Nocturnus AD (death metal progressif / US)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour les fans de Nocturnus et de death metal SF/spatial, c'est bien sûr la suite logique, par Mike Browning (Morbid Angel).
Nocturnus AD have some exciting news to share! Formed from the ashes of Nocturnus by death metal legend Mike Browning (Morbid Angel co-founder/Incubus/After Death), Nocturnus AD are currently putting the finishing touches on the writing of their debut LP which will be a direct continuation of where Nocturnus' landmark album The Key, "one of the most forward-thinking and revolutionary death metal releases of all time," left off 28 years ago.

While the Nocturnus AD debut LP is still a little ways off until it unleashes itself, the band will begin basic preliminary tracking this July with Jarrett Pritchard in Tampa, Florida. In the meantime, if you haven't come across it yet, the band have posted a demo of a new track a little while back called "Aeon Of The Ancient Ones" that will appear on the debut full-length.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Nocturnus AD (death metal progressif / US)

Message par Everflow »

NOCTURNUS AD will release its debut album, "Paradox", on May 24 via Profound Lore Records.

Resurrected from the ashes of influential death metal band NOCTURNUS, NOCTURNUS AD was initiated by founding mastermind/death metal legend Mike Browning (also co-founder of MORBID ANGEL). His intention? To continue the path laid down 28 years earlier, by the legendary Florida death metal band's seminal 1990 full-length "The Key", an album recognized as one of the most important death metal albums of all time.

NOCTURNUS AD's "Paradox" is the direct and proper follow-up to "The Key", both musically and thematically where the story and themes vocalist/drummer Browning initially laid out continue through the lens of the occult. "Paradox"'s story follows the journey of Dr. Allen William Magus (a.k.a. Dr. Magus), a scientist ravaged by a war plague disease and kept alive by creating a bio suit; the aftermath of the events revealed on "The Key".

On a musical plane, "Paradox"'s atmospheric, technical, and dark occult death metal blueprint harnesses the energy of "The Key" and the overall death metal vibe of the early '90s in the same forward-thinking way that NOCTURNUS exhibited. Indeed, "Paradox" is true sci-fi death metal reclaiming its throne.

With Browning commanding the craft alongside guitarists Demian Heftel and Belial Koblak, bassist Daniel Tucker (ex-OBITUARY), and keyboardist Josh Holdren — a lineup that also forms Browning's other band, AFTER DEATH — the NOCTURNUS legacy marches on.

"Paradox" was produced by Jarrett Pritchard (GOATWHORE, 1349, GRUESOME, WOLVHAMMER) at New Constellation Studios and features artwork by Timbul Cahyono (PYREXIA, AVULSED, TERRORIZER). Boasting the blazing and fervent guitar work agilities of Heftel and Koblak and some of the most carefully-orchestrated keyboard sounds of any NOCTURNUS-related release to date, all punctuated by Browning's distinctly devouring vocal incantations, the classic sound of "The Key" is here wholly revived.

In advance of the release of "Paradox", NOCTURNUS AD unleashes first single, "Precession Of The Equinoxes", for communal feasting. Notes Browning: "I think 'Paradox' is a great successor to 'The Key'. I didn't want to try and compete with what I did on that record or try and recreate it. I wanted to continue with the ideas and themes I never got to do back then.

"'Precession Of The Equinoxes' is a brand new song that talks about the shifting of the magnetic poles of Earth. And, in fact, right now the magnetic poles are shifting faster than ever; it has been in the news just in the last couple of months. It happens in 26,000-year cycles, so we humans have never experienced a pole shift to where its effects were recorded. It could be a huge, disastrous occurrence when they shift completely."

"Paradox" will be issued on CD, LP, cassette, and digital formats.

Track listing:

01. Seizing The Throne
02. The Bandar Sign
03. Paleolithic
04. Precession Of The Equinoxes
05. The Antechamber
06. The Return Of The Lost Key
07. Apotheosis
08. Aeon Of The Ancient Ones
09. Number 9

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Bien dans l esprit de The Key a quand une tournée commune avec Vektor.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du techno thrash/death comme on l'aime :bang:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single : réenregistrement costaud de leur toute première chanson de 1987.

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Toujours du haut niveau .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois voici le nouvel album.
On reconnait bien leur patte dans le clip Lovecraftien. Mais ce n'est pas aussi catchy que le "classique" ci-dessus.
With “Paradox”, Nocturnus founder/sci-fi death metal godfather Mike Browning would resurrect Nocturnus lore under its new alteration NOCTURNUS AD which gave Browning the opportunity to continue the mythos that came before with the legendary album “The Key”, almost 30 years after the release of one of the most influential death metal albums of all time.
“Unicursal” sees Browning, along with guitarists Belial Koblak and Demian Heftel, keyboardist Josh Holdren, and new bassist Kyle Sokol (bass on “Unicursal” was performed by now-ex bassist Daniel Tucker), continue the journey of Dr. Magus following the events of “The Key” and “Paradox” (documented in the album’s second half). A towering aeonic manifestation of extraordinary sci-fi otherworldly death metal forging itself through time and space.
“Unicursal” was produced/engineered/mastered by Jarrett Pritchard at New Constellation Audio and features front and back cover artwork by Uwe Jarling with design by Chimere Noire. “CephaloGod” video done by Wizardhead.
1. Intro
2. The Ascension Throne of Osiris
3. CephaloGod
4. Mesolithic
5. Organism 46B
6. Mission Malkuth
7. Yesod, The Dark Side of the Moon
8. Hod, The Stellar Light
9. Netzach, The Fire of Victory
10. Outro