Death Angel (Humanicide) 31/05/2019

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Un titre déjà en écoute sur leur facebook.
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Death Angel (Humanicide)31/05/2019

Message par Denis »

Prochains concerts:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans DEATH ANGEL will release their long-awaited ninth full-length album, "Humanicide", on May 31 via Nuclear Blast Records.

With "Humanicide", DEATH ANGEL has maintained its throne in the universe of thrash while still managing to remain progressive in their style. They apply a wide variety of different elements to their music, always pushing to add newness to their sound. This time around they've included everything from acoustic bits to guest musicians to even (for the first time) the notes of a piano. All 10 songs flow seamlessly yet each leaves its own distinct impression.

The first single and title track, "Humanicide", triumphantly represents the entirety of the album, immediately energising the listener. Singer Mark Osegueda remarks: "I wanted to write something that metal fans could really grasp on to. Something dark and intense, that still makes sense. Right now, I think it's so apparent that the earth is in a sickened state."

Guitarist Rob Cavestany adds: "When I wrote the music for our song 'Humanicide', I was shooting for an album opener that would have all the elements of an epic thrash opus. This meant a classic metal style intro leading into a ferocious 'Bay Area Thrash Riff-o-Rama' — complete with a crazy middle build-up section to ramp up the circle pit until it's all whipped up into a frenzy by the time the frenetic guitar solo hits, then concluding with a maniacal musical section leading into the outro. All it needed was the lyrics and vocal delivery to match the intensity and Mark went above and beyond the call of duty. Some of his best work, in my opinion. One of my favorite DA songs, for sure, it feels like the follow-up to our song 'Thrown To The Wolves'. Can't wait to play it live."

For the fourth album cycle in a row, DEATH ANGEL returned to producer and friend Jason Suecof (DEICIDE, TRIVIUM) of Audiohammer studios for the recording and mixing, along with the mastering of the legendary Ted Jensen (SLIPKNOT, PANTERA) of Sterling Sound, who added the final touches and brought it all to life, with artist Brent Elliott White (LAMB OF GOD, MEGADETH) providing the ominous cover artwork.

Adds Cavestany: "I'm ecstatic to present DEATH ANGEL's ninth studio album, 'Humanicide'. This collection of songs represents the band in its current state — united, vital, intense and (still) hungry like the wolf! I wanted this record to be quite diverse stylistically while obviously keeping with the parameters of metal. DA has been known to push the envelope and we absolutely did this time. So many emotions are expressed through our music, I'm very much looking forward to adding these songs into our live set list. As I savor this rare feeling of satisfaction, we proudly unleash this beast upon thee."

"Humanicide" track listing:

01. Humanicide
02. Divine Defector
03. Aggressor
04. I Came For Blood
05. Immortal Behated
06. Alive and Screaming
07. The Pack
08. Ghost of Me
09. Revelation Song
10. Of Rats and Men
11. The Day I Walked Away (bonus track)
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Death Angel (Humanicide)31/05/2019

Message par Everflow »

Le single est carton.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un titre punk dans l'esprit :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Très diversifié cet album décidément :

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

La diversification c est un terme qui correspond bien a ce groupe.Pas thrash comme beaucoup de gens le prétendent mais beau morceau quand même.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe sort un EP acoustique, avec notamment des reprises et des nouvelles versions.

"Under Pressure" de Queen ci-dessous.
Fresh off of their recent Grammy nomination for "Best Metal Performance", veteran San Fancisco Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL descend to unveil their autumn 2020 EP: "Under Pressure".

Containing four tracks of both new and reinvented melodies, the variety emitted from this next addition to the DEATH ANGEL catalog is electrifying to the ears while remaining acoustic and intimate in its presentation. A dynamic cover of QUEEN + David Bowie's "Under Pressure" initiates the sonic journey, followed by a refreshing new track titled "Faded Remains". Engrossing acoustic versions of "Act III"'s classic "A Room With A View" and "Humanicide"'s "Revelation Song" finish off this satisfying sojourn showcasing the vocals of Mark Osegueda and Rob Cavestany, with Cavestany on guitar.

Mixed by Max Norman (OZZY OSBOURNE, MEGADETH, BAD COMPANY) and mastered by Ted Jensen (LAMB OF GOD, MACHINE HEAD, HALESTORM), the already-experienced team involved with making these songs come to life augmented their talents through the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, and in doing so, shaped a beautiful and soulful extension of the DEATH ANGEL essence.

The "Under Pressure" EP is out NOW via Nuclear Blast Records.

Track listing:

01. Under Pressure
02. Faded Remains
03. A Room With A View (2020 Acoustic Version)
04. Revelation Song (2020 Acoustic Version)

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Très bonne la reprise de Queen, moi qui suis sourcilleux sur les reprises des groupes que j'aime - à plus forte raison quand elles font partie de mes titres préférés du groupe concerné- j'apprécie beaucoup celle - ci, parce qu'ils l'ont bien adapté à eux et qu'ils en ont respecté l'esprit.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clip revenant sur le dernier album.

Répondre