Suffocation

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Psyko Killer a écrit :Et et en plus tu écris au volant! Et bien bravo... :hum:
Qu'il est bête :lol: :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Tiens, j'avais pas souvenir que Suffo' était aussi mélodique... :D :oops:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

New York death metal veterans, SUFFOCATION, have posted the lyric video for the track “Cycles of Suffering” below!

The song comes off their latest album Pinnacle of Bedlam, which was released on February 19th, 2013 via Nuclear Blast Records.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Quelques mots du groupe à l'occasion de l'Inferno Festival qui a eu lieu à Oslo fin Mars dernier :
Jasmin St. Claire of AOL's Noisecreep conducted an interview with New York death metal veterans SUFFOCATION at the Inferno festival which was held March 27-30 in Oslo, Norway. You can now watch the chat below.

SUFFOCATION's new album, "Pinnacle Of Bedlam", was released on February 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. The artwork was handled this time around by Raymond Swanland and can be found below.

"Pinnacle Of Bedlam" sold 3,200 copies in the United States during its first week of release to land at position No. 152 on The Billboard 200 chart. The effort landed at position No. 2 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

SUFFOCATION's previous CD, "Blood Oath", opened with around 3,600 units in July 2009 to enter The Billboard 200 chart at No. 135.

"Pinnacle Of Bedlam" was produced by the band at Full Force Studios in New York with longtime collaborator Joe Cincotta. The mixing and mastering of the effort was handled by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (HATEBREED, ARSIS, SUICIDE SILENCE).

"Pinnacle Of Bedlam" features 10 genre-defining-bone-crushing tracks and also marks the return of drummer Dave Culross, who previously played on the "Despise The Sun" EP. Founding member and former drummer Mike Smith also makes a special guest appearance on the re-recorded "Breeding The Spawn" track "Beginning Of Sorrow".

When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Ils reviennent les bougres de new yorkais enfin après 4 ans d attente et le génial pinnacle of bedlam :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Suffocation - Of The Dark Light

Message par Everflow »

New York death metal veterans Suffocation have set the title of their new album: …Of The Dark Light. The record will be out on June 9th via Nuclear Blast, according to Red Distribution. The follow-up to 2013's Pinnacle Of Bedlam will mark the band's first release with new guitarist Charlie Errigo (formerly of Pyrexia) and drummer Eric Morotti (Killitorous, Blind Witness).

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Bonne nouvelle, maintenant il faudrait que le père Mullen bouge son cul pour l Europe.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Exactement, parce que si j'ai bien compris, Guy Marchais ne fait plus parti du groupe, donc sans Mullen il ne reste plus que Terrence Hobbs de la grande epoque sur scene, ce qui est un peu dommage.
J'ai eu la surprise de le voir sur scene en 2014, alors que je m'attendais a son remplacant, et franchement le show atteint un autre niveau avec Mullen au micro
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Suffo sans Mullen ce n'est plus vraiment Suffo...
Hâte d'écouter l'album en tout cas...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Beau boulot encore mais il manque un je ne sais quoi .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Suffocation - Of The Dark Light

Message par Everflow »

Frank Mullen va faire une dernière tournée avec le groupe avant de le quitter :
Terrance Hobbs has confirmed that SUFFOCATION is planning on embarking on one final tour featuring the band's original singer Frank Mullen.

Mullen has fronted SUFFOCATION from its inception in 1988 to the group's breakup in 1998, and then from 2002 onward. Due to his job commitments, he hasn't been able to consistently with the veteran death metal act for the past several years, but he has always been considered an official member of SUFFOCATION and has performed on all of the band's albums.

A few days ago, Mullen announced that he would be exiting the group completely this year after one more tour, although he offered no further details.

In a brand new interview with Metal Underground, Hobbs was asked if it's true that Mullen will no longer be touring or recording with SUFFOCATION after 2018.

"I believe that Frank is planning on completely stopping," the guitarist responded (see video below). "He does wanna do, like, a farewell tour, but it's so hard for him, as well as for us, because there's so much of the world, he can't just take off three months and do South America, do Australia, do Europe, do America, do Japan, go to all these different countries. So right now we're working really hard on — especially between management and Frank — trying to find out what would be the best areas that he'll be able to do in the short amount of time that he has to do a farewell tour. So, eventually it's gonna come, and hopefully it never will. Because we all love Frank — he's one of my best friends in the world, he's always a part of the business of SUFFOCATION as we made this together, and after 30 years… It's not like somebody, oh, he just joined the band and he didn't do a show, so now you kick him out and that's it. No. Frank's been there for 30 years. Now he's my business partner, and it's a more adult relatsionhip. As I said, as time goes on, there's a lot more responsibility for him, and, I guess, all the rest of us who are just musicians, we can go and play in a band all the time and play guitar or go and play in a band and play drums. Frank is screaming his lungs out, and at the end of the day, he's getting his bad headaches and things like that, which, in turn, is making it harder for him to do the kind of touring that a band like us, a death metal band, needs to do in order to get out to the rest of the world and have people take a listen."

He continued: "So, yeah, we're working on a farewell tour for Frank, and it'll be sad if he decides to go, but hopefully he won't. And that's still up in the air to me. But I'm always never gonna let him wanna go. 'No, Frank, you're gonna do this now.' 'No, dude, you're crazy. I can't sit on an airplane for 14 hours anymore.' I'm, like, 'Yeah, you can. But, yeah, Frank's onboard, he's a good dude, and I wish him the best in everything he's doing right now, I wish him the best for his family and his job. And hopefully we can get him back out here to come to say goodbye to you guys, if that's really what he wants to do."

Asked how fans have responded to SUFFOCATION's current stand-in vocalist, Ricky Myers of DISGORGE, Terrance said: "Well, the fans have always actually embraced Ricky. Ricky had his own band, DISGORGE, and still has it — he was a founding member of it. I think a lot of people recognize that 'cause of the extreme brutality of things he does. Now, Ricky is actually singing, but Ricky is a drummer, so, for us, it's almost like a bonus, because Ricky can turn around and he can play drums and have an input. His timing is great, and all the rest of that, and also, he's got a pretty evil voice. So we're really stoked about him, and I think the fans embrace him a lot. From the Netherlands Deathfest, which we just played before this tour started, the fans have really, really [taken] him in, so I think that that's a great thing for us, and I think it's a good thing for him as well."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Album live.
New York death metal pioneers, Suffocation, have announced their new live album, Live In North America, which will be released on November 12 via Nuclear Blast Records. Today, the band releases the track video for the first single, "Funeral Inception". Watch the video, featuring photographs taken by Jason Carlson, below.

Terrance Hobbs comments, "We couldn't be more excited to bring our fans our new live CD Live In North America featuring Frank Mullen's last performances with Suffocation. We couldn't think of a better way to wish Frank a fantastic farewell into retirement for all his contributions to this band as a great frontman, influence, and friend - and to also share this farewell with the fans, new and old, who have been there for us over the decades. We hope the fans will hold Frank's last recorded live tour with us close to your hearts as we do. As another chapter from Suffocation closes, we are more than ready and anxious to bring you more new music and classic death metal in the upcoming months and years. So keep your eyes and ears open, stay heavy and play it loud... see you all on the road!"

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Merci pour ce live.

Maintenant sortez-nous un album pour 2022 hop hop hop !
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Pas fan du tout du chant de Franky sur ce live qui tombe trop dans le yaourt ... Je me contenterai du live in Quebec.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Pareil, pas très emballé par ce live...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En novembre avec leur nouveau chanteur.
New York death metal legends, Suffocation, unleash their ninth full-length album, Hymns From The Apocrypha, on November 3 via Nuclear Blast.

The follow-up to ...Of The Dark Light (2017) and the first release featuring the new vocalist Ricky Meyers, pushes the band to the very edges of extremity and is arguably the group's strongest-sounding, most sonically punishing album yet. Suffocation have achieved death metal perfection.

Today, the band offers fans the first taste of the album with the ferocious track, "Seraphim Enslavement". The menacing music video was directed and edited by Tom Flynn with character design by Kyle Monroe and is the perfect visual pairing to Ricky Myers's monstrous vocals.

Derek Boyer comments, “This is my fifth full-length studio album with Suffocation and this album came out SICK! It features all of the brutal, technical, chaotic twists and turns everyone would expect from Suffocation, plus new elements that are out of the normal realm one might expect. This is the sophomore effort of working with Christian Donaldson (who mixed and mastered Live In North America) and he absolutely KILLED IT on this one!!! We can’t wait to bring these songs to the stage and crush everything in our path!”

Ricky Myers states, "We are thrilled to unveil our 11th full-length album, Hymns From The Apocrypha, a creatively composed piece that blends our style of music with lyrical depth and intricate artwork. This album is a testament to our devotion to brutal music, which we display in the video of our single, 'Seraphim Enslavement', a visual journey that complements the album's concept."

Stream the single here, and watch the video below.

Suffocation took about a month and a half to record Hymns From The Apocrypha. They holed up at Hobbs and Boyer's InLine Studio in Long Island. The duo engineered and co-produced with Christian Donaldson, who was also re-enlisted to mix and master, with Dominic Grimard assisting. With stunning cover art by Greek illustrator Giannis Nakos of Remedy Art Design, Hymns From The Apocrypha is characteristically Suffocation. It's uncompromisingly brutal, artistically gutsy, and aurally heavy. Clearly, Suffocation, as they head into their 35th Anniversary, are at the peak of their potential. Death metal or die!

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

A voir ce que donnera tout l'album !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »