Queensrÿche - The Verdict - nouvel album 03/2019

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

The Verdict, sortie le 1er mars 2019 sur Century Media.

1er extrait

Titres :
1. Blood of the Levant (3:27)
2. Man The Machine (3:50)
3. Light-years (4:09)
4. Inside Out (4:31)
5. Propaganda Fashion (3:36)
6. Dark Reverie (4:23)
7. Bent (5:59)
8. Inner Unrest (3:50)
9. Launder the Conscience (5:15)
10. Portrait (5:16)

Dispo en coffret avec un CD bonus :
CD 2:
1. I Dream in Infrared (Acoustic) (3:59) - exclusive studio track recorded in 2018
2. Open Road (Acoustic) (3:39) - exclusive studio track recorded in 2018
3. 46° North (3:33) - never released on CD, studio track recorded during "Condition Hüman" sessions
4. Mercury Rising (3:55) - never released on CD, studio track recorded during "Condition Hüman" sessions
5. Espiritu Muerto (3:40) - studio track recorded during "Condition Hüman" sessions
6. Queen of the Reich (Live 2012) (4:34)
7. En Force (Live 2012) (4:21)
8. Prophecy (Live 2012) (4:09)
9. Eyes Of A Stranger (Live 2012) (6:55) - previously only released in Japan
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

QUEENSRYCHE The Verdict - nouvel album 03/2019

Message par demes »

Excellent, ça donne envie ! :bang:
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

QUEENSRYCHE The Verdict - nouvel album 03/2019

Message par metalrunner »

C est cool que malgré tes nombreux errements musicaux que tu saches apprécier le bon heavy ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bien meilleur que n'importe quel titre du précédent album pour moi. :up:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Je vous trouve dur enemy of reality une bonne moitie est plus que correct même si je dois le reconnaître que le milieu de l album est poussif voir pénible.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Nouvel extrait.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Celui - là le fait aussi pour moi. :bang: Il a l'air prometteur cet album !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est le Queensrÿche que je ne croyais presque plus entendre un jour. :up:
Par contre on sent que ce n'est pas Scott Rockenfield qui joue sur la batterie sur l'album, son jeu est facilement identifiable / très personne, et là ce n'est pas le cas. Probablement Todd LaTorre.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Todd La Torre est devenu chanteur batteur sacrée performance :bow:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Le batteur c est sûrement Casey Grillo celui qui jouait avec eux en live.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

LaTorre était en fait batteur avant de devenir chanteur, sur le tard.

Sinon le groupe avait annoncé à un moment que Casey Grillo ne jouait pas sur l'album. Le plus logique serait donc que LaTorre tienne la batterie, même si ils refusent de confirmer quoi que ce soit depuis des mois.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

C'est pas mal... mais je trouve pas que ça sonne pas très Queensrÿche ça me rappelle plus les groupes scandinaves genre Avian ou Pagan's mind, enfin ce genre de truc... à voir
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Et scott il pouponne ou quoi?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment, oui.

Le groupe confirme que LaTorre a joué la batterie sur l'album :
QUEENSRŸCHE has confirmed that the drum tracks on the band's upcoming album, "The Verdict", were laid down by singer Todd La Torre.

For the past two years, original QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield has been taking time off from the group's touring activities to spend time with his young son, who was born in early 2017. Filling in for him has been former KAMELOT drummer Casey Grillo.

Asked by a fan on Facebook if Rockenfield's lack of involvement with "The Verdict" means that Grillo will handle the drumming duties for QUEENSRŸCHE in the studio going forward, the band responded: "We're just taking it one day at a time and trying not to look too far ahead. Things are always changing and we can't predict what the future will bring. Right now we're just concentrating on getting this album in the hands of our Rÿchers and touring."

La Torre, who has played drums since the age of 13, was asked in a 2013 interview if fans could ever expect to see a little change-up where he is back behind the kit and Rockenfield upfront singing. He responded: "That could be. Scott and I talk about doing something and they've never done that before. They've never been able to do that before. So, I think visually it would be something great for me. It would be awesome, because I love drumming, and miss drumming, in a live situation. And I know the material. So, we've talked about, maybe doing a really cool dual drumming thing. So it wouldn't be impossible to see me out there on a drum set sometime."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Queensrÿche - The Verdict - nouvel album 03/2019

Message par Everflow »

Il semble que Rockenfield ne reviendra peut-être jamais dans le groupe.
"I'm friends with Scott," Todd said during an appearance on "The MetalSucks Podcast" (hear audio below). "I toured with him for five years. I did two records with him. I'm very familiar and very aware of some of the things that he does — a lot of the things that he does. So I recorded the drums, and I decided to show more reservation than to overplay. There's a lot of things I would have done more, but I didn't want to try to show off more drumming and do things just because I knew that everyone would hear it, and what will they think of my drumming, so I need to show it off. I wanted to just write drum parts that make sense for the songs, play fills that are appropriate, show the dynamics with some hi-hat work and some of the cymbal work that Scott would do — the double china, the alternating between the ride and the hi-hat. Certain things that are just very unique to the sound of QUEENSRŸCHE on the drums. And some things I did that I know he would never play, but that was just me having a little fun with a few things. But otherwise, I really tried to maintain the integrity of what I think sounds appropriate for QUEENSRŸCHE. And I wanted to create memorable parts that people can learn. I didn't wanna make it complicated. I didn't wanna play a drum fill every time there's a space to fill it with drums. I thought that too many are overplaying these days, and some of my favorite songs don't have a lot of overplaying. I mean, 'Empire' and '[Operation:]Mindcrime', those are very deliberate drum parts. And everything on this record that was played was done with a purpose. And until you peel the layers back to the songs and see where the kick drum is placed in relation to the vocal, in relation to the guitar riff, only then would you really understand and probably appreciate the placement of where the drum parts are the way they are — where they went and why. So I'm sure I'll catch a lot of criticism for what I did, but I'll also hopefully catch some promising positive words for what I did. And all I can say is I did double duty on the record, and no one can fault me for putting in the hard work and showing up."

