Immortal : le retour sans Abbath

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Demonaz et Horgh ont terminé l'album en secret, en compagnie de Peter Tägtgren.

IMMORTAL HAS COMPLETED NEW ALBUM!
The recording and mastering of the new IMMORTAL album is completed.
The band´s upcoming new full-length album has been produced by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio) who also produced «At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black", "Sons Of Northern Darkness" and "All Shall Fall"

Demonaz and Horgh comment:
"We have put a massive amount of energy into this, and wanted to deliver our absolutely best.
It has been a pleasure to finish the studio process and most of all being stoked about the final result. Peter Tägtgren has done an outstanding job in producing and mixing it. We now look forward to have it released, and are excited to share our 9th full length with you all."

The album will be released by Nuclear Blast Records in 2018 (release date will follow) and will contain the following tracks:

"Northern Chaos Gods", "Into Battle Ride", "Gates To Blashyrkh",
"Grim And Dark", "Called To Ice", "Where Mountains Rise",
"Blacker Of Worlds" and "Mighty Ravendark"

The line-up on the album is:
Demonaz (vocals, guitars)
Horgh (drums)
Peter Tägtgren (session bass)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Ils ont viré Appollyon aussi?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En tout cas les titres des morceaux sont certifiés! :blackos:

Ravendark => check
Mountains => check
Blashyrkh => check
Northern => check

et le super combo "Grim and Dark" :evilbang: :bow:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en juillet.
On July 6, Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL — now consisting of lyricist/guitarist Demonaz (real name Harald Nævdal) and drummer Horgh (real name Reidar Horghagen) — will unleash their first studio album since "All Shall Fall", released almost nine years ago. The legendary band has forged "Northern Chaos Gods", an album which takes IMMORTAL back to its roots. The album features eight new tracks consisting of 45 minutes of merciless speed and icy darkness, all massive songs in the true IMMORTAL way.

The disc was produced by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio), who also helmed IMMORTAL's "At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black", "Sons Of Northern Darkness" and "All Shall Fall" LPs.

"We are eternally dedicated to IMMORTAL and our own musical past," Demonaz and Horgh saidin a statement. "The album is conceptual, and the first step in the reclaiming of our past grimness and attitude. Loyalty to the fans and our own musical history is very significant in this. Our new album will soon be available, with songs from the very gates of Blashyrkh — the realm of all darkness and cold."

The band has once again been focusing on making its music without much outside influence.

"We have put a massive amount of energy into this, and wanted to deliver our absolutely best," Demonaz and Horgh said. "It has been a pleasure to finish the studio process and most of all being stoked about the final result. Peter Tägtgren has done an outstanding job in producing and mixing it. We now look forward to have it released, and are excited to share our ninth full-length with you all."

IMMORTAL will first release a seven-inch vinyl single of its first new song, the album's title track, "Northern Chaos Gods". It will be available in three different colors and is strictly limited edition. The digital version of the track will be available on May 11, while the physical single is out on May 25, in the following editions:

* white vinyl (limited to 500 pieces; mailorder exclusive)
* red vinyl (limited to 300 pieces; mailorder exclusive)

Demonaz is now also handling the vocals for IMMORTAL following the 2014 split with frontman Olve Eikemo (a.k.a. Abbath).

In addition to Demonaz (vocals, guitar) and Horgh (drums), IMMORTAL's new disc features Tägtgren on session bass.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier extrait de ce nouveau line-up sans Abbath :

lolo
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par lolo »

J'y croyais plus depuis le départ de Abbath et le disque sans intérêt pour moi de Demonaz. Ce premier extrait me réconforte et me redonne espoir pour la suite de l'album. Un titre direct dans la lignée de Pure Holocaust, Battles in the North, un retour aux sources que je n'aurais vraiment pas cru possible avant de l'entendre. A suivre de près.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Avec un son assez proche de Hypocrisy je pense que Tatgren n'y est pas pour rien non plus 😉
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Google[Bot] a écrit :
14 mai 2018, 14:40
Avec un son assez proche de Hypocrisy je pense que Tatgren n'y est pas pour rien non plus 😉
La production me fait plus à celle de Pytten sur les anciens albums de ENSLAVED.

En tout cas bon morceau et retour aux sources, mais pas totalement convaincu par la voix de Demonaz.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

C'est cool mais ce n'est pas le Immortal que j'aime. D'autant plus dommage que le Demonaz en solo m'avait beaucoup plu.
JCHDR
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par JCHDR »

Ça lorgne bien vers la période batthle in the north et si tout l'album est de ce calibre je prends c'est bien moins décevant que l'album merdique de demonaz !
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

à moi j'ai adoré l'album de Demonaz, une sacré perle ce disque là.
J'aurais préféré quelque chose allant dans ce style là avec une touche d'At The Heart Of Winter qui est pour moi le chef d'oeuvre absolu du metal norvégien.
le morceau sonne bien quand même, mais en écoutant je pense beaucoup à Marduk par moment...même si le style Demonaz donc Immortal est là
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A forcer d'aller toujours au nord ils vont finir par se retrouver au sud :mad:

Blague à part ça annonce un album plus intéressant que "prévu", j'espère qu'ils ont malgré tout gardé un peu de la touche atmosphérique de l'ère Abbath.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voilà du pur Immortal épique (et assez Bathory il faut le reconnaître) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Immortal : le retour sans Abbath

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe part à nouveau en vrille, ça sent le split on peut dire.

