Cyhra (ex-membres de In Flames et Amaranthe)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Projet suédois avec notamment Jesper Strömblad fondateur d'In Flames, et l'ancien chanteur d'Amaranthe.
Former IN FLAMES members Peter Iwers (bass) and Jesper Strömblad (guitar) have joined forces with ex-AMARANTHE singer Joacim "Jake E" Lundberg and LUCA TURILLI'S RHAPSODY drummer Alex Landenburg in a new band called CYHRA.

Says the band in a statement: "The vast experience all four of us have gathered during our times in previous bands creates the perfect background for unlimited inspiration and a result of highly mastered musical craftsmanship. The songs; as hard as it is right now to put a description on them, they are a mix of all that... yet something completely new!"

CYHRA has just entered the studio to begin recording its debut album for a fall 2017 release via Spinefarm.

Jake has described CYHRA's sound as "modern metal" with "Jesper's style from old melodic IN FLAMES and my vocal melodies." He added that "Our intention is that both AMARANTHE fans and IN FLAMES fans will at least have a listen to CYHRA and hopefully like what we're doing."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... qqzxSSU.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

CYHRA, the new band featuring former IN FLAMES members Peter Iwers (bass) and Jesper Strömblad (guitar) alongside ex-AMARANTHE singer Joacim "Jake E" Lundberg and LUCA TURILLI'S RHAPSODY drummer Alex Landenburg, will release its debut album, "Letters To Myself", on October 20 via Spinefarm Records. The disc was recorded at Top Floor Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden.

The first single from the effort, "Karma", can be streamed on Spotify. A video for the track will follow on September 8.

From the blissfully melodic thrust of Strömblad's riffs and hooks, and the soaring, soulful splendor of Jake E's unmistakable voice, to the pummeling, groove-driven precision of Iwers and Landenburg's rhythmic bedrock, every last moment crackles with the excitement of fresh territory, new challenges, and a brand-new identity for all involved to embrace.

Formed in 2016 by longtime friends Jake E and Strömblad, CYHRA is about to light a fire under the contemporary metal scene that promises to blaze for decades to come.

The buzz around CYHRA has been growing at a rapid rate since the band unveiled its plans earlier this year.

"The excitement that I feel about CYHRA is over the top," Jake E exclaims. "I have to pinch myself every day to make sure it's not just another dream. I am so proud of the music we have created and I can't wait to show it to the world!"

"For the first time for as long as I can remember, I feel I am a part of something special," adds Strömblad. "This band has helped me regain my true passion for music. I can't wait to share this."

"Letters To Myself" track listing:

01. Karma
02. Heartrage
03. Here To Save You
04. Muted Life
05. Closure
06. Letter To Myself
07. Dark Clarity
08. Holding Your Breath
09. Rescue Ride
10. Black Wings
11. Inside A Lullaby
12. Dead To Me
13. Letters To Myself

Speaking to AntiHero Magazine, Jake stated about CYHRA's formation: "I have been friends with Jesper for a long time, probably ten years. We met for the first time when I was working for IN FLAMES as a pyro technician back in the day. That was also when I got to know Peter. We had been friends since then. I was considering to make a solo album, and I would say that I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm probably going to write some songs as well. And he asked me, 'Would you do the vocals on my solo album?' And I said, 'Of course. Would you be interested in playing guitar on whatever I'm doing?' And he said yes. And then we started to talk about what our solo albums, projects, whatever it was meant to be would sound like and when we were discussing that we just realized that okay, we want the same. We want to make the same album. So that's where it all came to be and then we decided to start writing songs together. So, we were actually talking over a cup of coffee on a Friday and then on Monday we actually sat down in the studio and we started working on the first song. So that was really, really good. And then when we were doing the same thing there, we didn't know what to do. But after a couple of songs, everything started to come together. Then Jesper said, 'Okay what are we going to do?' And I said that I had the perfect drummer for this band, and that's Alex Landenburg. I said that you are going to love this guy. And a couple of months later we all met, and Jesper and Alex became best friends instantly. And then Jesper said that it would be cool if Peter would like to join. And so we asked him and he was still the bassist for IN FLAMES, and he said, 'Yeah, absolutely, I will gladly jump on board of this ship. But just to let you know, I am going to still be a member of IN FLAMES as well.' We were cool with that and then things happened like they did. Peter eventually decided to part ways with IN FLAMES."

Regarding the CYHRA sound, Jake said: "It is hard to describe what we sound like because we've been writing for almost a year. We've been influenced by so many different bands. We are, of course, influenced by ourselves. Because like, as the main songwriter in all our different projects before, you know, like, Jesper has his touch of things, I have the touch on my side, and also the other guys. Of course, you will find similarities in our former bands. But I won't say that we have reinvented the wheel in any way, but it's still something that sounds really, really fresh and new, even though music is music. You could always probably find similarities. But I would not say that it sounds like old AMARANTHE, or that it sounds like IN FLAMES. But you could completely, you know, recognize yourself within these boundaries."

Jake E announced his departure from AMARANTHE in February, explaining at the time that he began to feel that "my place both on the albums and live was reduced; I felt like I was superfluous… I started to feel more like a backing singer."

Iwers issued a statement in November saying that he was leaving IN FLAMES "to pursue other endeavors." He has since been replaced on the road by Bryce Paul, a member of the Southern California pop-rock outfit IVES.

