Firewind

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

^ Between Heaven and Hell est en fait leur tout premier album, normal que tu ne trouves pas de topic. :)
C'est une réédition que t'as chopée? Perso c'est l'époque de Firewind que je préfère, plus rentre-dedans, chant bien rauque, avec toujours ces excellents soli.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Rha putain OK ! Je le trouvais plus rentre-dedans ouais ! :D :D
Il a été réédité manifestement !! :mad: J'ai croisé ça via le Facebook de Gus G ! :D :bang:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind : Apotheosis - Live 2012

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en juin de leur premier album live.
Greek melodic metallers FIREWIND, who feature in their ranks current OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Gus G., will celebrate their 10th anniversary by releasing a live album on June 24 via Century Media Records in Europe. Entitled "Apotheosis - Live 2012", the CD will contain 17 songs recorded at special anniversary shows in Greece as well as all over Europe during the band's "Few Against Many" tour in 2012. With a playing time of 69 minutes, the effort is a great overview of the band's career so far, which consists of seven studio albums. It also marks FIREWIND's final release with singer Apollo Papathanasio, who decided to leave the group at the end of last year. He has since been replaced by Kelly Sundown Carpenter (ADAGIO, BEYOND TWILIGHT) as session frontman for all 2013 live activities.

The cover artwork for "Apotheosis - Live 2012", which will be released as a digipak in its first limited-edition pressing, was designed by FIREWIND's longtime partner in all design matters, Gustavo Sazes (ARCH ENEMY, ANGRA, DREAM EVIL) based on live photography by Hans-W. Rock.

"Apotheosis - Live 2012" track listing:

01. Head Up High
02. Wall Of Sound
03. Allegiance
04. Few Against Many
05. The Departure
06. Heading For The Dawn
07. Losing My Mind
08. World On Fire
09. Guitar Solo 2012
10. SKG
11. Between Heaven And Hell
12. Piano Solo
13. Edge Of A Dream
14. Mercenary Man
15. Glorious
16. Maniac
17. Falling To Pieces

Stated Gus G.: "Apotheosis = the glorification of a subject to a divine level. That is the word that came to my mind while thinking of how I could best describe the feeling and the vibe of those four anniversary shows we played in our homeland Greece and our last European headline tour in 2012! So that had to be our live album's title. You can feel the energy on these recordings, you can hear the screams of the most hardcore fans and the FIREWIND chants... it's all there. No doubt about it, it's the sheer love from our fans and supporters that has kept us alive and strong for 10 years and we wanted to celebrate all that with this album. We recorded all those shows, chose the best performances and now we can't wait to release this one!"

In a recent interview with Metal Assault, Gus G. stated about Apollo's departure: "People following the band for the past few years would know that we've had different session guys at the live shows even when Apollo was in the band because he just had to skip a few tours during the year. So whenever the schedule was getting too heavy for him and he would have to take care of stuff back home, we had to get other guys. So this time, he had to skip again and he was like, 'You know, instead of holding you guys back, I might as well just quit.' I think he did the right thing for him, for us as well, because we can only do that [getting session vocalists] so many times and we're better off trying to find a new permanent guy instead of getting replacements for a tour. So at least now we know that we have to find somebody new, and in a sense it's a bit sad, but at the same time it's some sort of relief."

Asked if Carpenter is going to be the permanent replacement for Papathanasio, Gus said: "We don't know yet. We're not going to rush that decision. We're really happy with what he's doing on stage; he's doing a really good job. But we have this tour and then we have a few festivals back home and then FIREWIND might be on hiatus for a while, so we're going to see what we're going to do."

FIREWIND's latest album, "Few Against Many", entered the official chart in Greece at No. 42 and in Germany at No. 90. Released in Europe on May 21, 2012 via Century Media Records and in North America on May 22 through DisManic, Inc. via eOne Distribution, the CD was mixed by Jason Suecof and Eyal Levi at Audiohammer Studios (TRIVIUM, ALL THAT REMAINS, DEATH ANGEL) in Sanford, Florida.

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Cool ! :D
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bien moisi ce trailer... Ca coupe presque l'envie... :/
Heureusement que j'écoute un de leurs albums en même temps, donc ça me motive grave ! :D
AUPA BO Image
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bon bah sympa ce live, mais je suis quand même un peu déçu : je m'attendais à une ambiance de folie, mais ça n'est pas le cas (du moins ça n'est pas du tout retranscrit !). :rock: :rock: :rock:
AUPA BO Image
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Ils ont recruté un nouveau chanteur, ex-Metallium notamment : Henning Basse

C'est le chanteur qui accompagne (en permanence ?) Gus G sur scène, et il avait déjà tourné avec Firewind en 2007.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Woaaaaah enormisisme bonne nouvelle !
J'adore ce groupe (même si ca partait en couille depuis 2 albums...) et je vénère Henning Basse ! :amour:
Du coup directos l'album que j'attends le plus sur les années a venir !
(ok avec le Burning Starr...)
(si !)
('fin j'attends plus grand chose de personne aussi faut dire hein, depuis le split de Lost Horizon... )
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

La bonne nouvelle c'est déjà que ça bouge ! Entre les derniers albums pas folichons et l'album solo de Gus G, du sang neuf ne va pas faire de mal !
AUPA BO Image
Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Firewind - Immortals - 2017

Message par Metal Cat »

Enfin un nouvel album depuis le live de 2012. En espérant que Firewind nous ponde une galette comme il savait le faire

Firewind·vendredi 18 novembre 2016
Greek melodic Power metal masters FIREWIND, the group led by guitar-wizard and Ozzy Osbourne band member Gus G., are proud to announce the release of their upcoming 8th studio album, ”Immortals”, which will be released on January 20th, 2017 via the band’s longtime label partner Century Media Records in Europe and AFM Records in North America.
Gus G. checked in to comment about “Immortals” and its artwork (which can be seen above!) as follows: “Today we're very happy to reveal the cover artwork for our 8th studio album. It's titled "Immortals" and it's the first concept album FIREWIND has ever made. Since we're from Greece, we thought it would be a cool idea to make a concept of Greek history and heritage. So, on this album we focused on the legendary battles of Thermopylae and Salamis during the 2nd Persian invasion of Greece in 480 BC. The artwork was once again created by our longtime collaborator, Gustavo Sazes and we feel it reflects the vibe we tried to capture on this album - Epic, Powerful, Glorious, Everlasting.”
“Immortals” marks the first time FIREWIND used an outside co-producer, working with Dennis Ward (Unisonic, Pink Cream 69), who not only engineered, mixed and mastered the album, but also co-wrote it together with Gus G.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'ai mis un moment avant de reconnaître l'ancien chanteur de Metalium...

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Pas franchement fameux ce titre... Un peu moins mou du gland que les dernières sorties cependant, attendons la suite...
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Pas grandiose cet album... Mais j'aime bien ! :D :D :oops: :oops: :oops:
AUPA BO Image
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Joli refrain (je n'ai pas compris à qui ça se réfère mais pour ceux que ça intéresse c'est de l'époque de Xerxès 1er) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Immortals - 2017

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Sortie mi mai, avec un nouveau chanteur, l'ancien de Sinbreed.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Cela ressemble un peu aux tous premiers albums du groupe, plus lourds/heavy, mais avec un chanteur allemand.

Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Polochon »

Ce que j'en avais entendu récemment avait tendance à m'ennuyer, peut-être que ça passera mieux... à voir sur l'album complet ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Firewind - Firewind 2020

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont également sorti un live pour cet album et les 20 ans du groupe, plutôt bien produit :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

10ème album en mars.
Following their anniversary live release, Still Raging, iconic hard rock power metal titans, Firewind, have announced a brand new studio album, Stand United, for a release on March 1 via AFM.

Stand United will be available as CD, LP Vinyl, digital formats and highly collectable bundles including an autographed card, a Firewind cat patch plus a ticket for the band's upcoming European tour with Masterplan (see all dates listed below). For every ticket bundle purchase, fans will also get the chance to win a Meet & Greet. The album pre-sale has just started here.

In support of their upcoming album release, today, Firewind have shared a new single taken off Stand United, the album opening track "Salvation Day". A music video can be viewed below.

For more than twenty years, Firewind have enthralled heavy music fans with their exciting blend of hard rock and power metal. Razor-sharp riffs by guitar legend Gus G (Ozzy Osbourne, Arch Enemy, Dream Evil), big hooks and solos meet the incredible vocal skills of charismatic singer Herbie Langhans (Avantasia, Radiant, Seventh Avenue, amongst others), who joined the band in 2019.

Their new offering, Stand United, features nine brand new songs produced with Dennis Ward (Magnum, Unisonic), as well as a cover of the 80s pop rock classic "Talking in Your Sleep", originally recorded by The Romantics but giving it a metal twist in the style of Firewind.

Their forthcoming, tenth studio album also bears testament to the band's sheer enthusiasm and lyrical topics that could not be more relevant. “I wouldn’t exactly call Stand United a classic concept album, but the album title indicates what we’re about thematically,” explains Gus G, who has also contributed with more lyric ideas on this one than any album before. “This world seems to be getting more and more out of balance, what with environmental disasters, the pandemic, the wars currently raging all over the globe. In such times, it’s more important than ever for mankind to stand close together instead of fighting each other. That’s what Stand United is about!”

This basic idea is also reflected in the cover artwork courtesy of Costin Chioreanu (Grave, Mayhem, among others). Says Gus: “I always loved the artwork of our debut album, which was based on a real hand painting. With Stand United being our tenth album, I wanted an equally authentic template and that’s how I came across Costin. The collage of faces on the cover represent war, greed, betrayal, but also love and unity, which are some of the album’s lyrical themes. I’m just as proud of the artwork as I am of the songs on our new album!”

Répondre