Death by Metal : documentaire sur DEATH et Chuck Schuldiner

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Documentaire officiel approuvé par la famille de Chuck.
"Death By Metal", the definitive documentary on DEATH frontman Chuck Schuldiner, will receive its long-awaited DVD release on July 6 via MVD Visual. A trailer for the film is available below.

Featuring exclusive interviews, rare footage and demos, "Death By Metal" is the first film of its kind to tribute Schuldiner's unparalleled rôle in the evolution of heavy metal. It was written and directed by Canadian filmmaker Felipe Belalcazar.

The documentary takes a thorough look at the history of metal and Schuldiner's life's work as a musician. What was unique about Schuldiner is that he never took himself or the genre too seriously. He bravely pushed the envelope and couldn't care less about what textbook metal was supposed to be like.

Although the documentary mainly focuses on DEATH and Schuldiner, it is also a compact information package about the early stages of death metal and how it evolved into its current shape. International cassette tape swapping, dedication and the will to develop as musicians are the key factors for the existence of this infernally fast-paced dark music.

Asked what it was about Chuck's story that he found so compelling, Belalcazar told Decibel: "I identified with him. As a freelancer, you might identify with being close to work and being passionate about what you do. He seemed like someone who was passionate about his work. Another thing I wanted to show in this movie: Chuck was a regular dude. If you go DEATH's Facebook page, the image that many fans have of Chuck and DEATH is often misinformed. Chuck was also an amazing family man — that came up in so many interviews."

Belalcazar added that "Death By Metal" is "an official documentary approved by the family. I did more than 22 interviews; not even all of them can be in the documentary," he said. "I'm told we did the first interview on film with his mom. She told us everything — from the first day he got a guitar to when he passed away. It was one of the hardest interviews I've ever done. We interviewed his nephew, his sister, Chris Reifert [DEATH, AUTOPSY] and two to three members from each lineup, including the CONTROL DENIED records. We also interviewed [producer] Jim Morris."

Schuldiner's life and career was tragically cut short by cancer in 2001.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

Mais sera t-il sous-titré en français ? Je croise les doigts !
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Hail Chuck :bang: :bow: :bang: :bow: :bang: :bow:
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

Si quelqu'un l'achète du coup je veux bien savoir s'il est sous-titré, j'ai vu qu'il est disponible sur EMP (mais cher, 22 boules !!!).
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Spiritualllllllllllllllll hhhhhealiiiiiiing :bang: :bang: :bang: merci pour toute cette musique maire Chuck :bow: :bow: :bow:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Maitre pardon
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Il était pas déjà disponible depuis un bail ? Dispo mais non approuvé par la famille c'est ça ? Il me semble avoir lu une chronique dessus sur Thrashocore.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Death by Metal : documentaire sur DEATH et Chuck Schuldiner

Message par Denis »

Metal Witchcraft a écrit :
27 juil. 2018, 11:33
Si quelqu'un l'achète du coup je veux bien savoir s'il est sous-titré, j'ai vu qu'il est disponible sur EMP (mais cher, 22 boules !!!).
Celui que j'ai vu a des sous-titres en anglais.
Prochains concerts:
Répondre