Michael Romeo (Symphony X)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

mascotlabelgroup a écrit :Official lyric video for Black from Michael Romeo's first official solo release 'War Of The Worlds / Pt. 1' which is due to be released on July 29th 2018.
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Michael Romeo (Symphony X) - War of the Worlds / Pt.1

Message par Achille »

Hm j'aurais préféré du Symphony X :/
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En remplaçant le chanteur par Allen, on n'en serait pas très loin.

En tout cas dans le baratin promo ça a l'air ambitieux, ce qui est presque gênant quand on sait le manque d'activité de Symphony X :
Internationally acclaimed guitar hero Michael Romeo has announced the release of his solo album, "War Of The Worlds / Pt. 1", on July 27 via Music Theories Recordings / Mascot Label Group.

The wildly ambitious 10-song disc sees the founder, chief songwriter and prime mover of the progressive titans SYMPHONY X furthering his reputation as one of the world's preeminent axe slingers and composers of adventurous, multi-faceted orchestral metal.

"It's me putting all the things I love about music in a blender," says Romeo. "Somebody might listen to it and say, ‘What is this guy thinking?' But it's all about being creative and having a good time with it."

No doubt there will rapturous responses from Romeo's longtime fans. While "War Of The Worlds / Pt. 1" brims with the kind of thrill-seeking guitar chops that have placed the Garden State shredder in numerous "all-time greats" lists, it also offers some unconventional twists: Along with classic metal textures, Romeo pays homage to film score giants Bernard Hermann and John Williams, and there's even some surprising EDM/dubstep elements guaranteed to turn heads — all of which makes for an enthralling and immersive journey.

Recalling the forbidding tone of the notorious H.G. Wells novel that inspired its name, Romeo casts the lead track, "Introduction", as a precursor for what is to follow. The dark, symphonic instrumental (equal parts Bernard Herman and Gustav Holst) gives way to the pummeling metal double-header of "Fear The Unknown" and "Black", on which Romeo's rifftastic twists and turns are ably assisted by Rick Castellano's soaring vocals.

A startling change-up occurs with "F*cking Robots", a striking mash-up of digital blurps, bleeps, DJ-like scratches and ace guitar madness. "My fans might think I've lost my mind on this one," the axeman jokes. But just as quickly, he floors the six-string goodness on "Djinn", an epic, theatrical rock roller coaster on which the rhythm section of John "JD" DeServio (bass) and John Macaluso (drums) provide a muscular backdrop for the guitarist's elastic soloing and Castellano's full-throated vocal chops.

The lush balladry of "Believe" is a big-hearted respite from the shards of molten metal, but Romeo whips out the doomsday riffage on "Differences" and "Oblivion", both chock full of widescreen hooks and synapse-altering solos.

Closing out the set is the cinematic musical odyssey "Constellations", which sees guitars and keyboards majestically taking flight into a kind of heretofore unseen otherworld. "That one probably took the longest to create of all the songs on the record," Romeo recalls. "It wasn't just the recording — it was the writing and scoring. I had to break out the pencil and paper on that one. But I couldn't be happier with the results. It really ends the album on a powerful note."

Romeo recorded the bulk of "War Of The Worlds / Pt. 1" over a year-and-a-half period in the comfort of his home studio (nicknamed "the Dungeon" by his wife) in Hazlet, New Jersey. The project gave him the perfect opportunity to work with the rising Long Island star Castellano, a singer he's had his eye on for some time, as well as fellow Jerseyans Macaluso and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY member DeServio. "JD and I went to high school together," Romeo notes. "We always wanted to do something together, so this was the perfect opportunity. The planets finally aligned, and we were able to work together. It was great to have him play on it."

SYMPHONY X fans have been waiting two decades for an honest to goodness Michael Romeo solo album (not counting his 1994 demo recording, "The Dark Chapter", which was released in several countries), and the arrival of "War Of The Worlds / Pt. 1" will be no doubt be cause for celebration. And the guitarist promises a sequel. "Most of Part II is already finished," he says, "It just needs a few vocals, a couple solos, a few tweaks here and there. I want people to absorb the first one for a while, and then we'll put out the second record. They'll complement each other, but they'll also be a bit different."

Track listing:

01. Introduction
02. Fear Of The Unknown
03. Black
04. F*cking Robotos
05. Djinn
06. Believe
07. Difference
08. War Machine
09. Oblivion
10. Constellations
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Chutes de studio des derniers SX? :)
Quelques différences, certes, mais tout de même...

hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Je trouve cet album solo vraiment excellent du coup je vais me remettre du Symphony X, ya quelque chose que j'ai du rater dans leur disco.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite, avec Dino Jelusick au chant.
Premier extrait bien carton.
SYMPHONY X guitarist Michael Romeo will release his new solo album, "War Of The Worlds Pt. 2", on March 25 via InsideOut Music. The record features guest vocals by Dino Jelusick (WHITESNAKE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA). The official music video for the LP's first single, "Divide & Conquer", can be seen below.

Romeo comments: "I'm really excited to finally release the new solo album, 'War Of The Worlds Pt. 2'. After many delays, lockdowns, new variants, etc... ha! It looks like things are getting back on track. I'm hoping this new music will put some smiles on some faces in these uncertain times. My best wishes to everyone for 2022!"

Director Wayne Joyner on making the video: "Working on videos for Michael Romeo is such an amazing privilege and pleasure. I still feel like that 16-year-old kid jamming out to his shredding. Now I get work with a hero. How cool is that!! Total honor in every sense of the word!"

Track listing:

01. Introduction - Part II (2:37)
02. Divide & Conquer (4:46)
03. Destroyer (5:34)
04. Metamorphosis (5:53)
05. Mothership (2:23)
06. Just Before the Dawn (5:01)
07. Hybrids (6:14)
08. Hunted (4:32)
09. Maschinenmensch (9:03)
10. Parasite (4:33)
11. Brave New World (Outro) (3:36)

Bonus tracks:

12. The Perfect Weapon (7:41)
13. Alien DeathRay (4:31)

In his groundbreaking work with SYMPHONY X, Romeo established himself as one of heavy metals most exciting maverick guitarists. Influenced by the likes of axe gods Randy Rhoads, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dimebag Darrell and Uli Jon Roth, he's also steeped in the works of Beethoven, Ravel and Stravinsky. But there's yet another side to the New Jersey axe wizard and composer, one who's enamored of film score giants such as Bernard Herrmann, John Williams, Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer. Romeo put it all in a Cuisinart for his first musical homage to H.G. Wells, and with "War Of The Worlds Pt. 2", he's flipped the switch to infinity and beyond.

"The title feels a little more prophetic than usual," he says, "just by taking a look around at what's going on in the world. For the most part, there's a strong sci-fi element to the album, but on a few songs I'm kind of like, 'Maybe the aliens can just sit this one out while we fight among ourselves…ha.'"

For "War Of The Worlds Pt. 2", Romeo welcomes a couple of returning players — drummer John Macaluso and bassist John "JD" DeServio — but the album marks the first time he worked with Croatian singer Dino Jelusick.

"I go way back with John and JD, so they were the obvious choices, but this time I wanted to try something different with the vocals," Romeo says. "Dino came highly recommended, and he totally nailed it! He really brought an exciting element to the music."

Summing up the album, Romeo says: "It takes the first record deeper into the journey. It's H.G. Wells with modern-day sci-fi, and there's a lot of super-heavy cinematic music and, obviously, lots of guitars. Put it on and forget where you are. Let's go somewhere else. The real world will still be here."

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Ah cool, le premier album était très bien! :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »