UDO : Live in Bulgaria 2020 - Pandemic Survival Show

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

5ème album live du groupe, enregistré en pleine pandémie.
U.D.O., the German metal band fronted by ex-ACCEPT singer Udo Dirkschneider, will release its fifth live album, "Live in Bulgaria 2020 - Pandemic Survival Show", on March 19 via AFM Records.

Last year forced many to face tough challenges, but U.D.O. managed to play a great show on September 18, 2020 under pandemic conditions in front of 2,500 fans at the Roman Amphitheatre in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, making it not only one of the world's grandest shows under coronavirus, but also certainly beyond compare. This is exactly the feeling that the live recording captures.

The mood and emotions captured on the live DVD can barely be put into words. It is the only concert that U.D.O. played in 2020 and is an impressive example of what, with a huge amount of effort and planning, can actually be done during the pandemic. For decades, U.D.O. was renowned for playing up to 200 shows worldwide every year but in 2020, they too have been brought to a standstill.

Up until a few days before the concert in Plovdiv, it was not clear whether it could take place at all. Could the necessary hygiene regime be implemented? Could the band, whose musicians live in four different countries, even enter Germany? What would it be like, after more than nine months since the musicians had seen each other (by far the longest time since the band's existence) to be back on stage together?

"It felt more than strange not seeing my fellow musicians for so long and not playing with them," says Udo. "Normal is exactly the largest part of my life. It was suddenly switched off. The interpersonal relationships, sitting together, everything that you share with your colleagues away from the stage, suddenly disappeared."

When, after all the trials and tribulations in Plovdiv, the band finally took the stage, a never-ending wave of euphoria from the audience swelled towards them, leading everything to feel a little unreal. "We just felt goose bumps," says Udo. "You could tell by the people that they could hardly believe they were finally going to see a concert again. The mood that emanated from each one of them and us gave us all an incredible boost. None of us have ever experienced anything like this before."

The setlist this evening was also unique. In addition to songs that were performed during the "Steelfactory" tour, there were a number of tracks that had rarely been played live, and because the situation was extra special, U.D.O. delighted the audience by playing some ACCEPT hits.

"Live in Bulgaria 2020 - Pandemic Survival Show" will be made available as a CD/DVD, Blue-ray/CD and limited vinyl (audio only).

Track listing:

CD1

01. Tongue Reaper
02. Make The Move
03. Midnight Mover
04. Wrong Side Of Midnight
05. Metal Machine
06. Independence Day
07. Rose In The Desert
08. Vendetta
09. Rising High
10. Prologue: The Great Unknown
11. In The Darkness
12. I Give As Good As I Get
13. Princess Of The Dawn

CD2

01. Timebomb
02. Drum Solo
03. Bass Solo
04. Hungry And Angry
05. One Heart One Soul
06. Man And Machine
07. Animal House
08. They Want War
09. Metal Heart
10. Fast As Shark
11. Balls To The Wall
12. Outro (Stillness Of Time)

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

C'est vrai qu'il en sort beaucoup ces dernières années et toujours dans les pays de l'est
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Il devait pas abandonner définitivement les reprises d'ACCEPT après la parenthèse DIRKSCHNEIDER ... ? :hum: :hum: :hum: :nul:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: UDO : Live in Bulgaria 2020 - Pandemic Survival Show

Message par Everflow »

Dave a écrit :
23 janv. 2021, 09:17
C'est vrai qu'il en sort beaucoup ces dernières années et toujours dans les pays de l'est
Oui, bizarrement un seul en Allemagne : Mastercutor Alive. Sauf si on compte le Dirskchneider.
Sinon 2 en Russie, et désormais 2 en Bulgarie.

Mais aucun album live sans reprise d'Accept il me semble, alors qu'ils ont pourtant donné des concerts 100% UDO ces dernières années. Pas en 2020 visiblement.
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

olivier64 a écrit :
23 janv. 2021, 18:12
Il devait pas abandonner définitivement les reprises d'ACCEPT après la parenthèse DIRKSCHNEIDER ... ? :hum: :hum: :hum: :nul:
Je comprends pas non plus... Mais je parie qu'entre 2021 et 2022, il y aura des concerts de Dirkschneider avec uniquement des morceaux de U.D.O. :true:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

olivier64 a écrit :
23 janv. 2021, 18:12
Il vient de reconnaître qu'il s'était un peu avancé à l'époque, et qu'en gros il a changé d'avis. :D
Five years after announcing that he would embark on a special tour during which he would perform ACCEPT songs one last time under the DIRKSCHNEIDER banner before closing that chapter for good, former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider is continuing to play ACCEPT material at select shows, including at the September 18, 2020 U.D.O. concert in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, which was released on DVD and Blu-ray last month.

Asked in a new interview with Made In Metal if he still gets asked about ACCEPT by various journalists around the world, Udo said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Not [by] that many anymore. I think this is now over. Sometimes they ask me, 'Do you listen to what they are doing?' I say, 'Yes.' I mean, of course, [on] YouTube, you see [clips of the current ACCEPT band], and, of course, I hear that. But this is, in a way, far away for me. Of course, it's my history — I was doing ACCEPT; I was creating ACCEPT. I think this is over.

"[People ask me] maybe [there can be] a reunion or something like that. No — there will be no reunion," he continued. "For what? It makes no sense. So if I really have the feeling to say, 'I wanna just do another evening with only ACCEPT songs,' I can do that. And the good thing is I can do it not under U.D.O., I can do it with DIRKSCHNEIDER. And the people know if I'm coming [to their town] with DIRKSCHNEIDER, [the set] will be [only] ACCEPT songs. I don't know — maybe in two years, or whatever, maybe I'll say, 'Okay, let's maybe do another tour with only ACCEPT songs.' Everything is open for me, and that's a good thing. I have the [collaboration with the] orchestra, I have U.D.O., and sometimes I'm working on some side projects. I can do what I want, and that's good."

Dirkschneider also left the door open for U.D.O. to perform select ACCEPT songs in the future, just as it did at the aforementioned Bulgarian concert. "Maybe it can happen," he said. "Maybe I was too quick to say, after three years of playing ACCEPT songs with DIRKSCHNEIDER — it was nearly three years — maybe I was, in a way, a little bit tired. That was also not planned. Normally, it was planned just to say, [let's] make, like, 10 or 15 special shows. After this, maybe I was a little bit too quick to say I'd never play any ACCEPT songs with U.D.O. anymore. Maybe it can happen, the last three songs [of the U.D.O. set] — not in the main set, but maybe two or three songs [at the end], we [can say], 'Okay, [let's] make people happy and say, thank you very much and bye-bye.'

"When Ronnie James Dio was alive, one night he was talking also about all these old songs — the classic stuff. In a way, he said, 'Yeah, sometimes I'm really tired to do this' — all this 'Holy Diver' and also BLACK SABBATH stuff — but he said, 'In the end, the people are coming to a show and they paid for this; they wanna hear this. You are the voice of these songs. You are the voice of ACCEPT, and the people wanna hear the original one.' It's nothing against the other singer — maybe he's doing a good job — but the people, they wanna hear also this classic stuff. He said also, 'Can you imagine DEEP PURPLE without 'Smoke On The Water'? No. Not possible.' In the end, he said, give the people what they want. But for me, it's, like, I can do both. If I really wanna do only ACCEPT songs, I [can do it with] DIRKSCHNEIDER. And in U.D.O., it's maybe then a surprise, [playing] some ACCEPT stuff in the end [of the set]. I mean, of course, U.D.O. has a huge fanbase after 30 years. And they say, 'You don't need to play any ACCEPT songs anymore.' ACCEPT, they're still around — only one [original] guy left. They say, 'Okay, the people hear the songs there. It's maybe not the original voice, but they're doing a good job.' But for me, it's also, I can [choose to] do it or not. And that's it."
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Je crois qu'il nous prend vraiment pour des cons.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Je vais prendre sa défense en disant qu'on peut tous changer d'avis et il est assez honnête là-dessus. Mais je comprends les sentiment d'être pris pour un imbécile, bien que je dirais qu'il ne doit rien à personne.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

the fab a écrit :
11 avr. 2021, 20:07
Je crois qu'il nous prend vraiment pour des cons.
Ah non, en fait t'as raison. Sur son site, je viens de lire qu'il prépare un truc avec Dirkschneider & the Old Gang.
On April 2nd, the single called “Where The Angels Fly” came out, which has been bubbling the rumor mill for weeks: when the video for the song went online, it triggered a huge social media storm. DIRKSCHNEIDER & THE OLD GANG have already achieved more than two million clicks on YouTube!

The name practically explains what is behind the music project: Rock legend Udo Dirkschneider gathered his closest peer group around him in autumn 2020 and founded a spectacular new project.
The first concrete information is already available about the details of Dirkschneider & The Old Gang - in addition to Udo, his son Sven, the former Accept members, bassist Peter Baltes and guitarist Stefan Kaufmann, as well as singer Manuela Bibert are also on board - the extent “of this prominent formation and their further plans will only be announced in the coming weeks. Just this much: Anyone who had previously believed that they already knew all the essentials is mistaken. Dirkschneider & The Old Gang started with a sensational video, but only vaguely indicated the entire dimension. So keep your eyes and ears open: From now on it will be really exciting!
Donc si j'ai bien compris maintenant, il a
- U.D.O.
- Dirkschneider (avec le même line-up que U.D.O.)
- Drikschneider & the Old Gang (avec un line-up différent de Dirkschneider)

A quand U.D.O. & the Old Gang qui jouerait des vieux morceaux. Et plus tard The Old Gang without Dirkschneider qui jouerait uniquement des morceaux d'U.D.O. ?
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ou encore U.D.O & Dirkschneider qui jouerait uniquement du Old Gang?

Bon en gros The Old Gang c'est Accept sans Hoffman d'après ce que je comprends, il ne leur manque plus que Herman Frank!
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Everflow a écrit :
12 avr. 2021, 13:26
Ou encore U.D.O & Dirkschneider qui jouerait uniquement du Old Gang?
Excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everflow a écrit :
Bon en gros The Old Gang c'est Accept sans Hoffman
C'est pour ça que même si on aura jamais une reformation d'Accept "original", on pourrait avoir the Old Gang feat Dirkschneider feat Hoffman (qui ne jouerait que du Herman Frank :mad: )

Everflow a écrit :
il ne leur manque plus que Herman Frank!
Ce serait une super nouvelle, même s'il tourne en rond niveau compo ces dernières années.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

En lisant ça je me dis que LEMETAL ressemble à LESFEUXDELAMOUR. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Répondre