Batushka se disloque en 2

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je n'ai pas vraiment cherché à comprendre mais il existe désormais 2 versions du groupe polonais, chacune se disputant la légitimité du nom :
Krzysztof "Derph" Drabikowski has posted the following video on YouTube, detailing his and Batushka's situation:

A transcript of the video reads as follows: "My name is Krzysztof "Derph" Drabikowski. Most of you know me by the moniker Христофоръ, the leader and creator of the musical project Batushka. I am recording this video because I have lost control over Batushka's website, Facebook page, webstore and as of Tuesday, even the Instagram account. This is the only way I can tell You what is happening and how my former vocalist is trying to take the band away from me. I created Batushka in the spring of 2015. I am the author of the music, lyrics, the name, the painting that you know from the album cover and the overall monk image idea. I have made the musical arrangements, wrote the melodies and recorded most of the instruments on the Litourgiya album in my private home studio. Before the finishing touches I invited Bartłomiej Krysiuk to do the vocals according to my guidelines, and Marcin Bielemiuk to re-record my drums parts on acoustic percussion. Batushka was meant to be an anonymous musical project, and from the beginning the idea was to keep the line-up unknown to the public so that the listeners could focus their attention on the musical experience itself. The album, released by Krysiuk's underground label, became a hit. The demand for live shows from all over the world was enormous. So, I decided to, with the help of my friends, bring Batushka's music on to the live stage. During the past two years I have written and recorded the material for the second Batushka album, and Krysiuk pressed me to release it as soon as possible. As I wasn't satisfied with the results yet, I postponed the release of the follower of Litourgiya which followed with Krysiuk declaring he is leaving the band. On the Friday of the 21st of December I learned that Krysiuk hired musicians to produce an album that he planned to release as the new Batushka record, behind my back! He also registered Batushka as his personal trademark. Before I managed to do anything, he cut off my access to all Batushka's media platforms, and tries to enforce some kind of censorship on all media interested in the band situation. In response I have taken legal action and have been advised by my lawyer to not say anything further. All the new pictures you see on the website and Facebook page are of Krysiuk and random people like his son pretending to be Batushka. Every upcoming festival claiming to have Batushka in their line-up has made a deal with Krysiuk and not me. I would like to kindly ask You to copy and share this message wherever you can. Let the truth be heard. As of now the only true Batushka will be that without Krysiuk behind the mic. Thank you for watching and thank you for your support."

Original news, published on 27.12.2018: It seems like we're going to have a really hard time picking drama for the Metal Storm Awards, as so much drama has been happening in the last month, from Cannibal Corpse to Arch Enemy to Chthonic, but now comes a more confusing one with Polish black metal outfit Batushka.

The following message was posted on the band's Instagram page before the page got deleted:

"An important announcement has to be made today. I have decided to part ways with Batushka's singer Варфоломей (
Bartłomiej Krysiuk) due to inappropriate behavior on his part. There were attempts to take my creation Batushka away from me, with the result that he will not continue to be a member of the music project and the upcoming album will not feature his voice. As songs may emerge that are not written by me but labeled as "Batushka", I hereby announce that my Instagram profile [since deleted], YouTube channel and mail are now the only means of contacting me. Please share this information on social media channels. Thank you for all the support and understanding.

Krzysztof "Христофор" Drabikowski"

Meanwhile the band's Facebook page posted the following message:

"We would like to address the statement published on the (then) Batushka Instagram last Sunday:
Kris, our former guitarist, was told earlier this month that he would not participate in Batushka activities as we move into 2019. Kris was disappointed but understanding. We tried on multiple occasions to regain access to the Instagram page which was solely controlled by Kris. We had hoped that Kris would follow through with his promises to hand back control of Batushka's Instagram but clearly that was not the case. This prompted a claim to have any pages operated by Kris, shut down based on intellectual property and trademark ownership. Rest assured, everything will be reinstated soon! Batushka is moving ahead with plans to release new music and begin a new touring cycle in 2019! More news coming soon!"

While the Instagram page and post have since been deleted, the Facebook post has seen quite some drama and supposedly comments are being deleted.

With the future of Batushka unclear, will this mean one party will gain ownership or will we have two Batushkas that will release a new album soon, as both parties have announced new music for 2019? Give us your thoughts.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Ah je n'avais pas compris qu'on allait se retrouver avec 2 versions du groupe ! Quel gâchis...
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

déjà qu´une suffisait amplement ... :D :saint:
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

C'est plus simple chez Rhapsody quand même...
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Batushka se disloque en 2

Message par Denis »

ChaNoir a écrit :
03 janv. 2019, 10:01
déjà qu´une suffisait amplement ... :D :saint:
Je suis d'accord, un c'était déjà un de trop :P
Prochains concerts:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

C'est Tobias Forge leur manager? :D

Vraiment un problème typique des groupes a capuches on dirait. Non sans deconner, c'est dommage parce que musicalement leur premier album etait tres bien reussi et ca me ferait chier qu'on se trouve avec un Batushka A.D, B.C et Batushka Inc! Apres j'avoue que niveau marketing et hype, c'est un peu abuse!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je n'ai rien regardé, mais tout est expliqué :

Donc il s'agit de groupes différents ci-dessous :

+ décision de justice polonaise :

Back in April, the version of Batushka led by vocalist Bartłomiej Krysiuk was handed a temporary injunction by the Polish courts to cease operating under the Batushka name while the lawsuit between he and founding guitarist Krzysztof Drabikowski waged on. At the time, Drabikowski touted it as a victory while Krysiuk warned that the injunction was temporary in nature and had been issued based on only Drabikowski’s version of events.

Now, in an appeal that also takes into account Krysiuk’s testimony, the court has reversed its decision and allowed Krysiuk to continue operating under the Batushka name… which he had been doing anyway. It should be noted that by no means does this mean Krysiuk has won the court battle — that is still ongoing and likely won’t conclude for quite a while — but simply that Krysiuk is allowed to continue using the Batushka name while the case winds on.

Bart’s Batushka published the court documents yesterday via Facebook in both Polish and English, which you can see below.
houguerr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par houguerr »

Donc si j'ai bien compris le guitariste pour le moment opère sous le nom батюшка et a déjà sorti un album.
Cet album est moins bien que le premier car plus monotone et donc un peu moins composé mais l'ambiance reste pas mauvaise !
ride the night like you ride the lightning

Across the rainbow bridge to Valhalla
Odin's waiting for me
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Et donc si j'ai bien compris la version qui va se produire en fest cet ete c'est la version foireuse du chanteur qui est signee chez Metal Blade.

Je n'ai ecoute qu'un seul morceau de la version du guitariste et même si ce n'est pas folichon, on retrouve quand même l'esprit Batushka surtout au niveau de l'ambiance, comme dit Houguerr. La version Metal Blade est a mon sens completement a cote de la plaque.

Quel petard mouille ce groupe. Cette histoire m'a bien refroidi en tout cas!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single de la version "non officielle" :