Strömblad quit IN FLAMES in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction. He later formed THE RESISTANCE with Marco Aro (vocals, THE HAUNTED) and Glenn Ljungström (guitar, ex-IN FLAMES), only to exit that band in March 2016. THE RESISTANCE bassist Rob Hakemo later slammed Jesper in an interview, calling the guitarist "an alcoholic" and "drug addict" who "doesn't want to [get] sober."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cyhra- ... jmTJ7lr.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du In Flames des années 2000 :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En plus "pop" à l'évidence :

Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Everflow a écrit :Du In Flames des années 2000 :
Punaise, le Strömblad il fait du Strömblad :o
T'enlève le chant et ça donne une chute de Clayman :D
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est parfois plus accessible et moderne que du Clayman ceci dit :

Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

"Jake has described CYHRA's sound as "modern metal... "

Je ne sais pas si modern metal ça veut dire quelque chose mais c’est vrai que l' album sonne particulièrement moderne et rafraîchissant .
Un sacré mélange de genres et de sonorités. Avec des titres hyper mélodiques et catchy (Le coté Pop / Hard Fm ??) me va très bien ) et un chanteur fort agréable.

Alors je dis bravo Cyhra pour la créativité et l' audace. :up: :up: :up:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'ai vu passer le qualificatif de Trance Metal sur le net. :D
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Bon écoute de l'album.... en fait c'est chiant :(
Pour le coté "Trance Metal", je préfère autant écouter Blood Stain Child, c'est plus jusqu’au-boutiste autant d'un coté (Techno) que de l'autre (Metal extreme), là en fait on a le coté chiant du metal mixé avec le coté chiant de la "musique electro" (oui je sais, genre il y a un coté pas chiant dans la musique electro .... :D ).
Ceci dit c'est que mon avis :) ... et m'en vais écouter Whoracle pour la peine tien ! :bang:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip (un petit côté Mercenary sympa).
Et départ du bassiste (déjà absent de la tournée et du clip), qui est remplacé sur scène par... un PC ("Mr ASUS"). :hum:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Cyhra (ex-membres de In Flames et Amaranthe)

Message par Everflow »

Stéphane a écrit :
17 févr. 2018, 15:41
Bon écoute de l'album.... en fait c'est chiant :(
Pour le coté "Trance Metal", je préfère autant écouter Blood Stain Child, c'est plus jusqu’au-boutiste autant d'un coté (Techno) que de l'autre (Metal extreme), là en fait on a le coté chiant du metal mixé avec le coté chiant de la "musique electro" (oui je sais, genre il y a un coté pas chiant dans la musique electro .... :D ).
Ceci dit c'est que mon avis :) ... et m'en vais écouter Whoracle pour la peine tien ! :bang:
Je n'avais pas répondu tiens, perso j'aime bien... même si je dois reconnaître que c'est putassier à mort et au fond un peu médiocre artistiquement parlant. Autre façon de dire que c'est de la merde mais c'est cool. :D
J'y peux rien, ça s'accroche bien en tête et ensuite ça refuse d'en sortir, grâce à une forme de naïveté plaisante. D'ordinaire ce genre me gave très vite (ex. : Amaranthe), mais pas dans le cas présent. En tout cas ça reste typiquement le genre de "guilty pleasure" ou "chewing-gum music" qu'on écoute en cachette. Ou pas.

Le 2ème album arrive, visiblement dans la lignée, plus de guitares seront bienvenues :
CYHRA, the band featuring vocalist Jake E (ex-AMARANTHE), guitarist Jesper Strömblad (ex-IN FLAMES), guitarist Euge Valovirta (ex-SHINING) and drummer Alex Landenburg (LUCA TURILLI'S RHAPSODY), will release its second album, "No Halos In Hell", on November 15 via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2017's "Letters To Myself" was produced by Jacob Hansen and co-produced by Jake E. It is described in a press release as "one of those rare albums that defies being neatly placed in a genre box; coming out heavy and dynamic, the record is loaded with melodic vocal hooks that stay nailed to the brain for days, achieving maximum impact throughout. Fusing a relentless energy and heaviness the best way possible was CYHRA's main focus this time out."

The official music video for the disc's first single, "Out Of My Life", was directed by Swedish mastermind Patric Ullaeus and can be seen below.

"No Halos In Hell" will be available as a two-CD digipak, as well as on black vinyl and download.

Track listing:

01. Out Of My Life
02. No Halos In Hell
03. Battle From Within
04. I Am The One
05. Bye Bye Forever
06. Dreams Gone Wrong
07. Lost In Time
08. Kings Tonight
09. I Had Your Back
10. Blood Brothers
11. Hit Me
12. Man Of Eternal Rain

The bonus CD in the limited digipak features six additional songs, three of which are exclusive acoustic versions.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un peu générique là...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single.
Jesper Strömblad n'apparait plus sur aucune photo du groupe, et ils ont recruté un autre guitariste, mais il affirme encore en faire partie. Hum.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Album annoncé.
Je ne retrouve toujours pas la fraicheur du premier album sur les extraits.
Swedish melodic metal rockers Cyhra are proud to announce their new studio album, titled The Vertigo Trigger, which will be released on August 18th via Nuclear Blast Records. Founded by vocalist Jake E (ex-Amaranthe) and guitarist Jesper Strömblad (ex-In Flames), and with the addition of lead guitarist Euge Valovirta (ex-Shining) and drummer Alex Landenburg (Kamelot), Cyhra has already released two highly acclaimed albums which proof that the band have managed to create their own identity and sound.

Now in 2023, coming four years after their last album, No Halos In Hell, The Vertigo Trigger is Cyhra's third studio album, and their first featuring recently added guitarist Marcus Sunesson (ex-The Crown / Engel). The band released the album’s first single 'Ready To Rumble' last autumn, and fans will now undoubtedly be pleased to learn that the track is a part of a new full-length record.

Along with the album announcement, the Swedes also deliver new single 'Life Is A Hurricane' today, which is accompanied by a new music video and can be viewed below.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Celle-ci est un peu plus travaillée.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality