Venom - Storm the Gates

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Venom sortira son prochain opus «Storm the Gates» via Spinefarm Records le 14 décembre. Le skeud comprend les trois titres de l'ep «100 Miles to Hell» lâché en 2017, dont un est en écoute plus bas.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Black metal pioneers VENOM will release their 15th full-length studio album, "Storm The Gates", on December 14 through Spinefarm Records. The follow-up to 2015's "From The Very Depths" will be made available on CD and digital formats, with vinyl and cassette versions to arrive in early 2019.

Frontman Conrad "Cronos" Lant commented: "Get ready for another killer album, packed full of awesome riffs and screaming mayhem.

"We've been hard at work for over two years to make sure this new release raises the bar, to deliver a demonic mix of old and new.

"Get ready to lay down your souls, legions!"

"Storm The Gates" track listing:

01. Bring Out Your Dead
02. Notorious
03. I Dark Lord
04. 100 Miles To Hell
05. Dark Night (Of The Soul)
06. Beaten To A Pulp
07. Destroyer
08. The Mighty Have Fallen
09. Over My Dead Body
10. Suffering Dictates
11. We The Loud
12. Immortal
13. Storm The Gates

Last year, Cronos spoke to Metal Rules about the evolution of VENOM's songwriting. "The thing is we, as a band, we are evolving the black metal thing," he explained. 'Because, for me, it has to be exciting, it has to be new, it has to be dangerous. It has to stay in motion. It has to make me excited to do it. I couldn't just do the 'Welcome To Hell' night after night; it would be too boring. So, they know I like to be challenged. I need to create new shit, and I like to twist VENOM a lot and cut and pull it. I like to create an album that people kind of go, 'That wasn't expected.'

"For a band that's been going this long, if we're not going to continue to evolve, I think we're dead," he continued. "But you don't want to forget where you came from. [You want] to be able to play songs from back in the day, so that the people in the audience can hear them and hear the song that they love — played the way that it was played. I think it is special."

Cronos went on to say that his current VENOM bandmates — guitarist Rage, a.k.a. Stuart Dixon, and drummer Danté, a.k.a. Danny Needham — "have got two [VENOM] albums under the belt now [2011's 'Fallen Angels' and 'From the Very Depths'] that they can call their own. So, when they play their songs up on that stage, they can push and pull the bits they want, and they can play them in their style. But when we play the old songs, we kind of try to play them as near to the original we possibly can so, that the people in the audience hear a great version of the song rather than a changed version of the song. Because why change a great song?"

VENOM is not to be confused with VENOM INC., the band featuring original VENOM guitarist Jeff "Mantas" Dunn alongside ex-VENOM bassist/vocalist Tony "Demolition Man" Dolan.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

pas grand chose à retenir de celui là... pourtant je trouvais chaque fois du fun sur les précédents, mais là ils se sont bien chiés dessus...
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Répondre