Witherfall (heavy metal progressif, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça a l'air correct, avec des ex-membres de Iced Earth, White Wizzard, Circle II Circle, dans un registre bien connu influencé par Queensrÿche, Crimson Glory, King Diamond, etc. La ballade sonne très très Nevermore...
U.S. progressive metallers WITHERFALL — the collective brainchild of guitarist Jake Dreyer (ICED EARTH, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS, WHITE WIZZARD), singer Joseph Michael (WHITE WIZZARD) and the late Adam Sagan (CIRCLE II CIRCLE, INTO ETERNITY)— have signed a worldwide deal with Century Media.

The band, whose debut album was independently released this past February, has stirred up the international scene with its unique approach of combining epic metal with dark heavy metal and complex yet catchy progressive metal to style that reminds of early CRIMSON GLORY, the "Conspiracy"/"The Eye" era of KING DIAMOND and the great achievements of bands like NEVERMORE, FATES WARNING and QUEENSRŸCHE.

WITHERFALL comments on the signing: "We are very honored to be a part of the Century Media legacy. The roster of acts they have worked with speaks volumes about the pride they take in bringing original and engaging music to Metal fans around the globe. WITHERFALL promises to deliver on the Century Media slogan of 'quality in metal.'"

"Nocturnes And Requiems" will receive a European release on October 6 as a limited CD digipak version with three stickers, a noble LP version with gatefold sleeve, inlay, poster and CD as well as digital download/stream.

The beautiful cover artwork was created by legendary painter Kristian Wahlin (TIAMAT, DISSECTION, EMPEROR).

With Dreyer and Michael having previously worked together in WHITE WIZZARD and Sagan collaborating with Dreyer on the critically acclaimed debut instrumental EP, "In The Shadows Of Madness" — which included a featured track for the popular video game franchise Rock Band — the trio combined forces to begin writing for the new project in 2013.

Eager to resonate their ideas, WITHERFALL headed to Phoenix, Arizona to record their debut album, "Nocturnes And Requiems", with engineer Ralph Patlan (MEGADETH, Brian "Head" Welch, MSG) in late 2014. The album was then sent on to New York City for mixing and mastering by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ROB ZOMBIE, QUEENSRŸCHE, HATEBREED) at Planet Z.

"Nocturnes And Requiems" is dedicated to the life of Adam Sagan, who passed on December 7, 2016 during the final stages of production.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/wither ... suHPSw8.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ambiance King Diamond et Nevermore sur ce clip (kitsch) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jolie reprise inattendue de Helloween!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Witherfall (heavy metal progressif, USA)

Message par Everflow »

Ils sont de retour, avec un single speed.
While the shadows of winter are creeping up and the nights get longer it is the perfect time for Curse Of Autumn, the upcoming album from L.A.’s finest Witherfall that is scheduled for a release in March 2021.

The album art is once again another hand painted masterpiece by the legendary Kristian Wåhlin, the fourth painting in the Witherfall series. Streaming below is a visualizer clip to see the art in its full glory while listening to first song, “The Last Scar”.

Witherfall comments: “This is a nice a happy one… heavily inspired by an evening on tour in the Czech Republic. Quite possibly one of the most aggressive Witherfall songs and certainly a test of stamina for instrumentalists and voices. During the recording Our producer Jon Schaffer really put us to the test on getting these final takes. Both Witherfall and our team at Century Media felt this song would be the perfect way to introduce our latest offspring ‘Curse of Autumn’. Like any other Witherfall record this one is quite the storm. This is but the first gust of wind…”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Un pote m'a écrit ce matin : "Excellent le dernier titre de Witherfall, quel putain de groupe !"
Et c'est vrai que ce second titre sorti est vraiment cool ! Mieux que le premier qui s'écoutait déjà sans soucis.

Aussi : j'adore la consistance dans le style des pochettes.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette dernière chanson a une influence Nevermore très marquée, en plus classique / moins torturé.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

je viens de tomber sur ce groupe en errant au hasard sur youtube pendant une période d'insomnie, je viens de me prendre une beigne ! Etant dans une période Death Metal, je pensais que Witherfall c'en était :D

Je vérifiais qu'un sujet existait sur dotf :)

On dirait que ce groupe a été formé spécialement pour me plaire, du vrai fan service (j'y retrouve du Nevermore, Symphony X entre autres) ! Y a de la bonne gratte, un super chanteur avec des relents de Warrel Dane notamment, des bonnes ballades, des ambiances marquées, un mordant et une agressivité rythmique mesurée et classe.

Je n'ai plus qu'à éplucher l'intégralité de la discographie.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est en effet ce qui se rapproche le plus de Nevermore de nos jours, avec aussi Ghost Ship Octavius et Communic.

Ils seront en première partie de la prochaine tournée d'Evergrey.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une belle chanson.

Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

En réécoutant enchainés ces 5 derniers titres qui avaient été publiés sur youtube et que j'avais découvert au fil de l'eau :
https://www.deezer.com/fr/album/193806232

Je suis vraiment très très fan là et très impatient d'écouter l'album entier en mars !
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je n'avais pas encore écouté jusqu'à hier et c'est très bon. C'est proche de Nevermore dans l'esprit, tout en ayant une personnalité bien distincte. C'est du pain béni pour Century Media pour remplacer Nevermore :)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

oui Nevermore avec un peu de Symphony x et d'Adagio (et Jason Becker pour certains solos et sweeping), je trouve vraiment chouettes les interventions du gratteux

ce titre "Portrait" déjà posté plus haut est particulièrement jouissif, à chaque fois que je l'écoute je giclabousse de partout et je suis obligé de changer de sloggi :D

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Version raccourcie d'un titre de 15 minutes.

Globox666
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Globox666 »

l'album "Curse Of Autumn" est sorti semaine dernière et c'est une bombe, ça surbute !! J'écoute en boucle et ça fait bien plaisir ! Bon ils avaient déjà diffusé une bonne partie des titres mais le tout se tient super bien ! Même la ballade "The River" je commence à aimer alors que les ballades et moi, ça fait deux.
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Excellent groupe en effet! J'ai les 2 premiers albums et c'est vraiment de la musique de qualité qui déboite bien comme il faut avec plein de passages variés :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Reprise géniale et complètement réarrangée du classique de BOSTON :up:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single étonnant et percutant. Ils se mettent au metal extrême? Un peu comme... Nevermore à une époque? :innocent:
Progressive power metal mashers Witherfall are back. With an as of yet unnamed fourth studio album looming on the horizon, they’ve dropped a new song and accompanying music video, “Insidious.”

As you can find out for yourself by checking out the video below, “Insidious” pretty much lives up to its namesake, offering up a punishing nearly seven minute listen. It’s loud, it’s heavy, it’s melodic, and it’s the first single for an as of yet unnamed new album expected to release in the near future.

The song, and aforementioned upcoming album, will be the band’s follow up to their 2021 full-length studio effort Curse of Autumn. According to the band, the circumstances surrounding the writing and recording of “Insidious” was a long process, to say the least.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »