Kamelot - The shadow theory

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

Le prochain album de Kamelot s'intitulera "The Shadow Theory"
KAMELOT UNVEILS TITLE OF UPCOMING ALBUM,
ANNOUNCE FIRST EUROPEAN SHOWS!

KAMELOT are set to release a brand new masterpiece in 2018 and now the band has unveiled the album’s title: THE SHADOW THEORY.

"The Shadow Theory" is coming this Spring on Napalm Records!

The new album features all the signature elements of KAMELOT and also sees the band step out to add new and industrial elements along while combining amazing emotions that harken to the band's earlier days. KAMELOT’s epic music is chock full of symbolism relating to how the band feels about the world and the current state of civilization. More news and details regarding The Shadow Theory will be made available soon - cover reveal next week!

Following the release of The Shadow Theory, KAMELOT will embarque on a massive World Tour, starting in North America during April/May 2018 followed by European shows in Summer 2018. The band will return to Europe in September/October 2018 for their biggest headliner tour to date.

Today the very first show of the upcoming The Shadow Tour have been announced! Grab your tickets now, as pre-sales are up and running!

KAMELOT NORTH AMERICA 2018
Sp. Guests Delain and Battle Beast
GO TO www.kamelot.com/site/tour or FB event page

Festivals:
12 Jul 2018 Vizovice, CZ @Masters of Rock
08 Aug 2018 Villena, ES @Leyendas del Rock Festival
10 Aug 2018 Derbyshire, UK @Bloodstock Open Air Festival
GO TO www.kamelot.com/site/tour or FB event page

THE SHADOW TOUR 2018
14.09.18 NL – Tilburg / 013 http://bit.ly/ticketsKAMELOTtilburg2018
22.09.18 NO – Oslo / Sentrum Scene http://bit.ly/tixKAMELOToslo2018

more dates to be announced, stay tuned!! *album cover reveal soon!
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

je comprends pas la pochette :help: :crazy:
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Pantoufle
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Pantoufle »

C'est la théorie de l' apicultrice de l' ombre !!
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Gandalf a écrit :
19 janv. 2018, 23:16
je comprends pas la pochette :help: :crazy:
C'est pas la pochette, c'est l'affiche de la tournée. La pochette sera révélée plus tard. Probable que ça s'approche de la pochette ou que ça en soit un détail ;-)
Stéphane

Message par Stéphane »

Voilà la pochette :
Kamelot’s upcoming album The Shadow Theory is here! Coming on April 6th, 2018 via Napalm Records. Preorder it now!
http://kamelot.napalmrecords.com

“Everyone carries a shadow and the less it is embodied, the blacker it is” – Carl Jung

Teaser video for The Shadow Theory: Short clip of Burns to Embrace, this song features Thomas’ son in the final chorus! Song is an homage to future generations that inherit the earth. More music and teasers on the way!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tracks:

01. The Mission
02. Phanto Divine (Shadow Empire)
03. RavenLight
04. Amnesiac
05. Burns To Embrace
06. In Twilight Hours
07. Kevlar Skin
08. Static
09. MindFall Remedy
10. Stories Unheard
11. Vespertine (My Crimson Bride)
12. The Proud and The Broke

A 2-CD edition is available with the digipak version and the following additional tracklist:
01. Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) (Instrumental version)
02. RavenLight (Instrumental version)
03. Amnesiac (Instrumental version)
04. Burns To Embrace (Instrumental version)
05. Kevlar Skin (Instrumental version)
06. The Proud and The Broken (Instrumental version)
07. The Last Day of Sunlight (bonus)

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Ca se présente... comme la suite de Haven. Un bon album, mais la ligne de chant sonne pop quand même...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Casey Grillo (batterie) quitte le groupe, pour se consacrer à "d'autres opportunités".
J'espère que cela ne veut pas dire qu'il remplace définitivement Scott Rockenfield dans Queensrÿche, avec lesquels Grillo fait une pige actuellement...

Son remplacé est nommé ci-dessous.
KAMELOT has parted ways with longtime drummer Casey Grillo and has replaced him with Johan "Jo" Nunez.

Prior to the recording of KAMELOT's upcoming album, "The Shadow Theory", Casey informed the band that he had made the difficult decision to pursue other music and touring opportunities, in addition to the desire to focus more time on his drumhead company.

"Casey has been my friend and colleague for nearly 20 years," said KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood. "We have seen and done a lot together both in and outside of KAMELOT. As his friends, the band and I respect his decision. I'm sure that we will all still be hanging out together when we have down time."

In a statement announcing his departure, Casey said: "First and foremost, I would like to thank all of the KAMELOT fans around the world for your support during my time with the band. It has afforded me the opportunity to travel the globe, meet the most amazing people, experience so many cultures, and to share some of the most memorable experiences of my life. Between the various other musical endeavors I am involved with, along with my rapidly growing business, DrumStatic.com, it really just became evident it was time for me to explore and focus on these new opportunities without compromising the exclusivity KAMELOT needs and deserves.

"I sincerely ask for you all to give a warm welcome to Johan Nunez and to embrace him as the new drummer. He is a great guy and will proudly represent and continue the KAMELOT legacy!"

The technical musical arrangements and intense touring demands drove the band to enlist a proficient and energetic musician which would fit perfectly within the KAMELOT machine. The new KAMELOT drummer, Johan "Jo" Nunez, is a 29-year-old drum master and instructor who has been touring and playing albums with Marty Freedman, Gus G., FIREWIND, NIGHTRAGE and more.

"We knew Johan already from touring and he worked with us on the entire recent European tour," said KAMELOT bassist Sean Tibbetts. "He's a sensational drummer, and was an easy choice in my mind. Be sure to make him feel welcome, and bug him for a photo; he's a super-nice dude!"

Nunez stated: "I am thrilled to join the KAMELOT family! I've known the band for well over 15 years and always looked up to Casey as a drummer, so it was a big honor for me when I was asked to step in.

"I have toured in the past with KAMELOT and I could see how dedicated and loving their fans are! Everybody in the band and crew has been wonderful and already made me feel at home, so I'm really excited to meet you all soon on the road!"

The band wishes Casey all the best in his future musical and business journeys. As part of the KAMELOT family, he will continue to work behind the scenes with band.

Grillo has been filling in for QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield since April 2017. Scott is taking time off from the band's touring activities to spend time with his son, appropriately named Rockson.
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Je saurais même pas dire si c'est une grosse perte, c'est un bon batteur, mais il a pas non plus un groove ou une technique à se relever la nuit.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Single OK mais tendance pilotage automatique. Du travail sur les nuances dans les lignes vocales quand même.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip. Et même commentaire que pour le précédent titre, en plus formulaïque encore je trouve. C'est pas vilain en soi, mais lisse et déjà entendu à outrance chez eux. Le concept est probablement plus ambitieux que la musique...

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Plutôt sympa ce titre, le refrain reste en tête et est assez efficace :bravo: même si je rejoins Everflow : rien de nouveau chez Kamelot :)
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Lisse et déjà entendu à outrance chez eux, c'est bien résumé. Je trouve que c'est même encore un peu plus basique qu'avant, Youngblood est un bon gratteux, suffisamment en tout cas pour ne pas se contenter de plaquer bêtement des powerchords...
Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Polochon »

Ca résume aussi l'album, hélas... j'avais beaucoup aimé Haven, celui-là fait l'effet d'un énorme soufflé !
Au moins ils restent efficaces sur scène, et ces chansons paraissent prévues pour être jouées sur scène... soit un certain manque d'ambition, mais bon, à eux de voir !
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Bon, je vais à contre courant des ressentis , mais l'album est une nouvelle fois excellent après un très bon haven etr un silverthorn plutôt pas mal!
Donc pour ma part, en bon fan de kamelot, je suis pleinement satisfait!
La plupart des titres restent en tête très facilement et sont d'une efficacité redoutable. C'est soigné, Tommy Karevik est d'une facilité écoeurante (moi qui pensait que Roy Khan était irremplaçable) et tous les titres sont bons (oui même kevlar skin avec son refrain un peu étrange au départ).
Si vous avez aimé haven, vous aimerez celui là aussi (normalement :D ) car ces deux albums sont il est vrai assez proches.
Pour ma part, j'y retourne! :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau batteur :
American power metal machinery Kamelot is proud to announce and present the new addition to their ranks. Joining them as a permanent drummer in the band is Alex Landenburg (CyHra, Mekong Delta). He will be replacing Johan "Jo" Nunez, who has recently parted ways with Kamelot, after a brief period.

Statement from the group: "Dear Kamelot Empire! The second leg of the European tour was a blast, thanks to the support bands, the crew and amazing KAMFANS! Also tons of exciting concerts coming up and also work continues on the new DVD/Blu-ray, release date to be announced soon. In addition, we are very happy to bring our good friend and drummer extraordinaire Alex Landenburg into the fold now officially! Alex is not only a great guy but also a master clinician, teacher and master at his craft. After filling in several times in the last 2 years, he proved to be an amazing addition and youthful energy to the band. He will also continue as the drummer for CyHra. If you haven't met him yet, please make sure you say hello, he is a great guy and his smile is infectious."
Répondre