Rob Halford en solo, projets parallèles, apparitions diverses

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rob a sorti un album de Noël, oui encore un, mais cette fois avec ses potes et sa famille (frère, sœur et neveu!), et non pas avec son groupe solo.
Celui-là vous pourrez vraiment l'offrir à votre mère. :D
Bon j'ai à peine écouté les extraits, même si le précédent n'était pas si dégueu que sa réputation je trouve.

En tout cas il a de l'humour quand on voit l'édition limitée avec le pull moche de Noël.
Without question, Halford is one of heavy metal's all-time great vocalists — as heard through his highly influential and groundbreaking work with JUDAS PRIEST. But over his career, he has also proven able to master a variety of other styles vocally — including holiday-themed music.

"Celestial" is also available for pre-order on Rob's artist store — with exclusive merchandise and a limited, autographed metallic-gold color version of the vinyl.

Credited to ROB HALFORD WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS, the album mixes holiday classics with all-new compositions, and will appeal to lovers of traditional holiday music and headbangers alike.

"The great thing about heavy metal is it's got these kinds of multiple dimensions," explains the man also known as the Metal God. "I think when you look at it from an outside point of view — if you're not really familiar with the metal scene — it can look pretty intimidating. And it is a very strong, powerful experience. But it comes at different levels. I think the music that we've made on 'Celestial', for example, gives a display of that. Metal maniacs — as we call ourselves — are just as ready for the holidays as everybody else. And what we've tried to do with this music is to reach out to as many of those metal dimensions as we possibly can."

And judging from the ROB HALFORD WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS banner, "Celestial" sees Halford joined by a supporting cast of those very close to him — his brother (Nigel) on drums, his nephew on bass (Alex, son of PRIEST bassist Ian Hill), has sister (Sue) on bells, and twin guitar tandem of Robert Jones and Jon Blakey.

Once all the contributors were in place, Halford "went away and listened to a lot holiday music and Christmas carols. Traditional stuff. 12 tracks — including original tracks that I'm particularly excited about. And in that way, because of the dimensions of each song and the messages of each song, I think we cover a really broad platform. To me, more than anything, I wanted it to have its own characteristics and be a little bit more different than the regular rock 'n' roll Christmas album."

Halford has certainly accomplished this goal, as evidenced by such standout originals as the album-opening title track, "Donner And Blitzen", and "Protected By The Light", as well as reworkings of such holiday standards as "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Joy To The World" and "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", among other standouts. "'Donner And Blitzen' gets the snowball rolling for 'Celestial' — a song full of excitement, love and hope," says Rob. "You can hear and feel the power of Christmas time — energy roarin' with rockin' reindeers haulin'!

"I think the holidays for any family are a mixture of fun and excitement and apprehension of the whole event," he continues. "The magic of it more than anything else. It's just a beautiful time of year — which a lot of us wish would be for every day of the year. It's a beautiful thing as far as bringing families together. So, what better way to celebrate it than with your family, friends...and music. You must have music at Christmas time."

"Celestial" track listing:

01. Celestial [new song]
02. Donner And Blitzen [new song]
03. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
04. Away In A Manger
05. Morning Star [new song]
06. Deck The Halls
07. Joy To The World
08. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
09. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. The First Noel
11. Good King Wenceslas
12. Protected By The Light [new song]

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Rob Halford en solo, projets parallèles, apparitions diverses

Message par Dark Schneider »

Je l'ai écouté une fois et jamais eu envie d'y revenir, ça n'a vraiment aucun intérêt. Bref, il s'amuse le père Rob.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Sans hésitation le meilleur album avec Rob Halford depuis Firepower :D

Franchement ça n'a pas un très grand intérêt c'est vrai, mais c'est bien foutu et je me suis surpris à l'écouter dans la voiture et ma fille adore :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Je le trouve franchement plus écoutable que Winter song car il a de vrai chansons métal. Dont ma préférée qui m'a fait beaucoup rire la première fois que je l'ai entendue:

Mais bon, c'est pas pour moi non plus ce genre d'album.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Frank Hammer
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par Frank Hammer »

Deck the Hall est bien fendard c'est clair! :D
Pareil que Cardinal, je l'ai ré-écouté quelque fois, il est pas si mal.

Enfin, je pense que l'intérêt du disque est (en partie) relatif à l'intérêt qu'on porte aux fêtes de Noël et à son esprit.
Et comme j'aime la période de Noël et le Heavy :amour:
Je mets les pieds où je veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

BAD PENNY est un groupe/projet avec quelques musiciens réputés (mais pas forcément connus) du circuit, je ne dirais pas supergroupe, hormis la présence d'Halford sur la chanson ci-dessous. Sympa par ailleurs.
En tout cas le gars derrière ce projet semble avoir un bon carnet d'adresses.
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford makes an appearance in the music video for the song "Push Comes To Shove" from the rock supergroup BAD PENNY, which features former QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS bassist Danny Miranda, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT drummer Jules Radino and guitar virtuoso/songwriter Mike Holtzman. BAD PENNY's previous releases feature former JOURNEY lead singer Steve Augeri and QUEENSRŸCHE vocalist Todd La Torre.

Halford took time prior to rehearsals for JUDAS PRIEST's most recent tour to drop the vocals to "Push Comes To Shove", a metallic, Arabic-tinged track featuring a syncopated guitar-drum battery. The track has just been released and can be streamed below.

"This song just grabbed me," Halford said. "It's mysterious, dark, and sexy." New York-based metal singer Militia Vox, who has been dubbed one of the greatest female rock vocalists of her generation, rounds out a powerhouse duet.

"Danny and I came up with the music and melody for this one," said Holtzman. "We knew we had something special… these exotic world-music elements, the inner dialogue, the heavy groove…it just needed extraordinary voices to bring it home. We are thrilled Rob and Militia agreed to sing it. They absolutely killed it."

After scoring radio hits with their debut singles, the bluesy rocker "Voices In My Head" (sung by La Torre) and the power ballad "Lose Myself" (sung by Augeri), BAD PENNY took a turn towards classic metal with "The Mirror Lies", again featuring La Torre on vocals. "Push Comes To Shove" delves further into dark and heavy territory.

"The object of this band is to tap into sounds and genres we love, and not to pigeon-hole ourselves as this-or-that," said Holtzman. "We want to keep ourselves and our listeners surprised and challenged. There are a few more cool twists and turns ahead."

For more information, visit Badpennyband.com.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Halford a été invité sur l'album de la chanteuse américaine Dolly Parton :

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Je trouve que ce genre de duo rend toujours justice à un des 2 chanteurs et là ça fait vraiment ressortir le voix de Rob Halford. Sinon la chanson... c'est un peu long.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Répondre