D.D. Verni (Overkill)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le bassiste emblématique d'Overkill sort un album solo.

Bon, le morceau posté ne casse pas 3 pattes à un canard, mais il se fait plaisir c'est l'essentiel. :D
OVERKILL bassist and main songwriter D.D. Verni will release his first solo album in 2018. The record, which was mixed and mastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ROB ZOMBIE, QUEENSRŸCHE, HATEBREED), is said to be a mix of all of Verni's influences. "There's some metal, punk, and classic rock... it's all in there, from QUEEN to GREEN DAY to METALLICA, I think we covered all the basses!" declares D.D.

The lyric video for the song "Fire Up" can be seen below.

Verni is currently seeking a label home for his first effort, which features a host of guitar players doing guest spots, including Jeff Loomis (ARCH ENEMY), Angus Clark (TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA), Jeff Waters (ANNIHILATOR), Bruce Franklin (TROUBLE), Mike Romeo (SYMPHONY X), Mike Orlando (ADRENALINE MOB), Steve Leonard (ALMOST QUEEN), and Andre "Virus" Karkos (DOPE), who also contributed the rhythm guitar tracks. Rounding out the recording lineup is former OVERKILL drummer Ron Lipnicki.

"I'm psyched to get this disc out," states Verni. "We had a lot of fun and a lot of great players contributed."

In addition to OVERKILL's 18 full-length albums, Verni has four releases with his side band THE BRONX CASKET CO.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/overki ... vDaG0Oy.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

MOTHERFUCKER !!! :lol:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

:) :bang: Je le trouve bien cool ce titre!
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

OVERKILL bassist and main songwriter D.D. Verni will release his first solo album, "Barricade", on October 12 via Mighty Music. The record, which was mixed and mastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ROB ZOMBIE, QUEENSRŸCHE, HATEBREED), is said to be a mix of all of Verni's influences. "There's some metal, punk, and classic rock... it's all in there, from QUEEN to GREEN DAY to METALLICA, I think we covered all the basses!" declares D.D.

"Barricade" track listing:

01. Fire Up
02. Miracle Drug
03. Off My Leash
04. (We are) The Broken Ones
05. Lost In The Underground
06. The Party Of No
07. Night of the Swamp King
08. We Were Young
09. Slow My Ride
10. Heaven Calling
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'ai écouté l'album, c'est sympa mais plus punk que metal. On est souvent plus proche de Green Day que d'Overkill :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

pas trop metal, c'est clair.
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il sort un autre album solo, complètement différent! Attention ça swingue, voyez-vous même l'extrait, super cool. Avec une référence ultra connue au milieu.
D.D. Verni & The Cadillac Band today share “Cadillac Man”, the first single and video from their debut album, Let's Rattle, out September 17 (via MVD). Expect high-energy original swingin’ and rockin’ big-band music from D.D. Verni, the songwriter/founding member/bassist for heavy metal pioneers Overkill who’ve sold millions of records worldwide and have released 19 studio albums dating back to their 1985 debut album.

Watch the video, filmed at the Vogel Theater in New Jersey and directed by Rich Furniss, produced by Adam Torkel and edited by Steven Bartashev, below and listen to the song here. Pre-order the album here or pre-save the album here Read a Q&A with Verni below.

Verni has always dreamed of recording a big band album, as his love for the sound dates back many years. The New Jersey-based artist began by writing a fantastic collection of soon-to-be big band classics. Next he recruited longtime Brian Setzer Orchestra upright bassist, John “Spazz” Hatton, to do horn arrangements and play upright bass, while bass player D.D. switched things up playing some guitar on the album. Then D.D. brought in the LA based horn section from Phat Cat Swinger to play the horns and added Brian Setzer Orchestra drummer and current Doobie Brothers member, Tony Pia. Add jazz pianist Dave Moscoe and Hot Rod guitarist Damian Bacci, and you have a star-studded line-up of big band greatness that made this album shake and swing.

With songs like “Cadillac Man,” “Shake It Swing It” and “Olivia…that’s Who!” the album features 13 tracks (nine originals and four covers), was produced by Verni and mixed by Greg Reely (Coldplay, Sarah McLachlan, Overkill), and recorded in Los Angeles and New Jersey.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bien fun.

Répondre