the mixing process for the 11 tracks we recorded. It's sounding nasty and raw, just the way we want it! The record is called 'Out Of The Voiceless Grave' and that title sums up what the album and actually band are all about. Our idea is that you get a glimpse of the horrors spewing out from our metal grave of interstellar death. The album is basically our Vortex spawn, a beast with eleven heads, all ready to devour you! We are very pleased with how it sounds right now, as the guys at Welfare Sounds understood our concept immediately and have managed to capture some pure death metal filth on tape!"

Featuring members/ex-members of illustrious and influential acts like AT THE GATES, THE HAUNTED, SKITSYSTEM, DISFEAR and GOD MACABRE, THE LURKING FEAR is not just another retro all-star project, but a real band of five death metallers who organically got together in order to celebrate the metal breed closest to their roots as well as their hearts.

THE LURKING FEAR is:

* Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES) - Vocals
* Jonas Stålhammar (THE CROWN) - Guitar
* Fredrik Wallenberg (SKITSYSTEM) - Guitar
* Andreas Axelsson (DISFEAR, TORMENTED, EDGE OF SANITY) – Bass
* Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, THE HAUNTED) – Drums

Citing common inspiration by bands like AUTOPSY, POSSESSED, early DEATH, REPULSION, early MORBID ANGEL, SLAUGHTER, BATHORY, early SLAYER and MASTER/DEATH STRIKE, THE LURKING FEAR previously stated about the band's formation: "We are a death metal band. Not your average new wave of old-school death metal band. We play death metal from the heart with pure emotional impact and a focused artistic vision. This is the music we live and breathe. Always have, always will.

"We have all played in various other bands for over 25 years and we just want to spew out the music that we want to hear. When we get together, this is what comes out of naturally, because we share the exact same reference points. We love 'Seven Churches' and 'Mental Funeral' for the exact same reasons.

"We want our death metal ugly, twisted and possessed. We miss the urgency, intensity and 'realness' in a lot of the modern death metal. Therefore, it is natural for us to stray away from the streamlined sounds of today, but rather focus on bringing sheer, natural weirdness and horror back to the table…"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-lu ... SOrP90H.99
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Premiers concerts donnés ce weekend en Suède. Setlist assez courte car aucune cover, mais apparemment ça le faisait...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Swedish death metal supergroup THE LURKING FEAR will release its debut album, "Out Of The Voiceless Grave", on August 11 via Century Media. Recorded at Welfare Sounds in Gothenburg, Sweden, the disc will be available as special-edition digipak CD, gatefold LP on 180-gram vinyl with a poster and as a digital download. The album's LP edition will be available on classic black vinyl as well as on limited colored runs as follows: silver vinyl (200 copies; CM Distro Europe), clear vinyl (200 copies, Sweden) and golden vinyl (300 copies; CM USA).

The cover artwork for "Out Of The Voiceless Grave" was designed by Stefan Thanneur and can be seen below.

"Out Of The Voiceless Grave" track listing:

01. Out Of The Voiceless Grave
02. Vortex Spawn
03. The Starving Gods Of Old
04. The Infernal Dread
05. With Death Engraved In Their Bones
06. Upon Black Winds
07. Teeth Of The Dark Plains
08. The Cold Jaws Of Death
09. Tongued With Foul Flames
10. Winged Death
11. Tentacles Of Blackened Horror
12. Beneath Menacing Sands

THE LURKING FEAR vocalist Tomas Lindberg checked in with the following comment about the album's intense artwork: "Stefan Thanneur understood the vision I had for 'Out Of The Voiceless Grave' straight away. He has portrayed the exact same nightmare vortex of interstellar death and terror that I envisioned when I wrote the lyrics and came up with the concept. Pure cosmic evil. Even more twisted madness than my imagination could portray. I have been very happy to work with yet another great talent. You can never get enough tentacles."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-lu ... VO3gS4d.99

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Ah j'avais pas vu qu'ils avaient balance toute ces infos. Bon, je verrais ca en live en aout, mais c'est quand même dommage de ne pas avoir l'album entre les mains avant de les voir sur scene. Cela dit, le premier extrait me plait beaucoup!
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Mouais c'est quand-même bizarre de les voir choper autant de slots en fest sans avoir rien sorti encore.
Même Memoriam avait publié des démos l'année dernière et avait annoncé jouer des covers (ce qui n'est pas le cas The Lurking Fear, je me suis bien fait allumer par des mecs sur Facebook quand j'ai osé poser la question au groupe en commentant leur post sur leur premier show :lol: :lol: )
Après si j'avais pu bien sur que je serai allé voir ce que ça donne. J'espère qu'ils joueront ailleurs une fois l'album sorti... Je les verrai bien s'ajouter au Eindhoven Metal Meeting d'ailleurs.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Tu as ose remettre en question les patrons du Swedish death? :lol: :lol:
Apres faut voir a quel niveau ils vont se retrouver sur les affiches. Ca me ferait un peu chier qu'ils soient trop mis en valeur par rapport a d'autres groupes puisqu'ils n'ont rien sorti mais c'est clair que les mecs se sont servis de leurs contacts et la renommee de leurs autres projets pour se greffer a tant de fest. C'est du pur pistonnage mais bon en retour on peut aussi se dire qu'avec les CV respectifs des mecs, il y a une certaine garantie niveau qualite (enfin j'espère)
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Bah j'espère aussi clairement ! Mais je me méfie un peu quand-même, des supergroupes qui ont rien donnés il y en a eu...

On verra bien !!
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Bon, ils ont du nous entendre raler parce qu'ils viennent de mettre un nouveau titre en ligne, "Vortex Spawn". :lol: Je n'ai pas de lien youtube mais il est sur Spotify/Apple Music. ;)

edit: sur youtube:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dediou on n'en fait plus des comme ça :papy:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tabassage en règle :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite, avec des extraits courts droit dans la face.
The Lurking Fear, the old-school death metal group from Sweden featuring members of At The Gates, Disfear, God Macabre, Skitsystem, Tormented and The Haunted in their illustrious lineup, are soon to release their sophomore album, Death, Madness, Horror, Decay, worldwide on November 19 via Century Media Records.

Consequently, The Lurking Fear are launching a second single off the upcoming album today. Check out the rabid and ripping 1:11-minute track “Death Reborn” in a video by Max Ljungberg below.

The Lurking Fear vocalist Tomas Lindberg Redant commented about the track as follows: “’Death Reborn’ was one of the last tracks to be finished for the album. A pure old school death metal storm, that main riff just blew me away when I heard it, and I knew we had to make space for it on the A-side of the album straight away. The lyrics were quite instant as well, as the track had a certain attitude that needed to be conveyed in the lyrics as well. Still drawing main influence from the Lovecraft universe, but with an added extra aggressive twist. And, I know it is short...approx. one minute, but if you have three great riffs like these, why make it complicated?”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre