Arch Enemy - Will to Power

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en septembre.
Arch Enemy have finished the tour cycle for their latest album War Eternal and now bring us a new album. The album is called Will To Power and will be released on September 8th through Century Media Records (and via Trooper Entertainment in Japan). The album will also be supported by a tour starting in July by visiting several European festivals continued by a Eastern European tour. See the dates below.

What do you expect from the band's forthcoming tenth studio album?

Michael Amott comments: "After many months of writing and recording in the studio we are delighted to have finally completed work on our 10th studio album, Will To Power. We are looking forward to sharing new music with you soon. We are equally excited to announce the first leg of our Will To Power world tour... Can't wait to play new and old songs for our fans, see you all soon!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Ils disent ps si Jeff loomis a participe a l écriture?
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

très bon titre dans la lignée de War Eternal. Ca me va :D
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Impec la chanteuse!
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner a écrit :Ils disent ps si Jeff loomis a participe a l écriture?
Il a soumis des compositions, mais je ne sais pas si elles seront sur l'album.

Et en bonus une reprise d'un groupe de punk suédois :

Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Et de dix pour Arch Enemy qui malgré les changements de line up ne baisse pas les bras et poursuit son chemin toujours mené par le guitariste Michael Amott (ex-Carcass) depuis maintenant vingt deux ans en sortant le 8 septembre 2017 son nouvel album Will To Power via le label Century Media Records.

Pour les plus grands fans, ce nouveau disque sera disponible en coffret collector en édition limitée à 500 exemplaires en France comprenant l’album en vinyl jaune et CD Digipack accompagné de l’E.P. de reprises inédit Råpunk en vinyl 7″ ainsi qu’un tapis de platine, un poster, un patch et des cartes postales. Pour les autres l’album sera aussi disponible en CD digipack ou boitier crystal et en vinyl de différentes couleurs.

Will To Power est le second album sur lequel figurera la chanteuse Alissa White-Gluz (ex-The Agonist) qui a remplacé Angela Gossow en 2014 qui reste cependant encore la manager du groupe. C’est aussi le premier album avec le guitariste Jeff Loomis (ex-Nevermore) qui a remplacé Nick Cordle en 2014 après la sortie de War Eternal. Ce nouvel album a été produit Michael Amott et le batteur Daniel Erlandsson et mixé par l’incontournable Jens Bogren. Pour la pochette, ils ont fait appel à l’artiste Alex Reisfar.

Arch Enemy poursuit actuellement une grande tournée des festivals européens débuté le 6 juillet et qui se poursuivra jusqu’au 13 août 2017 au Bloodstock Open Air Festival en Angleterre. Il reprendront ensuite la route le 15 septembre pour une tournée européenne avec Jinjer en première partie qui ne passera malheureusement pas par la France. Les fans pourront toujours se consoler en se rendant à la soirée d’écoute du nouvel album organisée au bar Dr Feelgood à Paris le 30 août 2017

https://freakingeek.com/arch-enemy-dixi ... septembre/
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

le 1er morceaux mis en ligne sur youtube est excellent :bang: dans la lignée de war eternal comme cela a déjà été dis plus haut.
Et ils passeront même par Toulouse (au bikini) en janvier 2018 :)
Bib a écrit :L'important, c'est que tu sois de base !!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mike Amott explique pourquoi il ne souhaite pas que Loomis contribue à l'écriture, à savoir ne pas dénaturer le son du groupe.

Argument faiblard si vous me permettez, car ça permettrait au contraire de donner un nouveau souffle et d'éviter la redite. D'autant plus contradictoire quand il invite Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, Rainbow, Malmsteen) jouer un solo de clavecin sur le nouvel album...

Je crois surtout qu'il n'a pas envie de partager les crédits, mais ceci n'est que supposition perfide bien sûr :mad:
Asked if ARCH ENEMY's lead guitarist of the last three years, Jeff Loomis (formerly of NEVERMORE), has contributed to the songwriting process for the band's new album, "Will To Power", Amott said: "No. I mean, he's a strong songwriter, but not in the style of ARCH ENEMY, I feel. He's always writing and recording with his own stuff. He has a project called CONQUERING DYSTOPIA, he has his solo stuff, [and] he obviously wrote most of the NEVERMORE stuff. I've always respected him, and continue to respect him, as a guitar player — he's amazing and an amazing human being; he fits in perfectly. [There's] a great chemistry [between us]. But, you know, I've always written most of the music, so it's difficult to… I don't really wanna change the sound of the band too much. The band sort of started around my songwriting and my ideas, and those continue to be the most dominant ones, I guess. But, you know, who knows [what can happen] in the future?"

Amott also spoke about how Loomis's addition to ARCH ENEMY has changed the sound of the band. He said: "Well, [Jeff is] playing some lead guitar on the album, and his style is very different to our previous guitar players — my brother [Christopher Amott] or whoever else was playing with us. But we have very constrasting styles, which is great. And he can play a lot of stuff on the guitar that I can't play, and I can play stuff that he can't play, so we just have that great… But when we lock together in the harmonies an the motifs, I think it's very strong. He's got a lot of classic metal as well inside of him. I think he's just been working in a different field for a very long time, he's not really… But he started off, obviously, with the same kind of roots that… We have a lot of common ground."

During the same chat, Amott revealed that "Will To Power" will feature a guest appearance "a good friend of ours, Jens Johansson, who now plays in Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW, and he's obviously played with Yngwie Malmsteen in the '80s and STRATOVARIUS he continues to play with." Amott said: "He's a great addition. He's actually a fan of ARCH ENEMY. I met him in a hotel bar in Tokyo. We started talking, and I said, 'I'm in this band ARCH ENEMY.' And he stopped [and said], 'That's one of my favorite bands.' I was, like, 'Really? Okay. Great. You're playing on our next album. How much money do you want to play on our album?' And he said, 'How much do I have to pay you to play on your album?' He really wanted to do it. So, a year later, I sent him a song. I said, 'Can you come up with something for this?' And he did. So that was great. He's on two songs, I think. He plays some great, very classical-inspired stuff on 'Dreams Of Retribution' with the harpsichord. It's got that real almost neoclassical feel. It's great. It's a fun addition to the band."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/arch-e ... wggBF0R.99
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est clair il a son style mais museler un tel talent c est criminel.Il a sûrement assez de talent pour créer dans le style arch sans le dénaturé bref Mikael veut rester le capitaine le seul et l unique dommage.
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

si cela est vrai, c'est vraiment moche :/
Jeff Von Dijon
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Jeff Von Dijon »

Le 2ème titre de l'album:
Globox666 a écrit :Picoler en écoutant du metal avec le cul qui sent le mixa bébé, ça c'est subversif ! :D
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

michael amott c'est un peu comme wolf hoffman avec accept, c'est lui fait tout et que sa jef loomis ou Uwe lullis sont de simple executant.

Le nouveau clip ok c'est du Arch enemy recent
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sur ces 2 titres postés Loomis est uniquement un simple guitariste rythmique de session, sans aucun autre apport...
nunu
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par nunu »

En tout cas moi qui supportait pas Gossow (je n'aimais pas du tout son growl), j'avais trouvé excellent le dernier album, me mettant enfin a écouter du Arch Enemy avec plaisir, j'espère que celui la sera du même tonneau
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

pour faire une légère comparaison Accept = Arch enemy ou plutôt Hoffman = Amott, c'est moi qui dirige et compose tout.
Le cas loomis est sur ce très similaire au cas Lullis chez Accept, un mec avec un talent énorme qu est museler car faut pas dénaturer le style pratiqué.
Enfin Agela est comme gaby, manageuse du combo de leur cher et tendre ;)
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

A la première écoute , je trouve que "Will to power" "est un ton en dessous de "War Eternal" , album que j'adore d'un bout à l'autre . A la fois, le nouveau est un peu plus varié dans les compos , moins mélodique dans les refrains , un peu plus brut .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Titre plus sombre :

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

L'album est vraiment très bon! :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

P'tit Nico
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par P'tit Nico »

War Eternal était vraiment cool, mais les nouveaux titres ne donnent pas envie. Ça fait redite en moins bien. :(
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Je trouve l’album moins bien que War Eternal, avec moins de titres et de mélodies accrocheuses, ceci dit cela reste un album que je prends toujours plaisir a écouter ce qui - malheureusement ! - est chose rare cette année :(
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Loomis révèle qu'il avait écrit quelques chansons pour cet album, qui ont été refusées. Il affirme que cela lui semble logique vu que ce n'est pas "son" groupe, mais on peut aussi penser que c'est un appel du pied...
In a recent interview with All That Shreds, Jeff admitted that playing with ARCH ENEMY was "a big change" for him. "ARCH ENEMY's a six-string-guitar band, and they're tuned down to C, so it took a little bit of getting used to for me to learn some of their approaches to the way they write music," he said. "ARCH ENEMY has a particular formula in the way that they write songs. It's much different than the way I write. It wasn't too hard for me, as I felt pretty focused learning the songs. I think it was a good thing that I got thrown into the whole mix quickly. It made me learn everything very fast and I just quickly became familiar with the songs like that."

He continued: "Since joining the band, I have a lot of musical ideas that I'm hoping I can contribute in the future. I did write three or four songs for the last album, but they didn't make it, only because it wasn't in the style that they were looking for. Fortunately enough, I was able to play guitar solos on the latest album, so that makes me happy.

"I'm looking forward to the future to maybe writing some songs with them and becoming more of a member so to speak, you know, so that's cool," he said. "I'm delighted with my position. I'm very fortunate to play in front of so many people every night and to be able to tour the world and see so many cool places. I consider myself a lucky guy."

When the interviewer pointed out to Loomis that some people got the impression he was not getting any freedom to give creative input to the ARCH ENEMY songs, Jeff responded: "If you were to reverse the whole thing and make me Michael [Amott, ARCH ENEMY guitarist], for instance… Let's go back to when I was back in NEVERMORE, right? That was my band — I called the shots in that band, I wrote the songs. And we, like ARCH ENEMY, had the ever-revolving door of guitar players coming in and out that wanted to write and participate. We granted that to some players that wrote cool songs, like Steve Smyth and Tim Calvert. For the majority of it, it was Warrel Dane [vocals] and I that wrote most of the music. It's kind of the same thing with ARCH ENEMY. Michael and Daniel [Erlandsson, ARCH ENEMY drummer] handle a lot of the writing. They know what ARCH ENEMY is supposed to sound like, simply because they are the founders of the band, plain and simple."

Loomis went on to say: "I didn't want to be that guy that came into the band and said, 'Here are 10 songs and they're going to be on the next album.' That's not right to do that. So I'm just giving it time, and I'm just hoping that on the next record, maybe there will be that opportunity. I can see how people think that. I completely understand… [I'm] just going to have to give it time and see what happens."
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

ils auraient mieux fait d'en accepter quelques unes, l'album est vraiment moyen (à part "reason to believe" et "the race"), surtout comparé au précédent "war eternal" qui étaient excellent.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson différente :

Répondre