Helloween - Pumpkins united, nouveau morceau

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

A l'occasion de la tournée "Pumpkins united", le groupe a enregisré un nouveau morceau avec ses 3 chanteurs !
Il est dispo gratuitement sur le site.

WHOA.
The PUMPKINS UNITED WORLD TOUR is going to be raw awesomeness! The news of Andi, Michi, Kai, Weiki, Sascha, Markus, and Dani turning in a unique premiere and entering the stage together has struck like a bombshell. Allow us to briefly show off with some numbers: The Super Tour, with plenty of dates being sold out for a while now, will be witnessed by more than 10,000 in Mexico City, 16,000 Brazilians will be rocking out in Sao Paulo, 9,000 have checked in at Santiago de Chile while in Stuttgart there’ll be 6,000; 8,000 can’t wait until the Milan show and finally there will be ultimate mayhem at the mega highlights in Prague with 12,000 tickets sold as well as in Madrid with, believe it or not, 14,000 (!) Spanish Pumpkinheads. No wonder, the metal press features hardly any other band in its cover stories and the world’s biggest metal mag “BURRN!” dedicates an unbelievable 41-page spread to PUMPKINS UNITED. This world tour will be forever unforgettable for the entire band and far more than 100,000 HELLOWEEN maniacs all over the planet.
WHAT?!
As we all know, HELLOWEEN is addictive – and so the boys can’t wait for the tour to start either and are releasing yet another sensational announcement while hunkering down in the rehearsal room: PUMPKINS UNITED are not only preparing to share the live stage, but have also written and recorded an exclusive song together. This year, Christmas and New Year’s eve happen in October, because the aptly titled track “PUMPKINS UNITED” blends everything that has made this band world-famous and a true trailblazer of an own sub genre: power guitar riffs, three-part guitar solos, double bass thunderstorms, and melodic-anthemic choruses soaring above all else, performed by all three singers of the band’s history! So this track is all about maximum “UNITED feeling” and a dream hardly anyone thought would come true. And now for the cherry on top: As a thank you to all fans for a quarter of a century of HELLOWEEN mania and decades of loyalty, “PUMPKINS UNITED” will be available via http://www.helloween.org from October 13 as a FREE DOWNLOAD!
WHO-HOO!
PUMPKINS UNITED airlines is ready for take-off: Tour riders have been sent long since, the crew is loading the flight cases, the new track is on repeat, and the boys are properly pumped up because the eagerly awaited kick-off in Mexico on October 19 is just around the corner now. But whether you have tickets or not: We highly recommend to stay tuned – for who knows where this unbelievable PUMPKINS UNITED journey will lead to from here ...
Pre-order the 10" vinyl single now (release: December 8th, 2017): http://nblast.de/HelloweenUnitedNB
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

cool, merci :up:
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Ca restera pas un classique du groupe, hein !!!!! :lol:
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas un classique c'est sûr, et les paroles sont bien tartes, néanmoins je trouve que ça tient la route pour un titre écrit sur commande pour la tournée.

Une partie du solo est très très proche de l'entame de celui de "Fast as a Shark"...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Interview intéressante dans Rock Hard.
Donc en gros c'est Kai qui est à l'origine du truc, mais apparemment le management a aidé, genre la rencontre fortuite entre Weikath et Kiske au Hellfest il y a quelques années... en fait on leur a collé les loges à coté :D
Et ils ont l'air chaud patate pour enregistrer un truc après la tournée...
Weikath parle d'un album ou plus probablement d'un ep, Kai dit qu'il se considère comme un membre a part entière du groupe et Kiske dit qu'il faut voir comment tout se passe mais qu'il n'est pas contre l'idée d'enregistrer un truc derrière...
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Oh quel morceau forcé et facile histoire de se faire un petit billet avec le futur single que le pauvre fan aveugle et débordant d'espérance a déjà précommandé :( :hum: :nul:
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Achille a écrit :Oh quel morceau forcé et facile histoire de se faire un petit billet avec le futur single que le pauvre fan aveugle et débordant d'espérance a déjà précommandé :( :hum: :nul:
Mauvaise langue, il est en téléchargement gratuit :D
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Ok, on peut aussi traduire ça en se disant que Hansen avait plus qu'intérêt qu'Helloween se reforme vu la pente fortement descendante de la carrière de Gamma Ray. Ils doivent être ravis Richter et les autres...
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Dark Schneider a écrit :Ok, on peut aussi traduire ça en se disant que Hansen avait plus qu'intérêt qu'Helloween se reforme vu la pente fortement descendante de la carrière de Gamma Ray. Ils doivent être ravis Richter et les autres...
Kiske aussi avait tout intérêt je pense.
après quand on lit les interview ça semble quand même sincère. Et Kai à commencé a en parler à Weikath il y a 20 ans, le soucis étant Kiske.

