VLTIMAS - Supergroup death metal feat. David Vincent, Rune Eriksen (Mayhem/Aura Noir), Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Pas vu de topic sur cette nouvelle formation qui sort son premier album chez Seasons of Mist.
The official lyric video for "Diabolus Est Sanguis", a new song from VLTIMAS, the three-piece extreme metal formation consisting of David Vincent (ex-MORBID ANGEL), Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksen (ex-MAYHEM, AURA NOIR) and Flo Monier (CRYPTOPSY), can be seen below. The track is taken from the VLTIMAS's debut album, "Something Wicked Marches In", which will be released on March 29 via Season Of Mist.

The cover for "Something Wicked Marches In" was created by renowned Polish artist Zbigniew M. Bielak (GHOST, PARADISE LOST, BÖLZER, ZHRINE) and can be seen below.

The foundation for VLTIMAS was laid when Rune, after collecting a handful of riffs, presented Mounier with the idea of forming a band together. For the two musicians, having composed and recorded numerous songs together in the past, the musical chemistry was already tried and tested. However, one thing was still missing. This extraordinary musical project needed an extraordinary voice and Eriksen got in touch with Vincent, with whom he had been in contact for years, to finalize the lineup.

Vincent had just exited MORBID ANGEL and was ready for a new chapter in his long spanning career. Everything fell into place, and VLTIMAS came into being.

During the Noize Factory sessions (Georgetown, USA), the musicians started writing a substantial amount of music. The sessions proved to be a fruitful endeavor and the first ideas and song skeletons were later fleshed out by Rune at his home studio in Portugal, then finalized when Mounier and Eriksen returned to Texas, in order to put the final touches to the material at David's home studio. In a more controlled surrounding the songs started to unveil themselves and the studio was booked.

The band entered Orgone Studios in Woburn, England in May 2018 with producer Jaime Gomez Arellano. While there, the three-piece recorded nine crushing tracks that will appear on the full-length debut album.

The new record offers a vast array of influences, but most notably the distinguished symbioses of these three respected and talented musicians. A dark and sinister ambiance meets a majestic and a commanding death metal energy.

"Something Wicked Marches In" track listing:

01. Something Wicked Marches In (4:28)
02. Praevalidus (3:39)
03. Total Destroy! (2:57)
04. Monolilith (5:25)
05. Truth And Consequence (3:42)
06. Last Ones Alive Win Nothing (5:29)
07. Everlasting (3:40)
08. Diabolus Est Sanguis (3:27)
09. Marching On (5:34)

Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Vraiment très bons ces morceaux. Il y a une forte ressemblance avec Morbid Angel pas désagréable du tout. Hâte que ça sorte.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Ouais cela me semble bien bon, j'en suis "étonné" limite :)
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite en mars :
Vltimas have been legends since the dawn of metal. Rune Eriksen took hold of axe-wielding duties for the second coming of Mayhem. Flo Mounier has been drumming for Cryptopsy since their earliest exhumations of the Canadian underground. And who could forget David Vincent, the larger-than-life vocalist for Morbid Angel.

Having already made history, some metalheads may have stroked their beard and wondered if there could possibly be any new realms for this band to conquer. But on their new album, Vltimas ascend to truly epic heights.

Epic will be released on March 15 via Season Of Mist. A video for lead single, "Miserere", can be viewed below.

Vltimas have been making grand declarations of war for more than 30 years, but "Miserere" isn't just another offering at the altar of madness. "I spread my misery, biblically evolved", Vincent sings in a baritone that's so monstrous it could summon an army of the dead. The drums speed ahead mercilessly, mowing down all onlookers under a barrage of surgical blast beats, as riffs hail from all directions with enough firepower to shatter bulletproof glass.

"The world throws us all trials and tribulations constantly," says Vltimas. "We use this angst as a weapon in our art to score the apocalypse".

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Evil.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality