Rage - Winds of Rage

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Few metal acts can look back at as comprehensive, multi-faceted and varied a career as RAGE. Founded in spring 1983 in Herne in Germany's Ruhr region, the band led by vocalist/bassist Peavy Wagner has integrated a wide range of stylistic nuances into its musical concept. There have been releases which focused primarily on hard thrash sounds, but also recordings featuring anthemnic power metal as well as albums with a — in the true sense of the word — symphonic orientation. "Wings Of Rage", the latest offering by the three-piece, consists of all this and much more. Peavy and his colleagues Marcos Rodriguez (guitar) and Vassilios Maniatopoulos (drums) have succeeded in summarizing the diversity and experience of almost 37 years of band history in twelve topical songs, starting a new chapter at the same time.

Thanks to the diversity on "Wings Of Rage", Wagner, Rodriguez and Maniatopoulos can be one hundred percent certain that every fan will find something to their very own, personal taste. Friends of earthy thrash tracks with a typical RAGE attitude will get their money's worth mostly on numbers such as the opener "True" with its sinister verse, the lead single "Let Them Rest In Peace", the title track "Wings Of Rage" and the intense "Don't Let Me Down". Aficionados of atmospherically dense power metal anthems will love "Tomorrow" and "Chasing The Twilight Zone", while elements of classic orchestrations, as featured on RAGE's 1998 album classic "XIII", mark the progressive "A Nameless Grave" and the ballad "Shine A Light".

"Wings Of Rage" presents the band as dynamic as ever, and their next world tour is in the pipeline for 2020. The February dates for the European leg have already been confirmed, more dates will follow soon.

Today sees the arrival of the first single "Let Them Rest In Peace", including an impressive video clip which RAGE shot in a closed-down paper factory.

"Wings Of Rage" will be released on January 10, 2020 through Steamhammer/SPV as CD digipak, 2LP gatefold version, limited box set, shirt bundle (Steamhammer shop) download and stream.

Track listing:

01. True
02. Let Them Rest In Peace
03. Chasing The Twilight Zone
04. Tomorrow
05. Wings Of Rage
06. Shadow Over Deadland (The Twilight Transition)
07. A Nameless Grave
08. Don't Let Me Down
09. Shine A Light
10. HTTS 2.0
11. Blame It On The Truth
12. For Those Who Wish To Die

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Il a l'air bien cool ce nouveau Rage.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Oui, il est bien! 4 écoutes pour le moment et c'est plutôt un bon cru. :) :bang:
Par contre la reprise de higher than the sky est complètement inutile et me gâche la fin de l'album (elle est placée en 10ème position sur 12). Je ne vois pas l'intérêt de la chose, c'est comme Megadeth qui reprenait à tout le monde sur united abominations, ça ne me plaît pas (en bonus track pourquoi pas, mais pas au sein de l'album).
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Re: Rage - Winds of Rage

Message par Stéphane »

Mc Brain a écrit :
27 janv. 2020, 19:51
Par contre la reprise de higher than the sky est complètement inutile et me gâche la fin de l'album (elle est placée en 10ème position sur 12). Je ne vois pas l'intérêt de la chose, c'est comme Megadeth qui reprenait à tout le monde sur united abominations, ça ne me plaît pas (en bonus track pourquoi pas, mais pas au sein de l'album).
je viens de l'écouter.... mais c'est surtout qu'elle est nullissime cette reprise :,( On simplifie à mort, on enlève toute subtilité et on bourrine comme un porc... :putain:
"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Pas mal les deux derniers titres publiés ci - dessus. :up: Je note juste que le second est plus homogène que le premier, mais le refrain de ce dernier est plus fédérateur.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Répondre