Par contre chez Gamma Ray ils ont (même Kai) beau dire qu’après la tournée ils s'occuperont de GR... mais si la tournées s'étire sur 3 ans, s'ils enregistrent un truc et retournent derrière....? En plus Kai dit avoir des idées pour Helloween mais pour GR : "Je sais que les autres ont déjà des idées de morceaux". En gros GR passe au second plan.

Pour Richter et les autres.... ils ont passé une annonce sur le facebook du groupe :mad:
En résumé : "musiciens expérimenté au chômage cherchent copains pour faire musique."
News from The Rays
As the Pumpkins United Tour will continue until summer next year (2018), the Rays will start working on the next album directly after. Until then everybody is collecting ideas and starting to compose some new excellent power metal songs.. Henjo and Michael just finished their successful tour with "The Unity" supporting Edguy. Frank just released his 2nd album with "Red Raven".
So everybody (except Kai) has, besides composing, plenty of time now to collaborate in any project where some experienced musicians are needed. Feel free to contact us anytime.
Dirk, Henjo, Michael, Frank - October 2017
Michael Ehré
http://www.michaelehre.de/
Dirk Schlächter
http://www.bassman.one/
Frank Beck
https://www.frank-beck.com/
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Stéphane a écrit :
Achille a écrit :Oh quel morceau forcé et facile histoire de se faire un petit billet avec le futur single que le pauvre fan aveugle et débordant d'espérance a déjà précommandé :( :hum: :nul:
Mauvaise langue, il est en téléchargement gratuit :D
J'avoue je fais le méchant :D
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est la loose pour les gars de Gamma Ray dont le futur semble bien compromis, en même temps on peut comprendre que Hansen ait envie de retrouver un peu plus d'ivresse (et de nostalgie?) dans Helloween.

Il a vraiment dit qu'il se considère comme membre à part entière du groupe à nouveau?
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

- Te vois-tu comme un invité ou un membre a part entière ?
- Comme un membre a part entière, parce que je me sens considéré comme tel par mes camarades du groupe.(...) Pour le moment nottre attitude est la suivante : faisons cette tournée et discutons après. En tout cas je ne ferme aucune porte bien au contraire"
a Kiske :
- Vas-tu continuer a faire partie d'Helloween ?
-(...) certains membres du groupe semble l'envisager, Markus, Weiki...
Mais lui se voit comme un invité pas un membre parcequ'il n'a fait partie du groupe que 7 ans contre 23 pour Deris. En gros il dit qu'il ne veut pas prendre sa place, mais a coté de ça Markus et Weiki sans être sûr de rien se voient bien à continuer comme Maiden, avec 3 grattes, sauf qu'ils auraient aussi 3 chanteurs ! :o
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Merci.

Si la tournée cartonne et que les griefs d'antan de reviennent pas à la surface, ils vont forcément réfléchir à cette configuration.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ Pour rester sur ce thème, dans cette interview Kai parle pratiquement comme s'il était à nouveau le leader du groupe :
On having Hansen and Kiske back in HELLOWEEN:

Michael: "It's okay. [Laughs] No, the thing is that on the stage we have, everybody is moving about so vividly, Sascha included. I always got to see when someone is coming [to move out of the way]. That's what happens. The rest is okay. They are having a good time."

On whether the "old spirit" of HELLOWEEN has been recaptured:

Kai: "Yeah, it's there, of course. I feel it when we stand together and play with Markus and Kiske. Yeah, it's so familiar. It's cool."

On Hansen having to learn HELLOWEEN songs he wasn't a part of, which includes material from 1991's "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" and up:

Kai: "Well, I had to re-learn old songs, that's for sure. And, I had to learn the newer stuff that I was not part of when they did it. It was a lot of work, actually, to get everything memorized. Now, I'm pretty safe already."

On who came up with the idea for the band's new single, "Pumpkins United":

Michael: "That was the management [Bottom Row]. They said 'Hey, we need a new song.' When the tour starts, we have to play something to people and whatever and the record company [Nuclear Blast] is asking 'Can you do a single?' And so we did it."

Kai: "It was a good idea, I think. It was nice to do it because it was a challenge, of course, for us too, to say 'Hey, does the old magic still work in some way?' Just as a kind of 'sign' out to the fans and say 'Hey, we're back!"

On whether HELLOWEEN will continue to compose new music with their reunited lineup:

Kai: "Let's do this tour first, that's what we said. Of course, the ideas are there, for sure. But, now we want to focus on doing this. It will go until the end of next year on and off, but I think from the middle of next year we can be more definite about making an album. We'll see."

Michael: "When we did this extra track for the tour, the 'Pumpkins United', it was out of schedule, because we were preparing for the tour. We were rehearsing. Usually we don't do track recordings during a rehearsal. You take your extra time for it. If we're ever going to record something together with everyone, it would certainly take more time than back when we were doing the 'Keeper [Of The Seven Keys]' records because there's more characters, more alpha animals involved. That's okay. It's going to work. It's going to take a lot longer. If we deliver something like that, we wouldn't want it to be half-baked in any way. There's not going to be a fucking filler track…"

Kai: "It better be good."

On whether HELLOWEEN will release a live DVD/Blu-ray of the "Pumpkins United" tour:

Kai: "We're recording a few shows on DVD and at some point, it's going to come out."

The "Pumpkins United" tour marks the first time Kiske has played live with HELLOWEEN since 1993. Hansen, who departed HELLOWEEN in 1988, has been joining the band onstage on various tours and festival appearances throughout the years. The set features several duets with Kiske and his replacement, Deris, along with many rarely played songs, including "Kids Of The Century", "Rise And Fall" and "Livin' Ain't No Crime". Hansen — who fronted HELLOWEEN until late 1986 — sings a medley of several early HELLOWEEN classics, including "Ride The Sky", "Judas", "Starlight" and "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michae ... zTqdgpq.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore une interview, de Andi Deris cette fois, qui souhaite fortement que Hansen et Kiske restent dans le groupe après la tournée!

Le gentleman absolu dans ses réponses d'une manière générale :
On whether he expected such a strong turnout to the "Pumpkins United" shows:

Andi: "No, not at all. We thought, 'Okay, if we bring in the old/new singer [Kiske] and the old/new guitarist [Hansen], maybe we'll be happy to double [the attendance].' But the press and everybody else, a year before that, was talking about it and people were getting nosy and people were getting thrilled. You realize more and more people were buying tickets. There were so many countries that we had to double-up the venues. We were like, 'What the fuck is going on?' Pardon my French. [Laughs] It was ridiculous. Suddenly you end up in the bigger and bigger concert halls until you finally play the biggest concert halls in the country. Like São Paulo, they don't have a bigger concert hall and we played it twice. It has been a dream come true."

On how HELLOWEEN chooses which songs to play every night:

Andi: "It very much depends in the moment on Michael [Kiske] because Michael is having the flu since the beginning of South America. Because it was a big mistake, we did not make any break. After South America, we directly dove into the European tour. That was a mistake because he would have needed two weeks' break to finally get healthy again, get rid of the flu. Now he's still struggling with the flu. Yeah, what can you say? It very much depends on Michael. If he feels good, certain songs will be in. If he feels bad, certain songs will fly out."

On the segments of fans who prefer the Deris era of HELLOWEEN (1994-present) or Kiske's (1987-1993):

Andi: "It's always a matter of taste, I would say. Back in the days when I started out with HELLOWEEN, there was no question about which style you have to follow. If you would have followed the QUEENSRŸCHE way, we would lose, because there's already QUEENSRŸCHE and this style of music was already occupied. And there was grunge going on. So, people tended more to that grunge sound and more from the breast singing and more harsh, a bit more hard rock, that's what we did, only when you look at where I come from, I come from a band called PINK CREAM 69. I was singing more like Michael Kiske, but, joining the band in 1994, there was no choice. You better stay away from that technique because it was dead. To survive you have to find, again, that small path to survive and hopefully people accept the 'new singer' and blah, blah, blah. At the end of the day, Michael Weikath [and I] just sat down together and realized, 'Okay, we have to make metal again. But, it has to be different than the 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys'.' Because you can't beat 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys'; they are great albums, they are the masterpieces of the band. You cannot do another masterpiece, it's impossible. They are already there. Nearly every band has one or two masterpiece albums and some try to beat them and lose. I've seen that with all my idols who tried to copy themselves and copy the big success they had with certain albums. They lost sooner or later because you cannot beat it. People love these albums for the particular reason that back in the day, it's when these albums were released, they were young, they had the first KISS, they had the first FALCO, whatever, and now you come with another album, even if it would be better, but they already had their first KISS, they already had their experience with their first F-word again [FALCO]. You compete against your albums and you can't beat them. That's why we chose to kind of go back on the metal track, but stay away from the heritage. Keep the legacy, but don't copy the heritage. That would have been the biggest mistake, I think. So now you have two HELLOWEENs. You have the old-style HELLOWEEN, which I really love, but never was able to sing it as good as Michael Kiske can because it's not my style anymore. Back in '94, I changed my style and I decided it's more from the stomach and more from the breast and less technique. That's my style nowadays, but I completely understand when people say, 'I like this more.' Or vice versa. It's always a matter of taste."

On whether Hansen will go back to GAMMA RAY and Kiske will return to his many projects after the "Pumpkins United" tour ends:

Andi: "I strongly don't hope so because in the moment, the chemistry feels really good and it feels going on like that forever. I don't know…I can't talk for the future, but in the moment, it's a lot of fun. Everybody is enjoying [themselves], I just wish that Michael gets healthy again and gets rid of the fucking flu. Because he's not able to enjoy it like I do, for example. I enjoy each and every city and it's, like, 'Wow, what's going on?' He's still 70 percent occupied with his flu and I feel a little bit sad for him. But I could see us going on for another one and a half, two years touring because the world is big. It's definitely one and a half, two years more of touring. Then, we have Kai, we have Weiki, myself, Sascha is writing good songs. We have a lot of good songwriters. An album would be a dream come true."
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Deris :up: :bravo: :amour:
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il va encore plus loin aujourd'hui car il pense qu'un nouvel album sous ce line-up est plausible à 99%, à condition que tout se passe bien durant la tournée jusqu'à son terme :

On the first leg of the "Pumpkins United" tour:

Andi: "It was quite a surprise, actually. To be honest, everybody thought about having not that much people in the concert halls. That was the fear from the beginning on, but since it's that many people, nobody recognized. I would say personally and I've spoken nearly every day with my guys, with my band fellows, I think, yeah, it seems like a dream because you just don't realize why and how many people that are actually appearing at the concerts. It was in Mexico City, we had like two shows of 12,000 in the concert hall. In Madrid, which was one of the last shows we did on the European leg, there were like 14,000 people in one of the concert halls. So, yeah, it's a dream come true."

On sharing the stage with Kiske, whom Deris originally replaced in 1994:

Andi: "First of all, he was visiting here for three weeks at the Canary Islands and I showed him around. We got very close. He's a person who I really, really like. He's a person you can talk with. He always has some interesting theme or subject to talk or discuss about. Even on tour, it's very important because it's never getting boring — you always have something to talk about. Being able to get to know that guy privately was very important because when we finally hit the stage, he was not a stranger to me anymore. I knew this could become a good friendship for the future and the next years, he will definitely be a part of my life, even in HELLOWEEN or not. I know sooner or later, he wants to buy a nice house over here in Tenerife Island, so he may become a neighbor. That's probably the reason…you don't need to act onstage. He's a good friend of mine, which I never expected, to be honest. Yeah, that's how life works. Suddenly, it shifts, whether you've been scared in the beginning. We had lots of talks. He was scared of me, I was scared of him. At the end of the day, it turned out that it fits, it fits very much."

On whether HELLOWEEN will possibly record an EP or full-length album with the "Pumpkins United" lineup:

Andi: "We certainly have lots and lots of talks. This summer, if the chemistry goes on like this, then everything is possible. After recording that particular 'Pumpkins United' song, we realized that it's easy working together. But then again, you know, when you meet musicians, I think musicians understand themselves without hassle, without problems. A musician is having a certain language and we are all musicians, so we get along nicely. Yeah, it was a great experience to finally finish a song together with Hansen. Sure, I'm used to writing songs with Weiki, but with Kai Hansen, it was the first time. Yeah, it was no problem at all, as if we would have worked together for decades already. So, I could see an upcoming album for the future. If the chemistry stays the way it is now, I definitely would say 99 percent yes, we're going for it."

On the last 20 years of HELLOWEEN:

Andi: "Strangely, I would say that there is not so much that has changed for our band. HELLOWEEN has always been there. Fortunately, we had a great comeback over here in Europe and Asia [in 1994]. We've made a great living, actually, and had no ups and downs like so many other bands, even my idols. You just mentioned JUDAS PRIEST for example, when the lead singer goes out of the band and the follow-up singer [Tim 'Ripper' Owens], for me, he was a great singer, but he did not have the personality to lead the band, so everybody was happy when Rob Halford went back. Me, I was happy when Rob went back. Same for IRON MAIDEN. There were so many bands. Everything seemed to break apart and everybody wants to try his own way and solo shit left and solo shit right. Nothing really works, not even with a big name like Bruce Dickinson. He didn't sell that much. When he went back to IRON MAIDEN, everything was glorious again. That's what the people expected and hoped for. I think it was mainly the '90s and parts of the next millennium, until 2005, 2006, when finally, everything reunited and everything went back to where it used to be and where it belonged, in my opinion. But we've never been influenced by that. We've been on that happy side to have that success, even with a new singer, myself. We were probably a big exception in the rock world. So, if you talk to me personally, for us, HELLOWEEN, nothing has changed that much. We always had fun. The good thing is the chemistry inside: Weiki, Markus, myself, Sascha and now Dani, the last 10, 12 years, it has been super-stable. Everybody likes each other very much. For us, there was never a question to change something. That's probably why we did not actually do a reunited HELLOWEEN without myself or without Sascha. We kept the band as it is and just brought the old rockers back to the band."
Répondre