Machine Head réenregistre "Burn My Eyes"

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour coïncider avec la prochaine tournée. Mais ça ne sortira pas au format CD.
MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn has told U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine that a re-recorded version of the band's 1994 album, "Burn My Eyes", will be released later in the year.

The latest development follows the announcement earlier this week that MACHINE HEAD will celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Burn My Eyes" with a special anniversary tour. The shows will see MACHINE HEAD's original drummer Chris Kontos and guitarist Logan Mader join the band onstage again to play "Burn My Eyes" in full.

Flynn told Kerrang!: "This 'Burn My Eyes' tour is happening, but it's still six months away. As Kerrang! have speculated, we are recording new music. We are getting to release new music. In fact, the lineup that'll be going out on tour have actually gone and re-recorded 'Burn My Eyes' live in the studio. We plan on dripping that out song by song. It'll probably be digital-only — just something cool to help celebrate. We filmed ourselves doing it, so there'll probably be some playthrough videos too."

He added: "It's so cool seeing us playing those songs again for the first time, like, 'How does that riff go?' or, 'What was that lyric again?' There are mistakes, but we just left them in. It was just part of this really special, fun, positive moment."

The first leg of MACHINE HEAD's 25th-anniversary tour for "Burn My Eyes" will kick off in Germany on October 5 in Freiburg, and continue across Europe, wrapping in Dublin, Ireland on November 8. The U.S. leg will take place in November and December.

Building on MACHINE HEAD's "An Evening With…" format, these shows will be a three-hour musical extravaganza, comprised of two parts: Part one will feature a battery of MACHINE HEAD's modern classics, such as "Imperium", "Halo" and "The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears", featuring Flynn and bassist Jared MacEachern performing alongside two soon-to-be-announced musicians on guitar and drums. Part two will feature "Burn My Eyes" played in its entirety for the first time ever, with Kontos and Mader joining in.

Tickets go on general sale at 10 a.m. local time on Friday, March 29, with pre-sale going live at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 28.

Kontos left MACHINE HEAD before the release of the band's second album, 1997's "The More Things Change", and was replaced by Dave McClain.

McClain and guitarist Phil Demmel exited MACHINE HEAD last fall.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre