Benediction (death metal, UK)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe "culte" de death metal british est de retour au travail.
Long-running Birmingham, U.K.-based extreme metallers BENEDICTION are in the process of writing their first album in 10 years.

After getting together a few months ago, guitarists and original members Darren Brookes and Peter Rewinsky have been compiling ideas for a new release. Both agree that it's the best stuff they have written for a really long time and say it will not disappoint any BENEDICTION fans. Vocalist Dave Hunt, who has been in the band since 1998, is also enthused about the new music and is currently writing lyrics as the material is being presented to him.

"It's the first time in forever that we've been this excited," Brookes said. "Can't wait to get cracking and to get back on stage."

BENEDICTION's first concerts in three years will take place on the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise in early February.

BENEDICTION's latest album, "Killing Music", was released in North America in September 2008 via Locomotive Records. The follow-up to 2001's "Organized Chaos" was produced by ANAAL NATHRAKH mastermind Mick Kenney and features several guest musicians, including Karl Willets (BOLT THROWER), Kelly Shaefer (ATHEIST), Billy Gould (ex-FAITH NO MORE), The Fog (FROST), Markus Staiger (Nuclear Blast Records owner) and Thorsten Zahn from Metal Hammer Germany.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

cool
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dave Ingram a réintégré le groupe.
Long-running Birmingham, U.K.-based extreme metallers BENEDICTION have been rejoined by vocalist Dave Ingram (formerly of BOLT THROWER).

Ingram's return to BENEDICTION comes two months after the departure of the band's previous singer, Dave Hunt. Hunt's schedule had become increasingly congested with his commitments to both BENEDICTION and ANAAL NATHRAKH, as well as his relentless studies for his PhD. Therefore, Dave decided to vacate the rôle in BENEDICTION he commanded for over 20 years.

Ingram, who first joined BENEDICTION in 1990, just before the band began writing its second album, "The Grand Leveller", and left in May 1998, had the following to say about his return to the group: "Dan Bate (BENEDICTION bass player) and myself were already in contact via social media and he had mentioned a few months ago that Daz was looking to contact me. After the surprise revelation, I began to wonder what he'd wanna talk to me about — old contract discussion maybe, back catalogue? Who knows? Could be all sorts. But obviously, as most of you do, I keep up to date with goings on in the metal world and keep a close eye on BENEDICTION and was aware of the situation regarding Dave Hunt's departure from the band. Soon enough, my phone lit up with Darren's number, and after initial baby steps, things escalated at lightning speed. Both ends of the phone were clearly getting excited, and at this point, both my wife and my son said simultaneously that if he is asking you to return to the fold, you had better do it' F@#YEAH!!!!!!! YES, I'M IN!!!!!!

"So here we are, already deep into writing the new album, which at this time is going spectacularly well. The new material is gonna blow you people away!!!!!! We are planning to begin recording in September so not long now.

"And to all my followers on social media I hope you understand that myself and the guys had decided to keep my return under wraps until Dave Hunt had completed his time with the band, a simple and necessary courtesy.

"I can't wait to see you people on the forthcoming BENEDICTION live shows."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Benediction (death metal, UK)

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en octobre.
Long-running Birmingham, U.K.-based extreme metallers BENEDICTION will release their new album, "Scriptures", on October 16 via Nuclear Blast. The disc was produced by Scott Atkins at Grindstone Studio in England and will be released digitally, on CD and in various vinyl formats.

The official music video for the disc's first single, "Rabid Carnality", can be seen below.

According to a press release, "Scriptures" "sounds 100% like BENEDICTION: they blend death metal with a 'fuck-off punk rock attitude', heavy metal riffing and a groove that hardly any other band can capture. Dave Ingram's signature growl and powerful lyrics enhance the tonal framework that makes their sound so distinctly BENEDICTION. As usual the tracks vary from slow and heavy to fast and intense, from shorter, in your face rippers to crushing monoliths.

"The artwork fits perfectly to BENEDICTION and awakens and will resonate with any devoted old-school death metal fan. It was created by Birmingham artist Simon Harris and is reminiscent of the iconic artwork of their early output. There's no doubt that it will fit in perfectly to every vinyl collection next to 'Subconscious Terror', 'The Grand Leveler' or 'Transcend The Rubicon'. All in all, 'Scriptures' is an album of bare bones death metal, where everything is just as it should be. A jewel in the catalogue of a band that has been present from the very beginning and, in line with one of their most classic songs 'We Bow To None', has always remained true to themselves and their fans."

Track listing:

01. Iterations Of I
02. Scriptures In Scarlet
03. The Crooked Man
04. Stormcrow
05. Progenitors Of A New Paradigm
06. Rabid Carnality
07. In Our Hands, The Scars
08. Tear Off These Wings
09. Embrace The Kill
10. Neverwhen
11. The Blight At The End
12. We Are Legion

This past January, BENEDICTION was forced to postpone its previously announced South American tour as a result of "serious health problems" suffered by Ingram.

