Mayhem - Daemon

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie le 25/10

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Mayhem

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Mayhem

Message par Everflow »

EP de reprises punk/hardcore, mais pas que :
The infamous Mayhem return this year with an outstanding EP called “Atavistic Black Disorder / Kommando”, with additional material from the Daemon session, including a homage to bands that laid the foundation for what was to come. The EP will be released on July 9.

The lords of darkness have dug deep and reflected their influences to create a musical odyssey that shows them multifaceted in several ways. For this goal, cover versions of bands like Discharge, Dead Kennedys, Rudimentary Peni and Ramones were chosen, which in typical Mayhem manner impressively fit into their bursting and darkened sound. The band also recruited Billy Messiah and Maniac, who took over vocal performances on two songs.

In addition to the named cover versions, a previously unreleased track called “Voces Ab Alta” is featured on the EP, which continues the musical journey alongside “Black Glass Communion” and “Everlasting Dying Flame”, which were used as bonus tracks for the 2019 album Daemon.

The EP thus closes the capital, which was opened with the release of Daemon back in 2019 and illuminates the band once again in typical unusual and surprising-sounding way.

The visual concept was once again handled by Italian designer Daniele Valeriani (Lucifer’s Child, Dark Funeral) who already took care of the artwork for their previous long player Daemon.

The band comments: “I always had some punk influences,” says Attila. “I guess it comes from my childhood when we were constantly looking for more extreme music. That’s how I discovered Dead Kennedys, GBH, The Exploited, Sex Pistols, U.K. Subs, Discharge, Rudimentary Peni and so on, in the early 80’s, alongside heavy metal. But then I discovered Venom, that was a game changer!”

Necrobutcher further adds: “We got some extra time in the studio recording the Daemon album two years ago, all band members were asked to punch in two cover tracks for some extra material. I chose songs by Deathstrike (The Truth) and Death (Evil Dead) which were both used as the bonus tracks on the album. My other contribution was to bring in two old members because of their obvious connection with punk: Maniac on the Dead Kennedys track and Billy (Messiah) on the Discharge track and some of the others.”
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Mayhem

Message par Everflow »

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Mayhem

Message par mike-polar »

Morceau classique mais bien cool.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Mayhem

Message par Everflow »

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Mayhem

Message par mike-polar »

On dirait un titre de De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Bien cool!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Mayhem

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Album live, avec une certaine production scénique :
Norwegian black metal pioneers Mayhem will release a live album, Daemonic Rites, on September 15 via Century Media Records. The record is a comprehensive look at the legendary band's chaotic and intense performances from various cities around the world over the last two years. The album promises to be a thrilling sonic journey for fans and a testament to Mayhem's unparalleled live prowess. Preorder here.

In conjunction with the upcoming release, Mayhem has unveiled a first look with a performance video of the first single "Malum (Live 2022)". Filmed during the band's March 2022 concert in New York City in collaboration with renowned director Zev Deans, the clip encapsulates the intensity and ferocity that Mayhem brings to the stage.

Mayhem's Necrobutcher comments: "We wanted to document how great the band and set sounds like after almost 40 years of playing live. As a treat to our fans, we decided to release this live recording. I knew from day one back in 1984 that this band was going to be outstanding — one of the best bands ever! I guess that's a big reason why we still are here after 39 years — and counting."

Daemonic Rites marks the culmination of the Daemon era, which commenced in 2019 with the release of their critically acclaimed studio album Daemon. The journey continued with the savage EP Atavistic Black Disorder in 2021, leaving audiences hungry for more. This latest live conglomeration serves as the ultimate chapter-closer for this landmark.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre