Obscura - Diluvium

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

4ème album des allemands :
Germany's progressive death metal masters OBSCURA complete their long-running, four-album conceptual circle with the release of "Diluvium" (defined as a great oceanic flood), their most evocative, diverse and vibrant release to date. The effort is due out July 13 on CD, LP and digital via Relapse Records.

The official video for the "Diluvium" title track can be seen below. The clip was directed by Mirko Witzki (KREATOR, BLIND GUARDIAN, CALIBAN) and further explores the album's celestial themes.

The band commented: "With the title track of our new album, we present you one of the most fast forward and brutal compositions 'Diluvium' has to offer.

"The music video created by German cinematographer Mirko Witzki shows the first part of a connected story relating to the band's long-running four-album cycle."

Recorded with longtime producer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, PESTILENCE) at Woodshed Studios in Landshut, Germany, "Diluvium" is a stunning achievement for the illustrious quartet and a landmark release for progressive metal as a whole. Complete with all the band's signature elements plus groundbreaking polyrhythms, dramatic songwriting, and jaw-dropping virtuosity, "Diluvium" will go down in the annals of metal history as one of the most astonishing performances the genre has to offer.

"Diluvium" track listing:

01. Clandestine Stars
02. Emergent Evolution
03. Diluvium
04. Mortification of the Vulgar Sun
05. Ethereal Skies
06. Convergence
07. Ekpyrosis
08. The Seventh Aeon
09. The Conjuration
10. An Epilogue to Infinity
11. A Last Farewell (Bonus Track)

Album art credit: Orion Landau

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Artistique :up:
Même si influence Cynic.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:up:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout le groupe quitte le leader (pour former un nouveau groupe), et je crois que ce n'est pas la première fois que cela arrive :
Obscura has announced the departure of guitarist Rafael Trujillo, bassist Linus Klausenitzer, and drummer Sebastian Lanser. Klausenitzer joined the group in 2011; Trujillo and Lanser joined in 2014, after the band suffered its last mass-exodus.

Although the split appears to be amicable, i) it’s always antennae-raising when multiple (let alone every) member of a band quits at the same time, and ii) the three are launching a new project together, with the very Obscura-esque name “Obsidious.” So it’s hard not to theorize that the trio wanted to make more creative contributions to Obscura, and that the band’s founder and mastermind, Steffen Kummerer, wasn’t having it. Which is his prerogative — Obscura has been his baby for almost twenty years. Still, it’s understandable why the three felt the need to move on.

Here’s the official statement from the band:

“German progressive titans Obscura announce guitarist Rafael Trujillo, bassist Linus Klausenitzer and drummer Sebastian Lanser parting ways with the band due to musical differences and move on with their new group, named ‘Obsidious.’

“‘Firstly, I would like to thank our former members Rafael Trujillo, Linus Klausenitzer and Sebastian Lanser for their dedication during the last years. Now, 2020, a new chapter for OBSCURA begins with entering Woodshed Studios this Summer to produce our sixth full-length record, and the first album for our new label Nuclear Blast. The new lineup will be revealed shortly.’ – Steffen Kummerer

“‘I’m really thankful for the amazing experiences I have made over the last couple of years and all people who have supported me on that path. Leaving something behind opens new opportunities.’ – Rafael Trujillo

“‘No one except Steffen has been in the band longer than I have, so you can imagine that this was not an easy decision for me. However, for us, this is the beginning of a musical journey that I’m sure you will enjoy.’ – Linus Klausenitzer

“‘Time has come for me to move on and pursue new musical adventures. A big ‘Thank You’ to all our fans around the world for the amazing support – You Rock! I am sure we will meet again at some point in the future.’ – Sebastian Lanser

“The three former members like to thank Steffen Kummerer, crew, business partners and especially all loyal fans all over the world.”
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Oui il me semble aussi... il ne doit pas être facile le bonhomme...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du coup ce sont les anciens membres qui remplacent... leurs propres remplaçants. :D
Meet the new Obscura, same as the old Obscura.

As you likely recall, last month, bassist Linus Klausenitzer, guitarist Rafael Trujillo, and drummer Sebastian Lanser all left Obscura at once to start their own project, Obsidious. It has since been announced that Klausenitzer would be replaced by the guy he replaced, Jeroen Paul Thesseling, while David Diepold would be occupying the position left by Lanser.

Now the band has completed its latest line-up with guitarist Christian Münzner… who, like Thesseling, is replacing his own replacement.

In other words, save for drummer Hannes Grossmann, the version of Obscura that made Cosmogenesis (2009) and Omnivium (2011) has now been reunited.
Répondre