Après avoir gagné les droits sur le nom IMMORTAL face à Abbath, désormais Demonaz et Horgh sont en procès l'un contre l'autre pour ces mêmes droits! Plus précisément, Demonaz a tenté de s'approprier les droits exclusifs sans en parler à Horgh, ce dernier a fait appel et a obtenu gain de cause, la situation est techniquement revenue au point de départ.
Sauf que Demonaz insiste et va continuer dans sa démarche, avançant qu'il est selon lui le seul membre d'origine et principal compositeur de l'histoire du groupe. Ce qui est bien sûr faux, il est le principal parolier mais pas compositeur, comparé à Abbath.
Demonaz a quand même essayé d'entuber Horgh en douce ce qui ne peut que mal se finir. Celui-ci de son côté s'est apparemment rabiboché avec Abbath qui a terminé sa cure de désintoxication et serait favorable à rejoindre Immortal, vont-ils se regrouper? Suite au prochain épisode. :D :blackos:
IMMORTAL members Harald "Demonaz" Nævdal and Reidar "Horgh" Horghagen are involved in a legal dispute over the rights to the band's name.

One of Norway's first and most successful black metal acts, IMMORTAL was formed by Demonaz and Olve "Abbath" Eikemo in 1990. Horgh joined the group in 1996. Six years ago, Abbath and the rest of the group went through a bitter breakup.

The highly publicized legal battle in 2014 over the rights to the IMMORTAL name pitted Abbath against Demonaz and Horgh, with Abbath claiming the pair abandoned IMMORTAL after they moved their gear out of the band's rehearsal space. The Norwegian court systems determined otherwise, and awarded the IMMORTAL name to Demonaz and Horgh.

According to documents uncovered by Norway's VG, a new conflict has arisen between the two remaining IMMORTAL members, with Demonaz registering IMMORTAL with the Norwegian Patent Office as his exclusive trademark in July 2019. The registration was approved, and he was therefore given the exclusive right to use the band name commercially. However, Horgh chose to appeal the registration, and the matter was ruled in his favor, meaning that Demonaz no longer has the exclusive right to the IMMORTAL name.

Horgh told VG that he had no advance knowledge of the registration made by Demonaz.

"It could never have occurred to me to register the trademark by myself, as Nævdal has done here, but I have found myself having to fight to keep the rights I have earned through a long career in this band," he said. "It is, and after all has been for many years, a large part of my livelihood."

Demonaz told VG that he disagrees with the decision, pointing out that he is "the band's only remaining original member. I am also the only one who has been on all of the band's releases," he said.

The Norwegian Patent Office ruled that the rights to the IMMORTAL name belong to the band as a whole, and not to the individual members.

"We have jointly as a band built up the trademark IMMORTAL, and it is therefore right that the trademark should be a joint ownership," Horgh said.

The drummer went on to say that he is hopeful IMMORTAL can perform live again.

"It has been my goal all the way, and I know that this is something IMMORTAL fans want and have been waiting for a long time," he said. "I hope in the long run that we can manage to put these disagreements behind us, and again look ahead as a band."

IMMORTAL's first album without Abbath, "Northern Chaos Gods", was released in July 2018 via Nuclear Blast.

Two months ago, Abbath told Norway's Dagbladet newspaper said that he wasn't opposed to an IMMORTAL reunion.

"I got a text from Horgh saying it was great that I got sober," he said. "Harald and I haven't spoken at all. But there's no evil blood or bitterness on my part anymore. I realize that I was a part of the problem. Things are great for me now. But am I open to an IMMORTAL reunion? Yes, of course. But it has to be something special. I just wish we could sit down and have a talk about things when it all went to hell, instead of involving lawyers."

Abbath used to be married to Demonaz's sister, and they share a son, Torbjørn.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Ils sont pas possibles...

Est-ce que c'est pour ça que finalement on entendait pas trop parler d'eux depuis la sortie de l'album ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Possible, car la tentative de "putsch" de Demonaz a eu lieu en juillet 2019...
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Moi je pense la question elle est vite répondue :

Demonaz's Immortal pour Demonaz.
Immortal Of Fire pour Horgh.

Crisis averted.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sans oublier Immortal Blashyrkh in the North pour Abbath.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Immortal : le retour sans Abbath

Message par mike-polar »

BurningDarkness a écrit :
04 août 2020, 23:34
Est-ce que c'est pour ça que finalement on entendait pas trop parler d'eux depuis la sortie de l'album ?
sûrement, mais faut aussi savoir qu'il n'y a pas eu de concert ou de tournee pour promouvoir l'album donc on les a vite perdu de vue. même s'il semble pouvoir composer et jouer ses parties en studio, je ne pense pas que Demonaz soit capable de monter sur scene. Horgh y fait vaguement allusion dans son communique.

En tout cas, c'est bien ridicule cette histoire. Entre Abbath qui, il y a encore quelques mois, montait sur scene ivre mort et incapable de jouer et qui fait le clown dans le public pour compenser et les deux autres qui se sont en proces l'un contre l'autre...pfff. Elle est loin l'epoque ou les black metalleux reglaient leurs desaccords au couteau! :D

Cela dit, le dernier album etait sympa.
Répondre