For the past 22 months, Rockenfield has been taking time off from QUEENSRŸCHE's touring activities to spend time with his young son, who was born in early 2017. Filling in for him has been former KAMELOT drummer Casey Grillo.

Todd, who has played drums since the age of 13, admitted that Rockenfield "may not [ever] come back" to QUEENSRŸCHE. "I don't know, 'cause I don't talk to him," he said.

The singer also addressed disapproval from some fans over the fact that QUEENSRŸCHE's current lineup only features guitarist Michael Wilton and bassist Eddie Jackson from the band's original incarnation.

"Some people go, 'Oh, they're only down to two [original] members right now.' Well, so what?" Todd said. "We wish that Scott would have come back earlier. But ALICE IN CHAINS has two [original] members. ACCEPT has one member. JUDAS PRIEST has two members. FATES WARNING has one member. There's a lot of bands still putting out really great music that are kicking ass. It's not about one person. It's not about me. It's not about Michael or Scott or anybody else; it's about the collective. I think that this record shows that the strength lies in all of us participating and pulling all of our creative elements to share with each other."

He continued: "If people say, 'Well, what is QUEENSRŸCHE gonna sound like without Scott?' 'The Verdict' is exactly what QUEENSRŸCHE sounds like without his participation at all. However, Scott is a great songwriter; he's a cool guy; he's a great drummer; he has a lot of great ideas. That being said, this record, in my opinion, is better than some records that had the entire original lineup in the band. This is a way better record — in my opinion — than '[Operation:]Mindcrime II' or 'Dedicated To Chaos' that had outside writers. So, I think that there's a little too much emphasis placed on having this all-original thing. I mean, yeah, we still have two very important, crucial, original founding members of this band playing in QUEENSRŸCHE."

Todd added: "The music will speak for itself, and if people give the music a chance without their biases, I think that they'll be happy. If you didn't know that Scott didn't play on the record and he said that he played on it, people would hear those drums totally different. They would say, 'Man, this kicks ass.' They would never question it — because they [would] know it's Scott. They would never question it."
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Il va faire comme les membres d ACDC ;) ou pas
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Franky II
true beauf picard

Message par Franky II »

Je vais y jeter une oreille mais je trouve que les deux précédents que j'ai sont de bons albums de heavy metal progressif, mais pour moi ce n'est pas du Queensryche, désolé.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

J'ai pas trop accroché aux premières écoutes...j'arrive toujours pas à me faire à l'idée que le Queensrÿche 80's est définitivement derrière. Mais finalement il passe pas mal et je me suis surpris à le trouver pas mal ce disque surtout les passages les plus mélodiques et progressifs. J'attends avant de me faire un avis définitif (un peu comme le Candlemass que je trouvais bof et que j'écoute depuis un mois chaque jour :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas encore écouté pour ma part, mais ça ne devrait pas tarder. Nouveau clip :

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Acheté ce jour. :)
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Pense faire comme toi demesnounet.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cardinal-Sin a écrit :
26 mars 2019, 22:22
J'ai pas trop accroché aux premières écoutes...j'arrive toujours pas à me faire à l'idée que le Queensrÿche 80's est définitivement derrière. Mais finalement il passe pas mal et je me suis surpris à le trouver pas mal ce disque surtout les passages les plus mélodiques et progressifs. J'attends avant de me faire un avis définitif (un peu comme le Candlemass que je trouvais bof et que j'écoute depuis un mois chaque jour :D
Un peu mon sentiment pour le moment, mais après une seule écoute il faut dire. A la fois désarçonné du côté "trop metal" parfois, au sens de manquant de finesse, et en même temps certains titres sont bien meilleurs que sur les 2 précédents albums, ce qui est déjà un progrès. Je vais voir ce que j'en retiens...
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Il me plaît aussi plus que les 2 précédents pour certains morceaux comme Dark Reverie, inner Unrest, Launer The Conscience ou Portrait, en fait la deuxième moitié d'album qui a vraiment de chouettes moments, et la première est quand même bien symapthique. Franchement le meilleur Queensrÿche depuis Empire pour moi, si on débat pas du cas du Promised Land qui est quand même bien dans son genre
Je l'ai pas mal écouté au final depuis sa sortie même si une fois l'effet nouveauté, il va certainement retrouvé son étagère quelques années :)
7/10
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

metalrunner a écrit :
15 avr. 2019, 09:42
Pense faire comme toi demesnounet.
T'es malade ? :euh:

C'est pas evil trve par rapport aux préférences que tu affiches habituellement. :diable:
Répondre