Michael Schenker Fest - Resurrection

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie début 2018 pour cet album qui regroupera les 3 anciens chanteurs de MSG vus cette année, + Doogie White, ainsi qu'une apparition de Kirk Hammet!
Legendary German guitarist Michael Schenker has set "Resurrection" as the title of the upcoming album from his MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST project. The disc, which was produced by Michael Voss, is tentatively due in early 2018 via Nuclear Blast.

"Resurrection" was recorded in four different locations over a five-month period and features a guest appearance by METALLICA's Kirk Hammett along with contributions from three original MSG (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP) singers — Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet and Robin McAuley — plus Doogie White, who plays with Michael in MICHAEL SCHENKER'S TEMPLE OF ROCK.

"It's not like three singers [where] each one sings three songs," Schenker explained to "Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon" (hear audio below). "We actually ended up having all singers together on a few songs, which is really, really unique and interesting. It's really entertaining, because you hear these different types of voices coming in to the same song, singing… Basically, Gary maybe sings the bridge, Robin sings the verse and Graham sings the chorus or whatever. We did this on about three songs or so."

According to Schenker, "Resurrection" will contain all brand new songs, including the projected first single "Warrior", which he describes as "really, really good and really powerful." The track will be made available several weeks prior to the album release and will come with a behind-the-scenes video.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michae ... oQ7p8cA.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Réunion de famille où les égos ont été mis de côté, je trouve que ça tient la route même si bien sûr ça fait un peu collage :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Schenk continue de descendre son frère en flammes, bon ça va on a compris, maintenant il faudrait penser à lui donner ses médicaments. :D
Il n'y a que Klaus Meine chez les Scorpions qui trouve grâce à ses yeux.
Legendary German guitarist Michael Schenker (SCORPIONS, UFO) has once again slammed his brother Rudolf, saying that the SCORPIONS axeman is "a desperate wannabe" who "cheated and bullied" his younger sibling.

Michael Schenker gave a number of interviews in the last couple of years in which he questioned his brother's integrity, going so far as to call Rudolf "a con artist" who "completely adopted [Michael's] image" as his own. He also denounced the SCORPIONS for "distorting" the story of his brief tenure with the band and criticized what he saw as ongoing efforts to minimize the contributions of the group's former drummer Herman Rarebell and ex-bassist Francis Buchholz, as well as SCORPIONS' long-running creative complacency.

In a brand new chat with Jimmy Kay of Canada's The Metal Voice, Michael said (hear audio below): "My brother is a cheat. I just stay away from him. What I found out about him is disrespectful, disgraceful. Let him be who he wants to be; I just can't trust him and I just stay away from him as far as I can, because he rips me off whenever he can because he knows what I do always has good value and he hasn't got ideas of his own. He stole my image, he copied everything I did ever in his life. And if he wants some goodness coming out of this, he has to clean his side of the street, but that's up to him. I just need to stay away from him as far as I can."

Michael added that his low opinion of his brother has "has nothing to do with" SCORPIONS singer Klaus Meine, whom he called "a pure soul. [Klaus] is the only artist in the band [and] he's carrying the whole SCORPIONS," Michael said. "And who's the SCORPIONS anyway? SCORPIONS is made out of different eras and has different foundations. That's why SCORPIONS is still a big name. And SCORPIONS has a foundation — it's a cake with the icing, only because I was the first guitarist in the band with Klaus Meine, a great singer. I was only 15 years old, I was called the 'wunderkind,' and I was playing developed guitar already as a 15-year-old. So for the people who fell in love with a great-guitarist-great-singer type of concept, the SCORPIONS were already recognized as an international, very, very high-potential, successful band, and that was based on Klaus Meine and myself. I wrote most of the music on [SCORPIONS' 1972 album] 'Lonesome Crow'. My ever first written song was 'In Search Of The Peace Of Mind'. The SCORPIONS, Rudolf mainly, he credited himself. He had nothing to do… I wrote the song in the kitchen of my mom's. Rudolf wasn't there, so I don't know why his name is on there as a writer."

Michael explained that he "was very disappointed" when he found out that SCORPIONS presented "a completely false 'Lovedrive' story" as part of the band's 2015 deluxe box set containing reissues of some of their finest work. "They lied about everything," Michael said. "I had a contract for 'Lovedrive' as the sixth member of the band. There should have been a picture in there. They should have mentioned that I wrote the intro to 'Holiday', which is a 40-second setup that sets up the mood for 'Holiday', which was one of the most successful ballads ever of the SCORPIONS. Then there is 'Coast To Coast', which Rudolf asked me if I would give my portion of the composition to him. I wrote all the melodies in 'Coast To Coast', so I said, 'Why not?' I gave it to him."

Michael also doubled down on his claim that Rudolf got some of his early ideas about songwriting and image from his younger brother. "Basically, he was pretending to be me," Michael said. "And because I made the decision, when I was 23 years old, that I didn't need [to be] holding desperately on to success and fame, because I'm a real musician and I was more interested in expressing myself as an artist, I never even looked back at the SCORPIONS, looking what they did with the 'Lovedrive' album. I only found out all of these things after my sister said, 'Rudolf is a greedy wanker.' That raised concern. When I read the false 'Lovedrive' story/bio, then I went, like, 'Wow! Maybe my sister is right after all.'"

According to Michael, Rudolf capitalized on the fact that he was older than his brother and intentionally misled his younger sibling into giving up something that was rightfully his. "I was 15 years old and Rudolf was already 21," Michael said. "He already ripped me off then by crediting himself for a song that I wrote. Do you think Rudolf gives anybody his share of the songwriting that he wrote? No, he wouldn't. But he ripped off his younger brother. It's disgraceful. This is disrespectful and it's taking advantage of a younger man, of a younger boy, and it's basically bullying him and trying to control him and making him his property. He's that kind of a guy. He cheated and he bullied his younger brother, who was an artist not looking for money."

Referring to himself in the third person, Michael summed up his relationship with his brother thusly: "Michael Schenker never wanted to be famous and successful; Michael Schenker just wanted to have fun with music. And Rudolf Schenker is a desperate wannabe who ripped his brother off and even went as far as taking credit for his younger brother's songwriting. It's stupid. So let's forget about that guy until he understands that it's not all about rat race and money and being famous and being 'it.' There's more to life than just being rich and famous and having money."
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

Ceci étant dit les conflits de famille sont ceux qui marquent le plus, qui sait si Michael ne dit pas la vérité au final.
Michael Schenker est un précurseur et guitar hero qui n'avait même pas 20 ans quand il a rejoint UFO, puis a dépanné les Scorpions au pied levé quand Uli Roth s'est barré, avant d'embarquer sur un nouveau succès mondial avec MSG.
Rudolf à part un certain talent à la guitare rythmique et quelques riffs on est quand même loin du talent de son jeune frangin.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sur le fait qu'il est bien meilleur guitariste que Rudolf, c'est bien sûr la vérité, il n'y a pas photo.
Mais c'est beaucoup plus subjectif sur l'aspect créatif, composition dans le cadre d'un groupe, et "leadership".

Et Michael oublie aussi que son frère s'était occupé de lui quand il était dans sa sombre période d'alcoolique durant laquelle il était une épave indigne de son statut. Ce qui n'excuse pas de vouloir réécrire l'histoire de Scorpions aujourd'hui.

J'ai l'impression que les torts sont probablement partagés, et que l'ingratitude semble venir des 2 côtés.
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Alors j'aime beaucoup ce titre "warrior" moi ! :)
Content de voir que l'excellent (sublime même sur le live a madrid) Doogie White est pas tricard !

Et me suis maté le Schenker fest, Robin Mc Auley se frise complètement là ! :bow:
Et du coup on regrette de pas avoir sur ce live du rab de la période Fm avec ce son plus tranchant !
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Bonsoir à tous et toutes :D Comme hellion je trouve le titre excellent, classique dans la partie instrumentale mais sublimé par les parties vocales (Mc Auley :yeah: )
Mais c'est quoi c'est un live avec un inédit ou un nouvel album studio( ils parlent de Kirk hammet :mad: ) :scratch: En tout cas s'ils passent à Barcelone pour le rock fest je signe immédiatement :D
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est bien un nouvel album studio, avec le line-up étendu de la formation scénique.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Kirk Hammet joue un solo sur ce titre :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality