At the Gates - To Drink From The Night Itself

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en mai.

L'extrait sonne familier.
The official video for "To Drink From The Night Itself", the title track of the new album from Swedish melodic death metal pioneers AT THE GATES, can be seem below. The clip was directed by Patric Ullaeus, who has previously worked with IN FLAMES, ARCH ENEMY and DIMMU BORGIR, among others.

AT THE GATES frontman Tomas Lindberg comments: "So, for the first song to present to the public, we chose the title track of the album, which is also the opening track of the record. To us, this gives a presentation of the attitude of the album: raw, hungry and desperate. It also gives an introduction to the whole concept of the record.

"We live through our art, and the whole album deals with the concept of art. Art as a tool either for revolution, or suppression. To drink from the night itself is just that, a metaphor for living and breathing through art. Of course, the concept goes deeper than that, but this song is the heart of the concept, the fierce call to arms so to say. We are still at war, but this time we are fighting the abyss, the abyss of apathy and oppression. It is an aggressive song, but also contains a lot of the other elements of the band's sound on this record. Melancholia, desperation and struggle.

"For the first video, we chose to use Patric Ullaeus again, as he is good at capturing the raw energy of the band playing live. In the video you can also see glimpses of the art used for the cover, so it binds it all together nicely."

"To Drink From The Night Itself" will be released on May 18 via Century Media. Produced with Russ Russell (NAPALM DEATH, THE HAUNTED, DIMMU BORGIR) at Parlour Studios in the U.K., the follow-up 2014's "At War With Reality" will feature conceptual artwork created by Twilight 13 Media's Costin Chioreanu, who previously worked with AT THE GATES on the band's last disc.

Lindberg comments: "It has once again been an absolute pleasure working creativily with Costin.

"We had a lot of ideas for what we wanted to get across with the art this time around. Overall they were, not surprisingly, related to the general concept of the record.

"What is great with Costin is that he understands the band. He knows what we are and where we come from. And me and him also have a strong artistic connection.

"I have never met anyone that goes so deep into the world of my lyrics and concepts. When I first wrote to him describing my ideas, I was worried that my remarks were perhaps too long and too confusing, only to get back an even longer and very inspired response…

"The inspiration for the actual front cover piece is taken from the Pergamon Altar, on display at the Pergamon museum in Berlin. It is, of course, linked closely to the concept that the whole record is based upon, but more on that later. But I will throw a name out there, for the interested ones; Peter Weiss.

"I can't wait to get the whole record in my hands now, as this is just one of the many great artwork pieces that Costin has created for us on 'To Drink From The Night Itself'..."

"To Drink From The Night Itself" track listing:

01. Der Widerstand
02. To Drink From The Night Itself
03. A Stare Bound In Stone
04. Palace Of Lepers
05. Daggers Of Black Haze
06. The Chasm
07. In Nameless Sleep
08. The Colours Of The Beast
09. A Labyrinth Of Tombs
10. Seas Of Starvation
11. In Death They Shall Burn
12. The Mirror Black

Lindberg recently spoke to Decibel magazine about how the departure of longtime AT THE GATES guitarist and primary songwriter Anders Björler has affected the band's sound. "It is true that there is a big shift in the lineup," he said. "What you have to take into consideration is that Jonas Björler [bass] wrote 40 percent of both 'Slaughter Of The Soul' and 'At War With Reality'. Some people seem to forget this. They just assume that the lead guitarist is the sole songwriter. Jonas had to take a lot more responsibility this time around, but me and him have had a really great and creative time writing this album. There is a slight change of direction, maybe, but AT THE GATES fans shouldn't be worried — it is still an AT THE GATES record. If anything, it is heavier and more death metal than the last one."

Lindberg said that new AT THE GATES guitarist Jonas Stålhammar came into the band too late to be involved in the composing process for the new disc. "This one is basically Jonas [Björler] and me when it comes to the writing. All the guys have contributed in some way, but the main writing comes from Jonas and me. Most of the songs were already in the finishing stages when Jonas Stålhammar joined, so there wasn't much time for him to contribute, but we look forward to having him more involved next time around. Saying that, his solos will, of course, be written by himself."

AT THE GATES 2018 is (left to right in photo):

Adrian Erlandsson - Drums
Jonas Björler - Bass
Tomas Lindberg - Vocals
Jonas Stålhammar - Guitar
Martin Larsson - Guitar

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Du ATG quoi!
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

C'est clair ! Mais bon je prends :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils voient rouge :guitare:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un titre plus "progressif" et mélancolique :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: At the Gates - To Drink From The Night Itself

Message par Everflow »

Ils sortent 2 (?) EP :
After a highly successful touring run across North America together with BEHEMOTH and WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, Swedish melodic death metal pioneers AT THE GATES are not only starting a special short run of European dates today in Greece, but also announcing the release of two EPs for early January.

To enhance the beginning of their massive European tour with BEHEMOTH and WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, AT THE GATES will release both a strictly limited seven-inch EP titled "The Mirror Black" and a special digital EP titled "With The Pantheons Blind" on January 11, 2019.

The seven-inch EP features the two songs "The Mirror Black" and "Daggers Of Black Haze" off AT THE GATES' current album "To Drink From The Night Itself" in the versions that come with guest vocals by Rob Miller (AMEBIX, TAU CROSS).

"The Mirror Black" seven-inch EP track listing:

Side A: The Mirror Black (Featuring Rob Miller) (04:38)
Side B: Daggers Of Black Haze (Featuring Rob Miller) (04:47)

This collector's item is limited to 1,000 copies worldwide, as follows:

* Black seven-inch: 400x copies (CM Distro Europe wholesale & online shop)
* Golden seven-inch: 100x copies (CM Europe online shop)
* Clear seven-inch: 300x copies (CM Distro Europe Wholesale & Onlineshop)
* Transparent Red seven-inch: 200x copies (Exclusively from the band on tour)

The digital EP "With The Pantheons Blind" contains all six bonus tracks from "To Drink From The Night Itself" recording sessions, now available digitally for the first time: "Daggers Of Black Haze" and "The Mirror Black" featuring guest vocals by Rob Miller (AMEBIX, TAU CROSS); "The Chasm" featuring guest vocals by Per Boder (GOD MACABRE); "A Labyrinth Of Tombs" featuring guest vocals by Mikael Nox Pettersson (CRAFT); a demo version of "The Chasm" and a merciless re-recorded version of the early AT THE GATES classic "Raped By The Light Of Christ", originally featured on the band's sophomore album "With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness" from 1993.

"With The Pantheons Blind" digital EP track listing:

01. Daggers Of Black Haze (Featuring Rob Miller) (04:47)
02. The Chasm (Featuring Per Boder) (03:21)
03. A Labyrinth Of Tombs (Featuring Mikael Nox Pettersson) (03:32)
04. Raped By The Light Of Christ (2018) (02:57)
05. The Chasm (Demo Version) (03:21)
06. The Mirror Black (Featuring Rob Miller) (04:38)

The pre-order for this digital release starts o December 7.

AT THE GATES vocalist Tomas Lindberg checked in with the following comment about the seven-inch EP release: "The idea of getting guest vocalists on board for the bonus tracks for the album was us trying something new again... This time we wanted to get other artists involved in our music, getting their takes on our new songs. It was a pleasure working with everybody and all songs grew immensely in the process.

"The songs we did with Rob Miller was for me personally something extra. Of course, people who know me know that I am a massive AMEBIX fan. And I love the more recent stuff with TAU CROSS too.

"I had no idea what to expect. But the songs grew so goddamn much together with Rob's powerful voice.

"We decided early on that these versions were worthy of their own release. This is for me personally one of the greatest achievements of my career, to share the vocal space with one of my favorite vocalists of all time. I am so proud of this release. Hope everyone else gets as much joy out of it as I do."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore un clip pour cet album :

Répondre