Anvil

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Pour financer leur prochain album, ils vont passer par une campagne de financement participatif.

Admirez les contreparties proposées :

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/anvil

:lol: :lol: :lol: :/

Exemple : 230€ pour visiter en privé la collection d'art de Robb Reiner. :up:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sans oublier 415$ pour le vibromasseur de Lips, qui d'après la description... ne fonctionne plus. :lol:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Anvil : Anvil is Anvil (nouvel album)

On en avait un peu parlé sur le sujet du précédent album, voici le nouveau pour début 2016 :
The new Anvil album "Anvil Is Anvil" will be released on February 26th, 2016 (worldwide ex Japan) as a digipak version (+1 bonus track and poster), 2LP gatefold clear version and download! Expect another masterpiece of canadian molten metal!

Tracklist :

1. Daggers And Rum
2. Up, Down, Sideways
3. Gun Control
4. Die For A Lie
5. Runaway Train
6. Zombie Apocalypse
7. Its Your Move
8. Ambushed
9. Fire On The Highway
10. Run Like Hell
11. Forgive Don't Forget
12. Never Going To Stop (bonus version digipak)

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

M'ouais bof..vu ce qu'ils font maintenant......
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

C'est vraiment pas fameux.

Pierre Desproges
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :Image
Everflow a écrit :Titre très euh... philosophique. Ou pas.
Une pochette qui n''est pas pourtant pas exempte d'un certaine réflexion.
trace la route
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par trace la route »

:D :D :up:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Guix a écrit :M'ouais bof..vu ce qu'ils font maintenant......
Ou ce qu'ils ont toujours fait...de la musique médiocre.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Putain l'extrait est nul et la pochette est moche... :hum:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Etonnant avec ANVIL ! :diable:
unchained
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par unchained »

mike-polar a écrit :Ou ce qu'ils ont toujours fait...de la musique médiocre......

"metal on metal" et "forged in fire" de la musique médiocre.......pourquoi pas mais on n'a vraiment pas la même définition du qualificatif médiocre :hum:
Quant aux derniers albums je m'en tamponne royalement.
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Ils restent un groupe culte c'est certain. Mais mis à part "Metal On Metal" et à moindre degré "Forged In Fire", on peut dire que le reste de la disco (enfin ceux que j'ai pû écouter) on est dans la CFA 2 !
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

T'as écouté Worth the Weight et Pound for Pound?
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas ce qu'ils ont fait de mieux, y compris dans ce genre de morceau lourdaud :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Anvil - Pounding the Pavement

Message par Everflow »

Pour début 2018.
Canadian metal legends ANVIL will release their new album, "Pounding The Pavement", on January 19, 2018 via SPV/Steamhammer as a digipak version (including one bonus track and poster), two-LP gatefold colored version, digital download and stream. The disc was produced at the Soundlodge studios in Rhauderfehn in the northwest of Germany, where ANVIL found not only the necessary peace and seclusion to concentrate on their recordings, but also met in studio owner Jörg Uken the ideal producer for their ambitioned work.

Why has "Pounding The Pavement" turned into such an awesome offering? Guitarist/vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow explains: "The songwriting process started immediately after the work on our previous album, 'Anvil Is Anvil', had been completed. So our thoughts instantly turned to the future again. After 'Anvil Is Anvil' had been cut, everybody knew what we had just delivered and what ANVIL's future should sound like."

Despite the diverse range of their ideas, Kudlow, drummer Robb Reiner and their bassist Chris Robertson have succeeded in filling the typical trademarks of this unusual band with life once again — which is an important aspect for every ANVIL release. After all, tradition and reliability play an essential rôle in this group. Kudlow says: "Of course we always allow inspirations from earlier recordings to seep in, but always with an emphasis on evolving the characteristic ANVIL sound.

"Lots of fans keep asking us to play the way we did in the so-called good old days. That's why I try from time to time to pick up on that exciting feel of our older material. Mind you, it's always exclusively about the basic atmosphere of that time, never about copying an older song."

The programmatic album title "Pounding The Pavement" is a synonym for the consistently serious challenge of ensuring ANVIL's financial survival. Kudlow says: "I feel nothing could describe the way we've been working for the past forty years better than 'Pounding The Pavement'. ANVIL have tried for four decades to earn enough money to survive and continue to make music."

"Pounding The Pavement" track listing:

01. Bitch In The Box (4:29)
02. Ego (2:57)
03. Doing What I Want (3:17)
04. Smash Your Face (4:20)
05. Pounding The Pavement (3:05)
06. Rock That Shit (3:21)
07. Let It Go (3:00)
08. Nanook Of The North (5:57)
09. Black Smoke (3:26)
10. World Of Tomorrow (4:37)
11. Warming Up (3:03)
12. Don´t Tell Me (3:51) (bonus track)

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/anvil- ... Y3l0yQc.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici sans doute la première chanson de l'histoire parlant d'un... GPS. :lol:
C'est nul, ridicule et compagnie, mais c'est fun!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Anvil - Legal at Last

Message par Everflow »

The official cartoon lyric video for the song "Nabbed In Nebraska" from Canadian metal legends ANVIL can be seen below. The track is taken from the band's upcoming album, "Legal At Last", due on February 14, 2020 via AFM Records as a digipak, on digital, black vinyl and some limited colored vinyl.

ANVIL, a Toronto-based group, was formed in 1978 by childhood friends, guitarist/vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow and drummer Robb Reiner. Both came from Jewish families and had been playing music together since their teens. ANVIL is considered to have been an influence on many metal bands, including METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX.

Though initially a four-piece band, ANVIL's current lineup includes Kudlow, Reiner and bassist Chris Robertson.

ANVIL gained popularity and new fans since the 2008 theatrical documentary, "Anvil: The Story Of Anvil", which is currently available on Netflix.

ANVIL recorded the new disc at Soundlodge studios in Rhauderfehn in the northwest of Germany. Speaking about the LP's musical direction, Reiner told The Metal Voice: "It's just a continuation of what we've been doing for the last four or five years, really. Some very powerful riffs. It's gonna be more smashing, crushing ANVIL."

Added Kudlow: "Of course, it's all fresh and new, but the roots are still very much ourselves. Everybody who liked us before is gonna like us still, and people who didn't like us are still not gonna like us. Ultimately, that's where it's gonna sit, 'cause I am not gonna tailor my music and my songs to the people that don't like us and hope that they will. I'm gonna do the exact opposite. The people that love us, they wanna hear specific kind of tempos and riffs, and I look for those things, 'cause it's really my vocabulary, and I'm gonna continue with that — with new subjects and new things to sing about."

He continued: "I think that this album has some of the best slow pounders and some of the best fast stuff that we've ever done. You're trying to be different 'cause you don't want it to be exactly the same, 'cause then you're just repeating yourself — you're not being creative."

Regarding the "Legal At Last" title, Reiner said: "'Legal At Last' is mainly about two things. We celebrate the legalization of the ANVIL bong because Canada changed its marijuana laws last year, which means we no longer sail close to the wind all the time. That's why the album title announces that ANVIL are legal at last. Our fans have always known that, but the public at large treated us like criminals for a long time." Kudlow added: "'Legal At Last' is our way of telling the public: 'It's okay, ANVIL are okay, you're allowed to like us at last!'"

Track listing:

01. Legal At Last
02. Nabbed In Nebraska
03. Chemtrails
04. Gasoline
05. I'm Alive
06. Talking To The Wall
07. Glass House
08. Plastic In Paradise
09. Bottom Line
10. Food For The Vulture
11. When All's Been Said And Done
12. No Time

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Anvil - Legal at Last

Message par Everflow »

Le cannabis est légal au Canada, alors ils fêtent ça :petard:

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Anvil - Impact is Imminent

Message par Everflow »

Pas de changements à prévoir, mais le premier single rappelle que Rob Reiner est un batteur différent de la masse dans le genre.
Anvil return with their new album, Impact Is Imminent, out May 20 via AFM Records. Today the band release the new single and video, "Ghost Shadow". Watch the clip below.

The Canadian trio belongs to one of the most distinctive bands of their genre, often cited as having influenced notable metal acts such as Slayer, Megadeath, Metallica or Anthrax. After 40 years in the music industry, touring the world in sold-out venues, and garnering critically acclaim for Anvil! The Story Of Anvil – the number #1 music documentary of every metalhead – the iconic band returns with their nineteenth album.

On Impact Is Imminent, Anvil fires off merciless riff attacks, relentlessly driving drums and impressive bass grooves, complemented by vocal melodies and lyrics that inevitably drill themselves into the listener’s aural tract. As always, Kudlow and founding member and drummer Robb Reiner, are at the epicentre of this heavy metal extravaganza. For the past eight years, they have been supported by bassist Chris Robertson, who not only complements the Anvil fold on a personal level, but also enhances the tracks with his powerful low frequency bass parts and backing vocals.

On the first single, "Ghost Shadow", frontman Lips states: "'Ghost Shadow' is my 6th sense telling me I'm being watched! Could be internet trolls or paranormal phenomenon! Either way the song is heavy as fuck!!"

“None of our previous albums blends music and lyrics into as tight a unit as Impact Is Imminent,” enthuses Lips on the fourteen songs on the group’s new album. “Everything comes together homogeneously. As a result, the new material sounds monolithic, right down to the very last details, both in terms of rhythm and harmonies. In the past, our studio sessions were sometimes like a little like jumping in at the deep end, with us having to improvise a lot and making decisions at short notice. Working on ‘Impact Is Imminent’, not only was there plenty of time for the songwriting process in the run-up to the recordings, but I also had the leisure to put all my ideas to the acid test and work on them until they were perfect.”

Like its three predecessors Anvil Is Anvil (2016), Pounding The Pavement (2018) and Legal At Last (2019), Impact Is Imminent was produced by Martin ‘Mattes’ Pfeiffer (U.D.O., among others) and Jörg Uken at Uken’s Soundlodge studios, so the successful combination consisting of Anvil/Pfeiffer/Uken has struck again.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Très bon. :up:
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Old school premiers albums.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Pas foufou mais sympa.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bientôt le 20ème album.
Premier single Canadian metal legends, Anvil, have released the official music video for "Feed Your Fantasy", the first single from their 20th studio album, One And Only, out June 28 via AFM Records on three different vinyl versions and as a digipak CD. Pre-order the album here, and watch the video below.

As pioneers of the genre, Anvil has forged a path of uncompromising metal excellence for over four decades, and One And Only is a testament to their enduring power and influence. Their 20th studio album showcases Anvil at their finest, delivering a relentless onslaught of blistering riffs, thunderous drums, and anthemic choruses that will leave you electrified. With tracks that resonate with the raw energy and passion that define their sound, One And Only solidifies Anvil's place as true masters of heavy metal.

Répondre