My Dying Bride - The Ghost of Orion

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Like a phoenix from the ashes, a legend rises again in 2020. MY DYING BRIDE went through some tough times last year and fought many struggles along the way, but now the British doom metal band are proud to announce their new studio album The Ghost Of Orion for 6th March 2020.

The new MY DYING BRIDE record is the product of a vibrantly creative band that is more than willing to build on their past successes. The band commented:

"A new album for a new era of MY DYING BRIDE with fresh faces and a more accessible style compared to some of their past, highly technical releases. 'The Ghost of Orion' features compositions not only of epic proportions but of intimate quality too, from death metal vocals to the pained cries of a vocalist in longing, the L.P. will raise and fall like the beautiful landscape of Yorkshire in which it was recorded. With layer upon layer of guitars both heavy and harmonic, Andrew Craighan has created a rich soundscape that is beautifully epic, enhanced with violins and keys from Shaun MacGowan along with the ominous murmur of cello from acclaimed cellist Jo Quail. And speaking of guest artists, the wondrous voice of Lindy-Fay Hella (WARDRUNA) adds an ethereal beauty to the album. Adding his particular style of drumming this time round is Jeff Singer whose percussion exploits have elevated the bands’ rhythm section to another level aided by the effortlessly stylish Lena Abe on bass guitar. Aaron Stainthorpe delivers a compelling and often disturbing performance with his own particular style of vocals offering sincere eulogies along with the visceral carnage of a soul in pain, with poetic lyrics of a quality not often seen in this genre. This collection of songs is the bands most brilliant yet, honing 30 years of experience into the well crafted offering that is 'The Ghost of Orion'."

Pre-order The Ghost Of Orion here: https://nblast.de/TheGhostOfOrion

Today, The Ghost Of Orion will be targeting our souls in form of the first single 'Your Broken Shore' - a haunting, gloomy piece driven by melancholy and deep, dark emotion.
A music video for this stunning masterpiece will be released on 10th January.
Check out the single here: https://nblast.de/MDB-YourBrokenShore

The album will be available as CD, black 2LP Gatefold, white 2LP Gatefold, red 2LP Gatefold and picture disc 2LP Gatefold.
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça s'annonce encore joyeux :D

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

très bon.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson très personnelle pour leur leader.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Album magnifique et certainement l'un de leurs meilleurs.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: My Dying Bride - The Ghost of Orion

Message par Everflow »

Déjà un nouveau EP annoncé! L'extrait est assez oppressant.

Et explications de texte dans l'esprit :
’Macabre Cabaret’ delves into the shadow empire of dark love and the consequences of unchecked sexuality. The deep passion of physical desire and its all-conquering rage over pure love is written bleakly here. A destructive essence within the soul can’t help but rear its ugly head.

“‘A Secret Kiss’ is the final and lasting mark on the soul any human will feel when the lights have dulled and nothing meaningful remains for them. All religion features a shadow creature who arrives at the point of extinction and the release of the human soul, to either guide them to majesty or allow them do fall eternally into the ether.

“‘A Purse of Gold and Stars’ is where we keep our hopes and desires and affection, perhaps in a dreamlike state, unattainable yet we still reach out for them. The trinkets and shiny baubles we call happiness and love are what we try so hard to keep close and protect. But it is never quite like that in real life and is often a struggle tainted with sadness but still, we hold the purse close and in tight cold hands.”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre