Rush : la fin

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Même s'ils n'annoncent pas officiellement un split, ça revient exactement au même : le groupe arrête toutes ses activités, et chacun se consacre à ses projets personnels.

Après Black Sabbath, une autre légende des 70's qui raccroche...
RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson has confirmed that the band is unlikely to play any more shows or make new music. "It's been a little over two years since RUSH last toured," he told The Globe And Mail. "We have no plans to tour or record any more. We're basically done. After 41 years, we felt it was enough."

But the 64-year-old musician added that he has "actually been busier lately than I have been in a while. I'm writing a lot," he said. "I'm writing on four or five different little projects. I get these requests to do guitar work with other people. It's really a lot of fun for me. It's low pressure: I get to be as creative as I want to be and I can work a little outside of the box, which is really attractive to me."

Lifeson also revealed that he was writing for the West End Phoenix, a new monthly newspaper in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where RUSH is based.

RUSH's chronic tendinitis-suffering drummer Neil Peart hinted during a 2015 interview with Drumhead magazine that he would no longer tour with the band, revealing his daughter had already started referring to dad as "a retired drummer."

A short time later, bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee played down Peart's comments, blaming the media for making too much of his bandmate's remarks.

Geddy said in a 2016 interview that he had "accepted" that RUSH's last batch of live shows was "probably the last one as a tour."

The 65-year-old Peart revealed in RUSH's documentary "Time Stand Still" that he initially had no intention of going on a tour in 2015. "In November [of 2014], we all got together in Toronto and I was quite prepared to say, 'Sorry, I'm done,'" he said in the film. "I realized I was kind of a solitary misfit in that context of being the one that wanted to pull that plug. I left one little window in my mind that if somebody wanted to do it one more time and didn't know if they'd be able to, ."

Lifeson and Lee confirmed that the band will never do a show unless all three musicians agree to take part. "It's not like you just get new members of a band and just go for it," said Lifeson. "RUSH has never been a band like that. We'd never, ever do something like that." Lee added: "We always said that if the three of us aren't on board, we don't do a thing. There have been other decisions in our career where the three of us weren't on board and we didn't do it. Nothing as profound as ending our touring life, but fair enough. So one guy doesn't want to do that thing anymore that I love to do. That hurts. But there's nothing I can do about it and that's part of the agreement."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je connais très peu le groupe mais c'est une légende qui s'en va...
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

:,( merde .... je ne les aurai pas vu
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

IDEM jamais vu
En même temps ils ont pas du passer beaucoup par la France durant leur très longue carrière ...
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

effectivement !

Ces dernières années il fallait principalement aller en Allemagne... les rares fois où ils venaient en Europe
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après ils n'excluent pas formellement de rejouer ensemble le temps d'un concert, mais pour les tournées et les albums a priori c'est terminé.

Physiquement Peart commence à accuser le coup, et Lifeson a la tête à d'autres choses, alors c'est sans doute la meilleure décision, plutôt que de décliner et d'offrir une performance décevante aux fans.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est la fin du groupe mais le début des rééditions.
RUSH has released the official lyric video for the title track of the band's landmark album "A Farewell To Kings" — the fifth studio LP originally released in 1977, which introduced the radio hit "Closer To The Heart", album tracks "Madrigal", "Cinderella Man", as well as enduring fan favorites with "Xanadu" and "Cygnus X-1". The clip was created by Adam Jones of ALJ Innovations and features original artwork by Hugh Syme and illustration by Fantoons.

"A Farewell To Kings" was released last fall in a lavish and expanded edition.

"A Farewell To Kings - 40th Anniversary" is available to fans in four distinct configurations, including (1) Super Deluxe Edition, (2) three-CD Deluxe Edition, (3) four-LP Deluxe Edition, and (4) the Deluxe Digital Edition.