Ingram rejoined BENEDICTION last summer. His return to BENEDICTION came two months after the departure of the band's previous singer, Dave Hunt. Hunt's schedule had become increasingly congested with his commitments to both BENEDICTION and ANAAL NATHRAKH, as well as his relentless studies for his PhD. Therefore, Dave decided to vacate the rôle in BENEDICTION he commanded for over 20 years.

Ingram first joined BENEDICTION in 1990, just before the band began writing its second album, "The Grand Leveller", and left in May 1998.

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

J'ai hâte :bang:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

J'avoue ne jamais avoir vraiment accroche a ce groupe mais le morceau poste a l'air dans la lignee de leurs classiques et je suis content de ne plus voir l'autre chanteur (celui d'Anaal Nathrakh) que je ne supportais pas.
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

C'est pas le titre de l'année mais ça passe bien. :)
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est groovy taillé pour le live Mosh.
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Je suis d'accord avec Metalwinner. :bang: Du Death comme j'aime. :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du savoir-faire! :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Death. Metal. :banghorns:

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

:up: :bang: old school as fuck!
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Putain ça fait du bien :bang: :bang: :bang:
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

La classe !
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Demesnounet tu deviens quelque un de plus en plus fréquentable :D album qui défonce même si très classique. :bang: :bang: :bang:
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Qu'est - ce qu'il ne faut pas faire pour se faire inviter un week - end. :D
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

L album fait une belle apparition dans les classements de vente en Europe :bang: :bang: :bang:
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Sympa mais quand même vachement générique à part 2-3 morceaux au-dessus du lot. Tellement de meilleures sorties en death old-school cette année !
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je suis tout a fait d'accord. Sympa mais sans plus - il y a tellement d'autres sorties death metal cette annee qui meriteraient votre attention. Mais bon, les fans ont l'air contents donc c'est tant mieux.

Je vais sûrement me faire taper dessus mais c'est mon ressenti globalement sur Benediction - même a la grande epoque. Techniquement OK, mais gros manque de personnalite, quand on regarde ce qu'il y avait en face.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Il n y plus de Death plus de Morgoth plus de Bolthrower l ange morbid n est plus que l ombre de lui même et j en passe .Bénédiction devient l un des derniers dinosaures alors nostalgie oblige tout le monde lui fait des courbettes.Perso ils ne révolutionnent rien mais leur nouvel album donne la patate c est déjà ca.
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

mike-polar a écrit :
02 nov. 2020, 10:42
il y a tellement d'autres sorties death metal cette annee qui meriteraient votre attention
Dans la même veine, tu conseilles quoi ?
Prochains concerts:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Moi je trouve qu'ils ont leur style Benediction, après ils ont souffert de la comparaison avec les groupes de leur compatriotes qui avaient une personnalité plus affirmées (Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Napalm et co), mais j'ai toujours appréciés leur évolution. Après ce qui me plaît avec ce disque c'est qu'ils reviennent aux sources et dépoussièrent le sujet, j'ai jamais trouvé que leur son était terrible sur leurs premiers albums. Pis j'aime bien leur approche pas très technique, mais très riffus et accrocheurs avec ce qu'il faut de groove pour approuver.
Enfin pour moi c'est surtout la fibre nostalgique qui parle, donc le certificat d'authenticité qui va avec, Benediction faisait partie de ces groupes que j'appréciais au début des 90's et ils se faisaient rares ces dernières années, donc les voir revenir avec un album aussi solide ça me fait plaisir. (Si Dismember a la même idée, je prends :o)
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Ah oui, je peux tout a fait comprendre le cote nostalgique et comme dit metalrunner, beaucoup des grands groupes de l'epoque ont jete l'eponge donc ça fait plaisir de les voir continuer. Ce n'etait pas pour descendre le groupe en soi, mais perso j'ai toujours trouve leur style plus ou moins a cheval entre Bolt Thrower et le Napalm Death epoque Harmony Corruption - mais bon c'est aussi que j'ai decouvert ces groupes la bien avant, donc forcement la comparaison fait mal.
Denis a écrit :
02 nov. 2020, 12:52
Dans la même veine, tu conseilles quoi ?
Pas forcement dans la même veine que Benediction - mais les grosses sorties death cette annee pour moi sont le Necrot, Undeath et Faceless Burial. Dans les trucs plus proche au style, tu peux peut être tenter Kommand, Vastum, Acephalix, Celestial Sanctuary...
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

mike-polar a écrit :
02 nov. 2020, 16:19
mais perso j'ai toujours trouve leur style plus ou moins a cheval entre Bolt Thrower et le Napalm Death epoque Harmony Corruption
En même temps avec les chanteurs qu'ils ont eu c'est dur de ne pas penser à ces groupes :D
Répondre