Artillery

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Tony_M
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Tony_M »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ah yes!! Vivement les premiers extraits!! :bang:
Tony_M
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Tony_M »

Metal Blade is happy to announce November, 26th as the release date for Artillery (The Official Page)'s new album, Legions! Fans can stream the first single, "Chill My Bones," and pre-order the album at http://www.metalblade.com/artillery.

ARTILLERY comments: "With the release of 'Legions' we feel that we have played our strongest card since the early days of 'By Inheritance'. With a killer production, some great new songs done by a strong and dedicated line-up, we are looking forward to support 'Legions' all the way! We can't wait to tour and meet the Legions of thrashers out there! This album is for you!"

Denmark's ARTILLERY is easily appointed one of Europe's earliest exponents of Thrash Metal, and the band's contribution to the bourgeoning genre is difficult to ignore. The Danish quartet successfully managed to fuse an abrasive brutality with technicality and strong melodies, with the noteworthy guitar leads of the Stützer-brothers serving as highlights.

Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

J'attendais avec impatience les premiers extraits, pour voir s'ils continueraient dans la lignée quelque peu "mystique" de My blood (car si j'aime mon thrash épuré à l'extrême, je trouve certains ajouts délicieux).

Là je suis donc plus que comblée, musicalement parlant...mais la voix du nouveau chanteur (encore?), non, non, bien trop gentille, bien trop douce :,( :,(

'tain la déception, ça plus celle de Warbringer, c'est le mois de la déprime. :(
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

ouaip c'est un peu mollasson comme voix... mais j'ai encore plus de mal avec le nouveau logo de Metal Blade :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

J'avais plutôt bien apprécié cette découverte au Bang Your Head. Alors là musicalement j'adore c'est clair, mais vocalement ça passe moins bien! :/
Bon je vais attendre d'autres extraits pour me faire un avis plus définitif.
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

pourtant c'est le même chanteur qu'au Bang Your Head ;)
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

c'est toujours la même rengaine sur la question du chant avec artillery depuis quelques années. :(
Enfin, heureusement, ily a du riff qui déboîte comme toujours avec ce groupe! :bang:
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Cardinal-Sin a écrit :pourtant c'est le même chanteur qu'au Bang Your Head ;)
Ce genre de voix sonne souvent plus agressive en live j'ai l'impression, là on va espérer... :/
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je la trouve excellentissime cette chanson, nouveau chanteur inclus :bang: Bien meilleur que le précédent.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

Ca a l'air pas mal en effet! :bang:

J'ai trouvé "my blood" correct sans plus, alors que l'avant dernier "when death comes", je le trouve excellent! :bang:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Tony_M
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Tony_M »

J'adhère totalement au nouveau chanteur que ce soit en live ou en studio!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'approuve :bang:
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

J'aime bien ce 2ème extrait ! :bang:
Sur le premier la voix était quand même bien molle du gland...
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Tony_M
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Tony_M »

:amour:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Artillery - Penalty By Perception

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le nouvel album des danois sortira le 25 mars via Metal Blade.

Tracklist :

1. In Defiance Of Conformity
2. Live By The Scythe
3. Penalty By Perception
4. Mercy Of Ignorance
5. Rites Of War
6. Sin Of Innocence
7. When The Magic Is Gone
8. Cosmic Brain
9. Deity Machine
10. Path Of The Atheist
11. Welcome To The Mind Factory
12. Liberty Of Defeat (bonus)

Avec Hank Shermann, Michael Denner (Mercyful Fate) et Morten Sandager (Pretty Maids) en invités.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Avec ce chanteur ils me font penser à Paradox...
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

je trouve que la voix colle pas a la musicale, ca meriterais une voix plus agressive
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Des fois je me dis que ce décalage est intéressant, mais des fois je me dis que ça sonne creux face à Flemming Rönsdorf qui déchirait tout :mad:

Nouveau clip ci-dessous, plutôt mélodique également. J'aime bien!
(A noter la prononciation du titre de la chanson bien foireuse :D)

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En écoute intégrale, je dois dire que je suis agréablement surpris à quel point ça retourne la paillasse :

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/artill ... adlines%29
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas cette chanson par contre, mais bon ça change un peu.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Artillery - The Face Of Fear

Message par Everflow »

Ces riffs :bang:
November 16th will see Artillery release their new album, The Face Of Fear, the successor to 2016's Penalty By Perception. The Face Of Fear is the band's 9th studio album and was recorded with long-time producer Soren Andersen at Medley Studios. For a preview of the record, a new official video for the title track can be viewed below as well as other details.

