The Skull (ex-membres de Trouble)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Eric Wagner (chant) et Jeff Olson (batterie) ont fondé un nouveau groupe avec pour patronyme le nom d'un album de Trouble.

Pas difficile de deviner le style du groupe. :mad:
Two original members of Chicago doom legends TROUBLE — vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson — have joined forces with the band's longtime bassist Ron Holzner in a new heavy rock/doom metal act called THE SKULL. According to a statement on the band's Facebook page, "THE SKULL is here to do one thing... rock you with the sounds and spirit of TROUBLE — past, present, future. Tour coming soon..."

Wagner, Olson and original TROUBLE bassist Sean McAllister shared the stage for the first time since 1986 during Olson's RETRO GRAVE set on June 18, 2011 at the Days Of The Doomed Fest in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Video footage of Wagner, Olson and McAllister performing the song "Victim Of The Insane", which was written by Olson for TROUBLE's full-length debut "Psalm 9" (1984), can be viewed below.

TROUBLE formed in 1979 and released several classic albums like "Trouble", "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head".

Eric was one of the guest singers on Dave Grohl's (NIRVANA, FOO FIGHTERS) heavy metal side project PROBOT, whose 2004 album featured heavy metal vocalists from the '80s and '90s. Wagner also makes a guest appearance in the forthcoming horror film "Jezebeth" (written and directed by Damien Dante of Satania 6 Films), to be released on Blu-ray in early 2012.

Eric Wagner left TROUBLE in April 2008, citing his disdain for the touring life as the main reason for his departure.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Cool, hâte de voir ça! :cheers:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On se retrouve un peu dans une situation à la LA Guns, et Olson avoue qu'il aimerait une reformation de Trouble au final...
Two original members of Chicago doom legends TROUBLE — vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson — have joined forces with the band's longtime bassist Ron Holzner in a new heavy rock/doom metal act called THE SKULL.

When asked why they decided now was the right time for THE SKULL to come together, Ron told Metal Kaoz, "The 'TROUBLE aam' set at last year's Days Of The Doomed Fest [in Kenosha, Wisconsin] was the catalyst for this whole thing. Eric and Oly hadn't had the chance to talk much before [Days Of The Doomed Fest], and then when I got there the next day and we all got to hang out and talk... it was really nice! Playing 'End Of My Daze' with the whole fucking crowd singing... that's what it's all about! We all looked at each other on stage and simply went, 'Wow!'"

He added, "All of us have our [respective] bands that are doing well, but the fans really want to hear the old [TROUBLE] songs the way they're meant to be heard.

"After the [Days Of The Doomed] fest, Eric basically said to me, 'Let's start a band!', and after that night the three of us thought, 'That would be cool.' We want to give the fans to the best of our ability what they deserve. When people speak loud enough, you hear it. Well, we hear it! We're doing this because we want to, and because the fans want us to. It's all about the fans. The fans spoke out, and the fans have been heard.

"The thing is, we can't just sit back and not listen to the fans. We want to go out and have fun and play the old songs. We don't have to go out and do this because we all have our own bands that are doing well with records coming out. We're doing this because we want to, and because the fans want us to."

Olson was equally enthusastic about the formation of THE SKULL, telling Metal Kaos in an e-mail, "[I'm] excited to jam some TROUBLE again! was a little worried there would be some drama with the fans, like with the two L.A. GUNS bands performing the same material, but there is nothing I want more than a reunion with all TROUBLE members. For now, this will do."
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

un peu flou tout ça...
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Father_Picard
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par Father_Picard »

