Heavatar (Van Canto, Jörg Michael / Allemagne)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fondé par le leader de Van Canto et comprenant Jorg Michael, le concept selon eux est de fusionner metal et musique classique, mais pas au sens où on l'entend généralement, c'est à dire sans adapter des compositions connues, et sans ajouter des arrangements orchestraux à une base metal. Le détail ci-dessous :
Heavatar, the classical inspired metal band revolving around Van Canto mastermind Stefan Schmidt (vocals, guitar), drummer Jörg Michael (former Stratovarius), Sebastian Scharf (lead guitars), Daniel Wicke (bass) and some of the greatest classical composers of all time are releasing their sophomore album, Opus II - The Annihilation, on February 16th via earMUSIC. A lyric video for the track "None Shall Sleep" is available for streaming below.

Unlike other classic-meets-metal projects, the purpose of Heavatar is not in just adapting classical compositions to new instrumentations. It is not writing a metal song and having some orchestra playing along. Heavatar’s music is an answer to the question “What would it sound like, if Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and friends joined a metal band?”. The classical composer’s impact ranges from a single melody to a riff, a song structure, a harmony or even a lyrical inspiration - always picked up and thrown back by the band members, creating a unique, riff-oriented sound with some classical feel underneath. Puccini is spending some chords on the thrashy opener “None Shall Sleep”, Chopin adds some piano-based shuffle feel on “Hijacked By Unicorns” and Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Boellmann and Vivaldi are adding their style and ideas to other songs on “The Annihilation”.

Standing out as a true gem of the genre and beyond, the new album displays exciting guitar riffs, a great sense for storytelling, diversified yet catchy melodies and high velocity. If Opus I - All My Kingdoms was a stepping stone into the unexpected waters of classic inspired power metal, Opus II - The Annihilation is a cliff-dive into the same water that bravely challenges the very barriers and possibilities of it.

Opus II - The Annihilation will be released on February 16th on CD and Digital

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre