Skálmöld (viking / folk metal, Islande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un groupe islandais de viking metal, étonnant non? :D
Iceland's Skalmold issued a video clip for the new single "Höndin Sem Veggina Klórar," which you can check out in the player below. The song is part of a split single with Finland's Omnium Gatherum (which released its half, which can be heard over here).

Bibbi commented on the track: "To me this song sounds a little bit different, and I like that fact very much. Don't get me wrong, it is clearly a Skálmöld song, but somehow it's just ... fresh? Yeah, for a lack of a better word, let's go with fresh. I am also very happy about the lyrics, and the concept. The title translates to 'The Hand That Scratches The Walls' and is written from a standpoint of a man who is caught with his family inside their burning farmhouse.

"It might sound as a total cliché but I truly feel this is one of our best songs to date. And we totally need it since the Omnium Gatherum song on the flip side could easily make us look very bad in comparison. What a killer band they are!"

The 7" split single will be available on November 24th via Napalm Records, which features the following track list:

Side A: Skálmöld - Höndin Sem Veggina Klórar
Side B: Omnium Gatherum - Blade Reflections

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

le cd/dvd live avec l'orchestre d'islande et des chœurs d'enfants est tout simplement génial, j'adore :bang:
Groupe découvert en 1ere partie d'Eluveitie il y a 2 ou 3ans maintenant.

A chaque fois que j'écoute leur chanson Kvaoning en live je suis toujours autant impressionné :bave: :bravo:
Bib a écrit :L'important, c'est que tu sois de base !!
Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

Julien06 a écrit :le cd/dvd live avec l'orchestre d'islande et des chœurs d'enfants est tout simplement génial, j'adore :bang:
Groupe découvert en 1ere partie d'Eluveitie il y a 2 ou 3ans maintenant.

A chaque fois que j'écoute leur chanson Kvaoning en live je suis toujours autant impressionné :bave: :bravo:

tout pareil à part que je les ai découvert avec leur premier album.

Assez inégal dans les compos mais dans l'ensemble j'aime bien.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

After announcing earlier this year that they were recording a new album, Skálmöld have now spilled the beans and shared all the details about it. The Viking folk metallers from Iceland will release Sorgir on October 12th via Napalm Records, which will contain eight new songs.

The album title (eng.: sorrows) gives the headline for this concept album that is divided in two parts: The first four songs tell four short stories about tragedies and death. It is called Sagnir (tales). The second chapter called Svipir (ghosts) thickens the plot by telling the same four stories from a different perspective.

According to the label, Sorgir is a dark, cold and tragic album dealing with Icelandic myths of superstition, shadows, spectre and despair. Soaring melodies, folk elements and harsh outbursts remind of the chilly beauty of Skálmöld's home country - Iceland, the eternal and awe-inspiring source of inspiration for neckbreakers such as "Gangari" and the gripping epic "Mara."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Encore un groupe à creuser, pfff j'y arriverai jamais !

Le groupe me plait bien, étant déjà amateur du style ce n'était pas bien difficile. Mais j'ai vraiment beaucoup aimé l'extrait du live avec l'orchestre d'Islande. Je l'ai déjà dit ici, je suis un chaud partisan des fusions LEMETAL / LECLASSIQUE, et l'extrait précité ne fait que renforcer ma conviction. Bordel le crossover Hellfest / Folle Journée c'est pour quand ?
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Ao Hausti je ne suis vraiment pas fan, je trouve la compo vraiment trop bateau, trop cliché. C'est dommage parce qu'instrumentalement ça tient la route.

On pourrait en dire autant de Ao Vetri de prime abord, mais sur ce titre ça ne concerne qu'un ou deux riffs.

J'aime vraiment Aras par contre.

En tout cas niveau voix c'est vraiment sympa et original.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

After reigning in the metal scene for almost 15 years, Viking metal giants Skálmöld will unveil their sixth studio album, Ýdalir, on August 18, 2023 via Napalm Records. First single “Ratatoskur” is out now, together with an accompanying lyric video (watch below).

With their first record in five years, the Icelandic six-piece are bound to exceed all expectations – inspired by several Icelandic sagas and Norse mythology, such as the poem Grímnismál.

Carried by a breathtaking guitar solo, strident growls alternate with clean vocals, delivering the message of “Ratatoskur”. The Icelanders celebrated their 10-year anniversary in 2020 with an explosive live album, recorded during three sold-out nights at the Gamla Bíó in Reykjavík, and fans can’t wait for the band’s brand new material and energetic live shows at festival stages this summer - including their return to huge European metal festivals like Wacken and Summer Breeze.

Björgvin on “Ratatoskur”: “We proudly present to you all our sixth studio album, Ýdalir. It has been 5 years since we released our latest album and it is about time we give our fans some new music. By the end of 2019 we had already decided to give the band a little break, give ourselves time to reflect and recharge the batteries after busy and eventful first ten years of Skálmöld. And then Covid happened. So the break might have been a little longer than intended. But I can honestly say that we are back stronger than ever, full of energy and hunger to make new music and present it to our fans. And Ýdalir is proof of that. The six of us can easily say that it might be our strongest release to date, full of energy, catchy melodies and heathen epicness.

The first single we give to you, ‘Ratatoskur’, is all that. Driven forward by a catchy and folky melody. But still heavy and epic. All you would expect from a song devoted to the squirrel who runs up and down Yggdrasill, bringing messages from the eagle atop the world tree to the serpent Níðhöggur who dwells beneath one of the roots of Yggdrasill, right?

Ýdalir is an album we are super excited to present to you all and hope you like it as much as we do. It is about time we give you some new music. So enjoy! Skál!”

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Mouais, pas convaincu, surtout par le chant. J'y prêterai quand même une oreille au Breeze, peut - être que ça sonnera différemment en live.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vocalement je n'accroche pas, mais ça reste bien foutu dans leur style (un peu simpliste dans le cas présent) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre