Imonolith : ex-membres de Devin Townsend Project et Strapping Young Lad

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les potes de Devin Townsend dans ses précédents groupes mis au chômage se sont réunis dans une nouvelle formation. Seul le chanteur n'est pas de la "famille".
The new Canadian metal band featuring members of THREAT SIGNAL, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD has been christened IMONOLITH.

The group was launched following Devin Townsend's announcement that he has put the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT on indefinite hiatus while he works on other projects.

Joining drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen and guitarist Brian "Beav" Waddell (who played bass in DTP) are bassist Byron Stroud, second guitarist Jed Simon and vocalist Jon Howard.

Regarding how IMONOLITH was chosen as the moniker for the new band, Van Poederooyen said: "Jed Simon had a list of over 50 band names he thought of over the years. He sent them to all of us in the band. The word 'Monolith' was one of the band names. It caught my attention and I started playing with the word. At first, I thought of various names with words in front of, or after the word Monolith, then I thought of 'I Monolith.' But it didn't sound right, so I added the letter 'i' to the front of the word 'Monolith' and voilà… IMONOLITH was born. A brand new word used for a band name. The guys dug it when I brought it up to them. It sounds heavy and is easy to say. So we're sticking with it! It still somewhat carries the meaning of Monolith, which is a monumental, black stone of significance. Sounds metal enough for us!"

IMONOLITH (the first "i" is pronounced like the "i" in the word "impossible") is:

* Jon Howard (THREAT SIGNAL) - Vocals
* Jed Simon (VIMIC, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, SCAR THE MARTYR) - Guitar
* Brian "Beav" Waddell (DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT) - Guitar
* Byron Stroud (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) - Bass
* Ryan Van Poederooyen (DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT) - Drums
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Extrait mouais...