Producer Soren Andersen comments on album: "Pure and raw! Some of the material of this album was originally written in the early 80′s, and that inspired us to go old school this time. Not too many layers, just classic Artillery thrash metal…And Bastholm is better than ever on this one. This is a no-filler album, created together with the band. I'm really proud of the final result and I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I do."

Artillery comments the video: "Most of the scenes for the video were shot at Amager strand park right outside of Copenhagen. And the live scenes go back to when the band visited Japan and played at the 'Thrash Dominations' together with Exodus, Voivod and Sanctuary. The video was shot by the band's good friend Terkel Christensen, who also did the video "When The Magic Is Gone", from the last album Penalty By Perception. The song is about dealing the end of man by himself. We create our own phobia about the destruction of the world, but remain disrespectful to the globe."

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Les riffs et solis sont souvent bons avec ce groupe, mais je n'accroche pas vraiment au chant du dernier chanteur en date (Michael Bastholm Dahl). :/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Même chose que toi...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Artillery - The Last Journey

Message par Everflow »

Single avec l'ancien chanteur (si seulement il pouvait revenir!), suivi d'une reprise de Metallica :
Artillery has released the new song "The Last Journey" - featuring former singers Flemming Rønsdorf and Søren Adamsen - digitally and on vinyl via Metal Blade Records. The B-side features a cover of Metallica's "Trapped Under Ice". Listen below.

"The Last Journey" is dedicated to the memory of former Artillery guitarist Morten Stützer, who passed away in October 2019.

Comments the band: "When Artillery lost Morten in October last year, we decided to do a song to honor him. The song is called 'The Last Journey' and features former singers Søren Adamsen and Flemming Rønsdorf together with the rest of the band. A very epic song. The B side is also one of Morten's and Artillery's fave songs, a cover of Metallica's 'Trapped Under Ice', which they put the final touches on in our and Mercyful Fate's rehearsal room, which they borrowed just before recording it in Sweet Silence in 1984."

Both songs have been recorded and produced in Medley Studio by Søren Andersen.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Artillery - X

Message par Everflow »

10ème album des danois, après le décès d'un des guitaristes d'origine.
On May 7, Artillery will release their tenth full-length, X, via Metal Blade Records. For a first preview of X, the new single, "In Thrash We Trust", can be heard below.

In the mid-1980s, Denmark's Artillery established themselves as being at the cutting edge of the thrash movement, and nearly forty years later, they continue to destroy. Returning with their tenth - and aptly titled - full-length X, they prove once again that they have not missed a step, delivering a record that's ruthlessly heavy, catchy and pure molten metal.

"We wanted to have the typical Artillery trademarks, like the riffs and hook lines in the usual combination together with aggression and melody. We always try to combine melodic thrash metal with elements from the heavy sounds of the 70s and the 80s, and this time with new elements in some of the songs," says guitarist Michael Stützer. "We don't have to push ourselves hard when we're writing a record because we love what we're doing."

Sadly, guitarist - and Stützer's brother - Morten Stützer passed in 2019, which understandably affected the band. Having played a big part in shaping Artillery's songs and appearing on every album up to 2018's riveting The Face Of Fear, his loss is a real blow. "It was tough, even if he did not play live with us since 2016, he was always supporting us. Morten was a unique musician and writer and a very humorous guy, and following his death was the first time ever I thought about stopping playing music. But, he always said that I had to go on with Artillery and continue playing if he was not there anymore. He will be missed so much." Admitting it was very strange entering into the writing process without him, the brothers typically playing off each other a lot, they still managed to pull things together, helped by the contributions of new guitarist Kræn Meier, who has been playing live with the band since 2017.

X was tracked in Medley Studio in Copenhagen, Denmark with producer Søren Andersen, who the band have worked with on every record since 2009's When Death Comes. As well as his production work, Andersen contributed some keyboards to "The Ghost Of Me", also adding some effects to a few other songs, and the band recruited their drivers/merch men to contribute some backing vocals on four tracks. With the record in the can, the band are able to start to look toward what is next, hoping the Coronavirus pandemic passes soon so that they can get back on the road, but now is also a good time for reflecting on what they have achieved at this point in their lengthy career. "It feels great and awesome to have been going for nearly forty years. I'm so glad, and I am so lucky that I can do what I love the most, making albums and touring for our awesome fans. If anyone had told me forty years ago that I would have made ten albums and played in over sixty different countries, I wouldn't have believed it."

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Artillery - X

Message par Mc Brain »

Cool pour le nouvel album, j'aime bien ce qu'ils font en général! :bang:
Leur guitariste avait 57 ans, je ne savais pas qu'il était décédé. Encore un qui est parti bien vite.
Sinon, la pochette, bof, ça manque d'originalité.
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Répondre