The Super Deluxe Edition includes three CDs, one Blu-ray Audio disc and four high-quality 180-gram vinyl LPs. The set encompasses the Abbey Road mastering studios 2015 remastered edition of the album for the first time on CD; a complete RUSH concert recorded in February 1978 at London's Hammersmith Odeon, newly mixed by longtime RUSH engineer and original "A Farewell To Kings" producer Terry Brown from the multi-track live tapes; four newly recorded cover versions of songs from the original album by DREAM THEATER, BIG WRECK, THE TREWS and Alain Johannes; and an instrumental studio outtake of the spacey sound effects the band has creatively titled "Cygnus X-2 Eh". The Hammersmith show features, for the first time ever, over thirty-four minutes of unreleased performances including a complete "2112" suite, "Lakeside Park", a drum solo and "Closer To The Heart". The Super Deluxe Edition's audio content on its CDs is duplicated on its vinyl discs. Meanwhile, the Blu-ray audio disc contains a brand new 5.1 Surround mix of the album by four-time Grammy-nominated Surround Sound producer Steven Wilson, along with three original 1977 promo videos from a newly found two-inch quad video master significantly improving the video quality for "Closer To The Heart". The Super Deluxe package also includes an elaborate new fortieth-anniversary cover treatment by longtime RUSH creative director Hugh Syme, who has also created a new piece of artwork for each of the album's six songs, and an extensive twelve-thousand-word liner notes by Grammy-winning rock historian Rob Bowman.

The Super Deluxe Edition of "A Farewell To Kings - 40th Anniversary" also includes several exclusive items, including a unique King's Ring, with custom velvet pouch and neck chain; two lithographs with original artwork by Hugh Syme; a special twelve-inch turntable mat featuring distinctive artwork by Hugh Syme; and a reproduction of RUSH's original 1978 "A Farewell To Kings" tour program.

"A Farewell To Kings - 40th Anniversary" second configuration was released in a three-CD Deluxe Edition, with the newly reasserted "A Farewell To Kings" album, the Hammersmith Odeon show, the four new cover songs, "Cygnus X-2 Eh" outtake, Hugh Syme's song-specific artwork and Rob Bowman's liner notes.

The third configuration is offered as an audiophile 180-gram four-LP Deluxe Edition featuring the same audio content as the three-CD edition with double-gatefold packaging, thirty-two-page vinyl-size booklet, the special twelve-inch turntable mat, along with Syme's artwork and Bowman's liner notes.

The fourth configuration, the Deluxe Digital Edition, features the original album as disc 1, the complete Hammersmith concert unedited as disc 2, and the four covers songs plus the "Cygnus X-2 Eh" outtake as disc 3.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un tribute au groupe avec du beau monde (Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Devin Townsend et plein d'autres) va sortir :
Magna Carta will release "An All-Star Tribute To Rush" on deluxe 2CD digipak and deluxe 2LP red vinyl on June 24.

Iconic vocalists and venerated musicians come together on this bombastic tribute to prog rock superstars RUSH. The collection contains unique interpretations of tracks from throughout RUSH's stellar career, including their biggest hits "Tom Sawyer", "Spirit Of The Radio", "Working Man", "Red Barchetta" and many more. It features performances by Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW), Steve Morse (DEEP PURPLE), James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER), Stu Hamm (JOE SATRIANI), Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA), Jani Lane (WARRANT), Alex Skolnick (TESTAMENT), Kip Winger (WINGER), FATES WARNING, Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG), Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER), Jack Russell (GREAT WHITE), John Petrucci (DREAM THEATER), Jake E. Lee (OZZY OSBOURNE), George Lynch (DOKKEN) and more.

Track listing:

Disc 1

01. Working Man - Sebastian Bach & Jake E. Lee
02. By-Tor And The Snow Dog - James LaBrie & John Petrucci
03. Analog Kid - Sebastian Bach & John Petrucci
04. The Trees - Mike Baker & Brendt Allman
05. La Villa Strangiato - Steve Morse
06. Mission - Eric Martin
07. Anthem - Mark Slaughter & George Lynch
08. Jacob's Ladder - Sebastian Bach & John Petrucci
09. Closer To The Heart - FATES WARNING
10. Natural Science - Devin Townsend