Fates Warning - Long Day Good Night

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

L'album de l'année sort en novembre

Premier single ici:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Fates Warning - Long Day Good Night

Message par Everflow »

Plus de substance que l'album solo d'Alder déjà. :) Bon il n'est pas si mal, mais du Fates c'est autre chose.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une nouvelle chanson single.
On November 6, FATES WARNING will release its new album, "Long Day Good Night", via Metal Blade Records. The official lyric video for the disc's second single, "Now Comes The Rain", can be seen below.

FATES WARNING has been a formidable presence in progressive metal for more than 35 years, helping to shape and drive the genre without ever compromising its integrity or losing relevance. They return in 2020 with "Long Day Good Night", the most epic and longest album of its storied career, mixed by Joe Barresi.

"The styles of music we've written distinguish this record from the rest of our catalogue," states vocalist Ray Alder. "There are some songs with electronics and some with a nice ethereal feel, as well as some pretty straightforward grooves, at least for us. And there are also some pretty heavy songs. We tried to give the listener a host of different things to listen to, as opposed to an album where every song sounds the same." As such, the album is something of a rollercoaster ride, moving through various moods and making for perhaps their most vital release to date.

Guitarist Jim Matheos began writing the album in mid-2019, working closely with Alder for about a year, honing the songs, completing 13 for their 13th full-length — which, uncoincidentally, has a total running time of 72:22. Despite their long history of making records, Alder makes it clear that the songs take a lot of work to realize.

"Like all albums, nothing comes easy," he says. "It's quite a process to go from the idea to the actual finished song. Sometimes you think you're done with it, then you hear something else and you have to try that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but you at least have to try it just so you know that in the end you've done everything possible to make it as good as it can be. Jim and I spent practically every day for the last year writing this album. I am very happy with the outcome, and with the blend of styles. I guess I could say that this album represents all of the years that we have been together."

The record also features guest appearances from touring guitarist Mike Abdow, who contributed some solos, plus PORCUPINE TREE/THE PINEAPPLE THIEF drummer Gavin Harrison, who plays on "When Snow Falls". "Under The Sun" sees the band incorporating a full string section for the first time.

"Long Day Good Night" track listing:

01. The Destination Onward
02. Shuttered World
03. Alone We Walk
04. Now Comes The Rain
05. The Way Home
06. Under The Sun
07. Scars
08. Begin Again
09. When Snow Falls
10. Liar
11. Glass Houses
12. The Longest Shadow Of The Day
13. The Last Song
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout est déjà en ligne.

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Enfin acheté et écouté. Long et dense, ce n'est pas après une seule écoute que je vais dire s'il est génial ou juste moyen mais il y a quand même plusieurs bons plans qui ressortent dés la première écoute. Va falloir approfondir pour l'apprécier comme il se doit.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

voui je l'ai depuis un moment mais il peine à me captiver... les deux albums précédents me donnaient plus envie de les remettre en boucle. Entre le déjà-entendu et le manque de tension, je suis un poil circonspect sur mon avis définitif, ce qui est sûr c'est qu'il est pas mauvais :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment cela restera le dernier album du groupe, Jim Matheos ne veut plus écrire de nouvelles chansons... ce qui explique pourquoi Ray Alder sort régulièrement des albums solo désormais.
Le groupe se contentera de donner quelques concerts à présent.
"With FATES, after we did the last album and Jim [Matheos, guitar] saying he doesn't wanna write any more FATES WARNING music, I have to do something," he explained (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). "I'm a singer. I can't just get a normal job. I mean, music is my life; it's been my life since I was 16 years old. I've been in bands — shit, since I was 14 years old I've been in bands. The first time I ever sang, I think, I was 14, [in] my brother's band. So it's my life. I don't know what else I would do otherwise."

Pressed to clarify if Jim really said that he wasn't interested in writing any more FATES WARNING music, Ray said: "Yeah. [He said it] when we did [2020's] 'Long Day Good Night' [album]. That was basically his saying he doesn't wanna write any more FATES WARNING music. It doesn't mean we won't ever tour again. I would love to tour again, and Jim would as well; we've already discussed it. It's just a matter of getting everyone together. Joey's [Vera, bass] in five or six different bands. And Bobby Jarzombek, Bobby's now playing with George Strait, one of the biggest country music stars in the world, and Bobby's his drummer now. But George doesn't really do normal tours; he does one-off shows now and then. And so it's really hard for Bobby to leave for more than a week or two to be on tour. So we've been trying to deal with that lately. But next year is the fortieth anniversary of FATES WARNING, so we're discussing doing a few shows next year around the world. Not a full tour, but some shows every few weeks or months apart. So hopefully that'll work. We'll see."

Asked if that means that there will be no more new FATES WARNING music in the future, Ray said: "It doesn't seem like it. I can't speak for Jim. Of course I would love to, and everybody else would, but at this point I don't think Jim wants to write any more."

As for why he thinks Jim isn't interested in making any more FATES WARNING music, Alder said: "You've gotta ask him, man. You've gotta ask him. I can't speak for him. Sorry."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

C'est bien dommage que cela se termine ainsi... :/ Il n'y a plus qu'à espérer que l'on puisse les revoir en live
Répondre