:up: Je dirais même que la situation est pour le moins troublante.
Mr. Gig a écrit :Toutes ces tensions m'ont déjà satisfait au-delà de mes espérances, et en étant banni j'aurai exactement ce que je cherchais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview où ils s'expliquent :

http://www.69facesofrock.com/skull_interview.html
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Olson se barre déjà, en attendant une reformation de Trouble comme il l'espère :
THE SKULL, the new band formed by the original member of Chicago doom
legends TROUBLE — vocalist Eric Wagner (also of BLACKFINGER) — alongside the band's longtime bassist Ron Holzner (also of EARTHEN GRAVE), and guitarists Lothar Keller and Michael Carpenter of the Chicago, Illinois-based progressive power metal band SACRED DAWN, has recruited drummer Brad "Sabbath" Sabathne (ex-SACRED DAWN, DAVID SHANKLE GROUP) to sit behind the kit for the following shows:

June 15 - Dark Star 15th Anniversary - Elgin, IL (@ Tilted Kilt)
June 16 - Days of The Doomed Festival - Cudahy, WI (@ The Blue Pig Bar & Venue)
July 14 - Alehorn Of Power Fest - Chicago, IL (@ Reggies Rock Club)
July 21 - Hells Pleasure Festival - Pößneck, Germany (@ Motocross Area)

Drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson recently quit THE SKULL, explaining in a statement, "Upon much thought, and effective immediately, I will not be participating with THE SKULL. I've decided to wait for a real TROUBLE reunion with original members or not play TROUBLE's music at all. I can not comment further at this time. My apologies to those who have been disappointed."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un an plus tard, Olson revient dans le groupe :
Drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson has rejoined THE SKULL, the band he formed with fellow original member of Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE, vocalist Eric Wagner, and the band's longtime bassist, Ron Holzner.

Olson states: "I know that I've mentioned that I wouldn't perform TROUBLE's music anymore unless it's with the other original members, but I've had a change of heart. I want to rock again.

"Although I have been having a great time playing keys for IN-GRAVED (led by former PENTAGRAM guitarist Victor Griffin), I miss the drums and playing classic TROUBLE songs. I'm still going to jam with Victor, but there is room for THE SKULL too."

He adds: "In just a few short months, 2014 will mark the 30th anniversary year for TROUBLE's debut record, 'Psalm 9'. TROUBLE guitarists Rick Wartell and Bruce Franklin are having fun with their new record, and I had fun writing some intros for it. It's just that Eric, Ron, and myself want to jam too and celebrate our 30th anniversary as well with a tour and a new record. We've worked just as hard as Bruce and Rick over the years and we feel that we've earned the privilege to celebrate with the fans as well. There is no animosity between the two bands and we intend to keep it that way."

"We are currently writing a debut record, set for release in 2014 and I've already submitted several songs to the guys. Excitement is in the air."
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

1 single sort le 08 avril avec un nouveau titre et une reprise de Trouble :
There’s no “trouble” for THE SKULL - the heavy doom-rock band featuring original TROUBLE members vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff “Oly” Olson, longtime former Trouble bassist Ron Holzner and newly recruited former Trouble bassist Chuck Robinson, now on dueling guitar, alongside SACRED DAWN guitarist Lothar Keller - as they will unleash their two new singles recorded with producer/engineer Billy Anderson (MELVINS, NEUROSIS) worldwide on Tuesday, April 8th via Tee Pee Records.

The "limited edition" white vinyl replica CD featuring 'Sometime Yesterday Mourning' (side A) and 'The Last Judgment' (side B) is now available for pre-order at Tee Pee Records. Downloads of the singles will be available at your favorite digital retailer on April 8th.

In other news, The Skull’s worldwide debut of 'Sometime Yesterday Mourning' and 'The Last Judgment' will premiere exclusively on drummer and keyboardist Jeff “Oly” Olson’s podcast, Heady Metal With Jeff Olson, via InThePitRadio.com on Friday, April 4th from 7 - 9 PM EST. Olson will be live on-air and field reporting from The Skull’s listening party that evening at the Ragnarokk Metal Apocalypse Fest in Chicago located at Reggies Rock Club where fans can purchase the CD. Olson, along with vocalist Eric Wagner, bassist Ron Holzner, guitarist Chuck Robinson, and guitarist Lothar Keller, will all be available to personally sign the limited edition white vinyl replica CD.

'Sometime Yesterday Mourning' is a doomy metal song written by Keller, Holzner and Wagner that showcases the genre pioneers' distinct style while 'The Last Judgment' is a "revisiting" of the classic Trouble song of the same name that originally appeared on the classic 1983 Metal Massacre IV compilation album.

"I think 'Sometime Yesterday Mourning' is the perfect song for The Skull to lead with and there's a reason why it was the first song we completed as a band," commented Wagner. "It's about coming to a point in life when it's just time for a new beginning, a fresh start if you will, and finally coming to terms with the past.

"Being that it is the 30th anniversary of the release of the song 'The Last Judgment' — the first song we ever released — we thought it fit perfectly for the B-side and considering what 'Sometime Yesterday Mourning' is about, it made sense to me. You have to go through your past to get to your future."

Drummer and keyboardist Jeff “Oly” Olson on Chuck Robinson’s addition to the band: “We are excited and honored that Chuck Robinson has accepted our invitation to join the band. He is the perfect fit for The Skull.”

“I’ve always enjoyed rehearsing with Chuck as he is disciplined with his art. He’ll surely bring a bonus to the band with his experience as a former Trouble member and as a seasoned musician who utilizes both his talented song writing ability and his exceptional recording skills. We are looking forward to tour with our brother again.”

Olson added, “Chuck is more then a bass player. He grew up playing guitar with his father, also a very talented guitarist. Eric, Ron, Lothar, and myself know that Chuck is more than capable for the job. He’ll bring chops with a heavy groove to our debut album, as well as bring his charisma to the stage.”
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Les 2 titres du message du dessus en écoute :

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2014/04/0 ... ng-stream/

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ils changent de guitariste et intègre un musicien qui a fait quelques mois récemment dans Pentagram :
THE SKULL - the heavy doom-rock band featuring original TROUBLE members vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff “Oly” Olson, longtime former Trouble bassist Ron Holzner, and SACRED DAWN guitarist Lothar Keller - have added former PENTAGRAM guitarist Matt Goldsborough to the group's ranks. He will be taking over for the departing Chuck Robinson, who has decided to step down due to his demanding professional career and, therefore, cannot commit to the The Skull's upcoming tour dates.

Pierre Desproges
heavydevy02
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par heavydevy02 »

Je les trouve bien convaincants ces titres, vivement écouter le reste ! La voix de Wagner est bien conservée, ça riffe bien, et on retrouve l'ambiance et le style de Trouble époque album éponyme. Il y a moyen que l'album tue, j'y crois :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip c'est pas mal du tout !
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Bien conservée la voix de Wagner ??!?

S'il est bien un chanteur qui a beaucoup perdu à force de fumer comme un pompier c'est bien lui.
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il ne pousse plus comme avant sur ces titres, ça c'est sûr...
heavydevy02
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par heavydevy02 »

Monster a écrit :Bien conservée la voix de Wagner ??!?

S'il est bien un chanteur qui a beaucoup perdu à force de fumer comme un pompier c'est bien lui.
En tout cas, j'aime sa voix sur ces deux titres, c'est ça qu'il faut retenir :)
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Mais au fait pourquoi il a quitté Trouble si c'est pour faire le même genre de musique à côté ?
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voici plus d'informations sur l'album, il s'intitule "For Those Which Are Asleep", et sortira le 04 novembre chez Tee Pee Records.

Sa pochette :

et la tracklist : 1. Trapped Inside My Mind - 2. The Touch of Reality - 3. Sick of It All - 4. The Door - 5. Send Judas Down - 6. A New Generation - 7. Till the Sun Turns Black - 8. For Those Which Are Asleep - 9. Sometime Yesterday Mourning - 10. The Last Judgment

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

hâte de découvrir cet album...... :)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voici le premier extrait :

'Till The Sun Turns Black'

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

:rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

'The Touch of Reality' en écoute : http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2014/10/2 ... re-asleep/

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

En écoute intégrale à présent, c'est vraiment bon :

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... isual=true

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

:amour:
Répondre