Michael Schenker Fest - Revelation

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Deuxième album de ce projet réunissant tous les anciens chanteurs de MSG.
Legendary German guitarist Michael Schenker's MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST project will release its second studio album, "Revelation", on August 23 through Nuclear Blast. The disc was produced by Michael Schenker and Michael Voss and was recorded and mixed by Voss at Kidpool Studio Greven & Kidwood Studio in Münstertal, Germany between December 2018 and March 2019.

"Michael Voss is a fantastic musician with great input as a co-producer," Schenker said. "Our chemistry is something else. We have a way of working together that is extremely creative."

The follow-up to 2018's "Resurrection", "Revelation" was mastered by Christoph "Doc" Stickel for CS Mastering in Vienna, Austria. Additional recordings were completed as follows: Simon Phillips's drums were recorded by Jason Mariani at Brotherynstudios in Ojai, California. Bodo Schopf's drums recorded by Rolf Munkes at Empire Studios in Bensheim, Germany. Graham Bonnet's and Robin McAuley's vocals were recorded by Jimmy Waldo at Where's That Track Studio in Los Angeles, California.

"Based on the fun that we had recording 'Resurrection', the success of the album and the surrounding tours we undertook that were just fantastic, I was deeply inspired to make a start on writing new songs for a new MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST album," says Schenker. "It is even a step up from 'Resurrection', with amazing input from all singers and all musicians. I could not ask for a better result. The songs are blazing, snappy, energetic, melodic and with drummers like Simon Philips and Bodo Shopf, we got amazing results. This time we even managed to record three great mid-tempo songs with all singers involved, singing their hearts out."

Regarding the "Revelation" title, Schenker said: "The album title and cover concept expresses things that have happened in my past as well as what is still happening at the present time. It's about passion and purity versus greed and corruption. There is much to say. It's about time I let people know about some of this."

Besides the four vocalists — Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet, Robin McAuley and Doogie White — Schenker also reveals a guest singer on one track. "An incredible thing happened; we had this song that was ready to be worked on and Michael Voss suggested Ronnie Romero from Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW, who Voss had worked with in the past, to sing on this song as a guest," Michael says. "What came out of it was classic. Amazing vocals with blazing music that absolutely rocks!"

He continues: "We are ready to present this unique album to the world and I am very much looking forward to getting this album out there. Our label Nuclear Blast is totally happy with this record and I was especially happy getting a message from Markus Staiger, the founder of Nuclear Blast, saying how much he loves this album."

Schenker recently announced that he will be welcoming back Simon Philipps and Bodo Schopf — who each played drums in MSG — to the MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST lineup. Simon, who played on the MSG debut album, has returned as the main drummer on the upcoming second album. Due to his schedule, he is unable to be the live drummer for the upcoming U.S. tour. This rôle will be completed by Bodo Schopf, who played on "Perfect Timing" and "Save Yourself". With the sudden passing of Ted McKenna, Bodo will be featured on the upcoming record but in a smaller rôle as he had the important job of preparing for the U.S. tour.

MICHAEL SCHENKER FEST will kick off its U.S. tour on April 15 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. The trek will include performances in Vancouver, Chicago, and New York before concluding on May 18 in Austin, Texas.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La pochette est aussi kitsch qu'osée. Extrait supplémentaire (pas passionnant).

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Il fallait oser la pochette :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Carrément. Je la trouve ridicule.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

T'as pas compris, SCHENKER c'est Dieu. Tu devrais écouter un peu plus les Citrouilles. :D
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

C'est plutôt Jésus.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois la chanson tient la route, bien que pas renversante. J'ai l'impression que l'album ne doit pas être au niveau du précédent...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Michael Schenker Fest - Revelation

Message par Everflow »

avec Graham Bonnet

the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

C'est bien moyen.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Production plate et étouffée, morceau creux, partie de batterie inintéressante (programmée ?), Graham Bonnet en grosse perte de vitesse et avec des effets pour essayer de sauver les meubles, solo pas terrible. A oublier.
Répondre