Firewind

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ils changent de chanteur et de batteur, en recrutant Apollo Papathanasio (chanteur de Time Requiem et Meduza) et Mark Cross

FIREWIND, the Greek power metal act led by guitarist Gus G. (DREAM EVIL, ARCH ENEMY), have announced the addition of singer Apollo Papathanasio (ex-MAJESTIC, TIME REQUIEM) to the group's ranks. "He is a world-class act and I'm very happy that the timing's right now and we're joining forces under the FIREWIND flag!" Gus said in a statement.

Apollo commented: "Since I met Gus in Gothenburg four years ago, we became good friends and back then we always talked about working together in the future. Now here we are together, taking the FIREWIND music to a new level. I love Gus' guitar style and it's a pleasure to listen to their music. The guys in FIREWIND are real magicians and I'm happy that you’re letting me be a part of this machinery."

In other news, the band have issued the following statement regarding their drummer situation:

"For purely logistical reasons, we've decided to get a drummer that lives in Greece. We'd like to thank Stian Kristoffersen for his amazing drumming and the great times we had together the past three years. So, out goes Stian and in comes the monster drummer Mark Cross (ex-HELLOWEEN, METALIUM)!! Although Mark is 50% German and 50% British, he’s been living in Greece for many years. This obviously makes rehearsals and preparations happen much easier."

Commented Mark: "Life's a spinning wheel and here I am aside to one of the few remaining great young guitar heros…. The Gus G. Firewindo metal fuckin' machine! Looking forward to their next album, a tour and FIREWIND heading your way!"

FIREWIND are currently in pre-production mode with eight new songs completed. The new album is expected to be recorded in early 2006 and FIREWIND plan to make their live debut with the new lineup at ProgPower UK festival on March 25, 2006.

FIREWIND's third album, "Forged by Fire", received its long-overdue U.S. release in July via Magick Records (a division of Cleopatra Records).

Gus G. recently toured with ARCH ENEMY on Ozzfest 2005 as the group's touring guitarist after Christoper Amott bowed out of that band in order to "fully concentrate on his studies at home in Sweden," according to ARCH ENEMY axeman Michael Amott.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Julien06
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Julien06 »

je trouve l'album qu'ils ont sorti cette année :up: :rock: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils font chier à changer de chanteur à chaque album, et le batteur qu'ils avaient était excellent, Mark Cross sans être mauvais c'est la catégorie au-dessous à mon avis... :(
Dommage, c'est quand même un groupe sympa...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Le nouvel album, "Allegiance", est prévu pour le 24 juillet :rock:

Century Media Records has set a July 24 European release date for the new FIREWIND album, entitled "Allegiance". The album's first single, "Falling to Pieces", will be released June 19 in Greece. It will include an edited version of the title track, the non-album track "Demon Nights" and the BLACKFOOT cover "Teenage Idol" (previously unreleased). The band have just finished shooting a video for "Falling To Pieces" with acclaimed Swedish director Patric Ullaeus (LACUNA COIL, WITHIN TEMPTATION, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR).

"Allegiance" marks FIREWIND's first release with new members Apollo Papathanasio (vocals; ex-MAJESTIC, TIME REQUIEM) and Mark Cross (drums; ex-HELLOWEEN, METALIUM).

Commented guitar wizard and band leader Gus G. (ex-DREAM EVIL, MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE): "Excited? Hell, yeah!! I can't wait until people get to hear our new album. We put so much work into it and I think it paid off in the end. It's easily the best FIREWIND album so far and the most complete effort in my career. Also, we're looking forward to going out and playing the summer festivals. We're eager to present you some of our new stuff and see the reaction!"

"Allegiance" track listing:

01. Allegiance (4:41)
02. Insanity (4:29)
03. Falling To Pieces (4:03)
04. Ready To Strike (4:35)
05. Breaking The Silence [feat. Tara] (4:03)
06. Deliverance (6:07)
07. Till The End of Time (4:36)
08. Dreamchaser (4:07)
09. Before The Storm (3:42)
10. The Essence (4:19)
11. Where Do We Go From Here? (3:57)
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
marwanoide
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par marwanoide »

un interview realisé par mon forum avec Gus G

http://metal-forum.xooit.com/t387-Inter ... guitar.htm
« Alors je me suis dit : peut-être que
j'ai le cerveau endommagé, bon, c'est
pas grave.»
Big Henry
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Big Henry »

L'album est quand même pas désagréable à écouter mais c'est vrai qu'en ce qui me concerne je préfère largement le dernier Mystic Prophecy que je trouve vraiment très sympa.
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Un groupe avec Gus G? :o :o :o
Faut absoluement que je me procure des albums!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ C'est même son groupe principal en fait, les autres sont des side projects :)
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Fangface a écrit :^ C'est même son groupe principal en fait, les autres sont des side projects :)
Ha oui? :o
Ho bah j'en apprends tout les jours! :D
En tout cas c'est bien dommage qu'il se soit barré de Nightrage!Ce mec a vraiment du talent!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Si t'aimes son jeu tu devrais être servi avec Firewind où il se lache vraiment :)

C'est du power metal (mélodique) mid tempo et bien riffu à gros son, couplé à des influences old school très "guitare" genre Dio, Scorpions, Loudness, Malmsteen, etc. En clair, ça solote pas mal :D
Du moins sur les albums précédents...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On peut écouter le nouvel album en entier, à l'adresse ci-dessous, avec un bon son pour du streaming qui plus est!

:pointer: http://ecard.centurymedia.com/firewind/firewind2.html

ça a l'air de qualité encore une fois, même si je trouve le nouveau chanteur un bon cran en-dessous des précédents...

Sinon ils font la couv' des mags grecs, et leur single est même rentré dans les charts grecs...

hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

après écoute cet album me plait pas mal, rien d'innovant mais de bonnes lignes de guitare et le chanteur est efficace!Futur aquisition donc! :bang:
Miki
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Miki »

C'est mérité. C'est un album vraiment réussi, pour un groupe qui mériterait davantage de reconnaissance. :bang:
Miki

Metal playmobil
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

L'album est sympa, mais pas transcendant quand même. Je m'en suis lassé assez vite, en fait; une petite déception pour moi.
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Herr Zed
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Herr Zed »

"Allegiance" faisait partie de mon Top 5 2006. :)

Oh, ils n'ont rien inventé, ça c'est clair, mais c'est très bien exécuté et les compos sont accrocheuses (notamment "Breaker").
Brothers of Metal
Know no masters
Metal is our religion
Take it to the grave...
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Firewind - The Premonition

Nouvel album des grecs prévu pour le 24 mars:
FIREWIND – reveal album title & artwork for their new album; touring Europe with Kamelot in April/May 2008!
Greek melodic metal sensation FIREWIND will release its successor to 2006’s highly acclaimed “Allegiance” album on March 24th, 2008. Guitarist Gus G. checks in with details on the programmatically entitled “The Premonition”:

“The Premonition” is a strong title and our drummer Mark came up with the idea. A premonition means feeling something is about to happen. We’ve worked hard the past two years and we just have a premonition that 2008 is going to be a very fun and exciting year for us as we plan to visit again many places and countries and hope to play for our fans as well as make new ones!

Of course, you can interpret the album title in any way you want. Some people might read our lyrics and see that at times they’re about the course of mankind and the so-called “end of days”. So maybe this could be taken also as a warning or omen, because it’s definitely something that has been on our minds lately.

I feel that the new FIREWIND album is yet another step up in our career – musically speaking. Once again we aimed for a highly variable effort as I really don’t like those albums where you’ve listened to the first song and it’s like you heard them all! This doesn’t happen on a FIREWIND album and certainly not on the new one!
Et la pochette:
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Pochette excellente :up:

Ce groupe est vraiment enorme
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

J'attends ça de pied ferme moi aussi :up: :up: :up: :rock:
Gh0sT
Lost & Damned
Lost & Damned

Message par Gh0sT »

Je ne connais que de nom... Je découvrirai ca en avril en première partie de Kamelot :D
hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Ouais vivement qu'on voit ca en live! :rock: (même si je ne pense j'ai du mal avec le chanteur de Firewind en fin de compte! :/ mais bon ya Gus G :guitare:)
Monty Burnes
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Monty Burnes »

:bang: Firewind c'est bien !!!!!!!!! :bang:

Juste dommage qu'ils aient pas gardé Chity Somapala (CIVILIZATION ONE) :,( :,( , de loin leur meilleur chanteur à mon goût.

Déjà vus en première partie d'Angra, super, vivement le 11 avril, je trouve qu'ils mériteraient la tête d'affiche mais bon.... :/

Un premier morceau "Mercenary man" en écoute sur leur myspace depuis hier :

http://www.myspace.com/firewind

:rock:
I lived in magic solitude of cloudy looking mountains...
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

Lady Evil a écrit :Juste dommage qu'ils aient pas gardé Chity Somapala (CIVILIZATION ONE) :,( :,( , de loin leur meilleur chanteur à mon goût......je trouve qu'ils mériteraient la tête d'affiche mais bon.... :/ :rock:
entierement d'accord avec toi!! :diable:
Modifié en dernier par Holy Cross le 03 févr. 2008, 00:58, modifié 1 fois.
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Bah moi pas d'accord ! :D

Quand je les ai vu en première partie d'Angra j'ai trouvé ça assez bateau... :(
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
houyoux hervé
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par houyoux hervé »

vivement la sorti!!!!!!!!!!!!
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

Lady Evil a écrit :::

Juste dommage qu'ils aient pas gardé Chity Somapala (CIVILIZATION ONE) :,( :,( , de loin leur meilleur chanteur à mon goût.

:rock:
j'ai encore jamais écouté avec chity,mais j'adore apolo et je trouve sa performance sur "allegiance" tout a fait remarquable,une voix chaude légerement rocailleuse qui m'avait comblé déja du temps de MAJESTIC.
Répondre