Black Star Riders - Another State of Grace

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sans Damon Johnson qui a quitté le groupe.
BLACK STAR RIDERS will release their fourth studio album in September via Nuclear Blast. Titled "Another State Of Grace", the follow-up to 2017's "Heavy Fire" was produced and mixed by Jay Ruston (STONE SOUR, ANTHRAX, URIAH HEEP).

The band will support the record with a full U.K. and Ireland tour in October 2019, with additional dates in other territories to be announced in the near future.

BLACK STAR RIDERS, which consists of Ricky Warwick (lead vocals, guitar), Scott Gorham (lead guitar) and Robert Crane (bass) along with recent additions Chad Szeliga (drums) and Christian Martucci (lead guitar), recorded the album in February at Sphere Studios in Burbank, California.

Says Warwick: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be back with a brand new BLACK STAR RIDERS album. In my honest opinion, this is the best record the band has made. This is Christian and Chad's first album with the band and they have brought a fantastic energy and vibe."

Gorham adds: "It was great to be back in Los Angeles, and recording with Jay Ruston was an absolute pleasure. I am excited to see everyone's reactions to this amazing record… and I can't wait to get back on the road and play you these new songs."

Guitarist Damon Johnson announced his exit from BLACK STAR RIDERS in September, but continued performing with the band until the end of the group's U.K. tour on December 3.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Black Star Riders - Another State of Grace

Message par Everflow »

:cheers:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cool.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Scott Gorham a quitté le groupe... qui n'a plus vraiment d'intérêt maintenant. La bonne nouvelle c'est que Thin Lizzy vont refaire des concerts.
Scott Gorham says that "the time was right" for him to leave BLACK STAR RIDERS.

Gorham was in BLACK STAR RIDERS for nearly a decade, having formed the band in 2013 with other THIN LIZZY members after deciding to write and record new music under a new moniker. BLACK STAR RIDERS' original lineup was completed by vocalist Ricky Warwick, guitarist Damon Johnson, bassist Marco Mendoza and drummer Jimmy DeGrasso.

Earlier today, Gorham released the following statement: "As you all are now aware, I have decided to leave BLACK STAR RIDERS to concentrate on putting THIN LIZZY on the road again next year (which will include Ricky Warwick).

"Leaving a close-knit working environment, shared with good friends over 8 years is never easy, but I felt that the time was right, especially knowing that Ricky and the band and how great they are, would be in no danger at all to carry on without me. I am certain that they will build on past successes and I look forward to listening to their new album.

"I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of our fans for your fantastic support over the years, we always had a blast touring and being able to shake hands with so many of you in person. Thank you also to all the well-wishers who have posted such great comments on the web — it was very much appreciated.

"There has been some speculation regarding the state of my health, so I'd like to let you all know that I am very well, having had the 2 covid jabs and getting my flu shot tomorrow and trying to improve my game of golf, which has gone south recently… unfortunately.

"Regarding THIN LIZZY concerts in 2022 — this is currently in the planning stages and I will make sure to let you know of our progress regarding line-ups and dates.

"Once again, I miss you all and thank you all and hopefully see you all very soon.

"Alright then… who's buying?!"

BLACK STAR RIDERS announced Gorham's departure on Monday (September 20), with Warwick saying in a statement: "We are very sad to see Scott go, but we discussed a very heavy world touring commitment on the new record and Scott decided he wanted to concentrate just on THIN LIZZY — and being the legend he is, none of us can blame him.

"We all wish him the best and he will be looking to put THIN LIZZY back out on the road from 2022 onwards with a busy schedule, so he won't be missing me too much!"
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

C'est quand même étrange comme situation, voir incompréhensible. J'imagine que le nom de Thin Lizzy se vend mieux en terme de cachet pour les concerts. Mais Thin Lizzy avec Gorham et Warwick + friends ou Black Star Riders avec Gorham et Warwick + friends, y a qu'une partie de la set list qui change avec malgré tout une qualité moindre pour le second, je l'admets. Quand Gorham a fondé BSR, c'était pour aller de l'avant et là il fait demi- tour. J'espère que Downey sera de la partie avec TL mais j'en doute. Sykes ????????????
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sykes ce serait bien, mais j'en doute un peu vu le froid entre eux la dernière fois. Difficile à dire, mais comme il va sortir un nouvel album solo "bientôt" ça reste de l'ordre du possible s'il sort enfin de sa léthargie.
Répondre