Children of Bodom - Hexed

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en mars.
Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM will release their tenth album, "Hexed", on March 8, 2019 via Nuclear Blast Records.

CHILDREN OF BODOM frontman, guitarist, and mastermind Alexi Laiho comments: "People have said that this album is generally catchier. So I started thinking about that; perhaps the song structures are easier to grasp on initial listen. But there's some crazy shit in there — almost progressive or at least technical. There are certain melodies across the album that could have come from jazz songs, although they're completely metal with us, of course. [Laughs]"

"For me, it has always been very hard to describe our new music," comments bassist Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith). "In a way, it always feels familiar, but the new stuff also always surprises me. Here we have something that's very BODOM, but somehow we haven't done this kind of stuff, possibly ever. Then again, someone said that there's a somewhat similar vibe to what 'Follow The Reaper' had. I don't know. Anyway, we had a really hard time choosing the songs for the videos. I guess that's a positive problem to have."

"Hexed" saw the return to Finland's Danger Johnny Studios where COB was reunited with Mikko Karmila ("I Worship Chaos", "Halo Of Blood", "Hatebreeder", "Follow The Reaper" and "Hate Crew Deathroll") who recorded everything except keyboards and also produced the album with the band. Janne Wirman recorded keyboards at Beyond Abilities Studios. The album was mixed and mastered at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland.

For this album, the band enlisted Deins Forkas to create the album artwork. Henkka commented on the cover: "For some years I've wanted to try a different approach with our cover art. We are so used to digital art, so it's really hard to do something else. Doing it completely with a computer is somewhat safe and convenient. This time we all agreed to try going old school. We found this cool dude and gave him simple instructions — the cover has to be purple and the reaper has to be central. Half a year later, we got his work, and with little tweaking, we now have the cover of 'Hexed'. It is very different from what we are used to, even the Reaper looks different, but at the same time very spooky."

"Hexed" will be available for pre-order starting December 7.

"Hexed" track listing:

01. The Road
02. Under Grass And Clover
03. Glass Houses
04. Hecate's Nightmare
05. Kick In The Spleen
06. Platitudes And Barren Words
07. Hexed
08. Relapse (The Nature Of My Crime)
09. Say Never Look Back
10. Soon Departed
11. Knuckleduster
12. I Worship Chaos (live)
13. Morrigan (live)
14. Knuckleduster (remix)
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas si mal...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sur ce titre on retrouve le Bodom de la grande époque, avec notamment du néoclassique qui cartonne :

chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Le batteur, le bassiste et le clavieriste, présents depuis le début, ont annoncé qu’ils quitteront le groupe après le concert du 15/12. Alexi Laiho et le second guitariste continueront sous le nom de Children of Bodom.
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un peu surprenant de voir autant de départs, ça risque de devenir encore plus le Lahio show, surtout sans le claviériste.

Mais en temps cela peut faire du bien, vu qu'ils ont besoin de fraîcheur, quoique ironiquement ce dernier album a justement l'air de remonter la pente dans les critiques...
Children Of Bodom have announced that they will be playing their final show with the current line-up this coming December. 'A Chapter Called Children Of Bodom' will take place at the Black Box in Helsinki Ice hall on December 15th. Full statement from the band can be read below.

Official statement: "It is with heavy hearts that we announce that 2019 will be the last for Children Of Bodom with this line-up. After almost 25 years with Bodom, thousands of shows & 10 albums it is time for Henkka, Janne and Jaska to step back and change direction within their lives. All three will miss the fans and supporters in every city in every country the band ever played.

"The last show of this line-up will be on the 15th of December at Helsinki Ice Hall. Tickets still remain for some of the Finnish shows in December. Alexi and Daniel will have further announcements about their plans to keep creating new music in the future.

"Thanks again for everything - Children Of Bodom."
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Du nouveau via facebook :

:help: ça marche comment les balises facebook ?

Donc, de ce que j'ai compris, finalement les trois qui devaient partir sont ceux qui restent propriétaire de la marque "Children of Bodom".
Ils vont rester dans la musique, je ne suis pas sur d'avoir bien compris s'ils vont continuer à sortir du nouveau matériel sous le même nom. En gros, il disent qu'ils respecteront ce qui a été fait sous ce nom-là...
Le split est dû à l'incapacité de trouver un accord sur des points non liés à la musique (donc il reste le business et/ou la famille).
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Children of Bodom - Hexed

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip incongrue comme situation si les membres "partants" s'en vont avec le nom du groupe, alors que pour 90% des gens COB c'est avant tout Alexis Lahio (and friends).
chevelu a écrit :
23 déc. 2019, 19:05
:help: ça marche comment les balises facebook ?
Il faut mettre l'URL du post en question, c'est modifié. ;)
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Si j'étais mauvaise langue, je dirais qu'ils splittent pour pouvoir faire une tournée de reformation dans 2 ans :D
Répondre