Voivod - The Wake

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en septembre.
Celebrating their 35th anniversary this year, Canadian progressive sci-fi metal innovators VOIVOD will release their new studio album, "The Wake", on September 21 for via Century Media Records. The highly anticipated follow-up to 2013's "Target Earth" album as well as the 2016 mini-album "Post Society" was recorded and mixed by Francis Perron at RadicArt Recording Studio in Canada. The album's artwork was once again created by VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin and can be seen below.

VOIVOD guitarist Daniel "Chewy" Mongrain checked in with the following comment: "It is with great enthusiasm and pride that we will soon share with you the fruit of two years of labor in the form of an intricate, intense and colorful journey with our new album 'The Wake', expanding the boundaries of VOIVOD's multiverse!"

"The Wake" track listing:

01. Obsolete Beings
02. The End Of Dormancy
03. Orb Confusion
04. Iconspiracy
05. Spherical Perspective
06. Event Horizon
07. Always Moving
08. Sonic Mycelium

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Punaise c'est bien barré. :) Avec des cuivres inattendus et torturés.
Toujours un groupe innovant.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Il n'y a pas que les cuivres qui sont torturés. :D Je n'accrochais pas au début du titre, c'est venu très progressivement. Clip bien dans l'air du temps. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Voivod - The Wake

Message par Everflow »

Un album live dans la foulée.
L'extrait vaut le détour, sortez les champignons.
Canadian progressive sci-fi metal innovators, Voivod, return with a much overdue new live release. Entitled Lost Machine - Live, the album was recorded in Québec City during the worldwide touring cycle for the band’s latest studio album The Wake, and will be released on November 27 worldwide via Century Media Records.

Lost Machine - Live consist of 13 tracks across 74 packed minutes of playing time by one of the best live-acts in this day and age. The title will be available as limited CD with O-Card packaging (in its first European pressing), as Digital Album and as Gatefold 2LP on 180g vinyl in the following variations and limitations:

- Black vinyl: Unlimited
- Sky Blue vinyl: 100x copies via CM Webshop Europe
- Transparent Magenta vinyl: 200x copies via CM Distro Europe
- Creamy White vinyl: 200x copies via Nuclear Blast
- Deep Blood Red vinyl: 200x copies via Band
- Neon Green vinyl: 200x copies via Band

Lost Machine - Live can be pre-ordered in its various editions here.

Post Society
Psychic Vacuum
Obsolete Beings
The Prow
Iconspiracy
Into My Hypercube
The End Of Dormancy
Overreaction
Always Moving
Fall
The Lost Machine
Astronomy Domine
Voivod

In order to launch the live release’s pre-order, you can check out a first single/video for the track “The Lost Machine” below. The clip features audio recorded in Québec City (07/13/2019), video filmed in Montréal (06/30/2019) and material processed in Morgöth (2020). The video was directed and produced by Felipe Belalcazar / Mental Pictures.

Voivod’s drummer Michel “Away” Langevin checked in with the following comment about it: “Here it is at last, the first single and video from our upcoming release Lost Machine - Live. The footage used in this clip comes from a hometown show in Montreal in the summer of 2019, and the audio is from a show in Québec City 2 weeks later, where we recorded the entire live album. We were obviously excited to play in our province of Québec , in front of families and friends, as documented in this rendition of the song ‘The Lost Machine’. The video is directed by Felipe Belalcazar, who is also working on a Voivod documentary. I did the art on the road across the globe last year, and it was animated by Jaan Silmberg. More to come soon, enjoy!"
http://bravewords.com/medias-static/ima ... d1020.jpeg

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality