Amorphis - Live At Helsinki Ice Hall

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour patienter.
While concerts and cheering crowds seem to be a long lost echo from the past these days, melancholic progressive metallers, Amorphis, bring back some of the life and incomparable energy that many of us have been missing so desperately. Recorded during a special hometown show that took place on December 7th, 2019, little did the Finns know that this would be one of their last concerts before the pandemic outbreak in early 2020. With 15 tracks in total and a running time of over one and a half hours, Amorphis take you on a journey through their past, showcasing their best songs from the last 30 years that saw the band turn into one of Finland's finest metal exports.

"Helsinki Ice Hall, what can I say... the very same venue where we used to see bands like Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Metallica and many many more back in the 80’s when we were kids”, Tomi Koivusaari contemplates when thinking of the show. “I’m sure we all dreamed about playing there someday. In our hometown Helsinki, where it all started with Amorphis 30 years ago. So I’d say we had a special feeling at that gig, the last one of the tour in Finland for that year. I guess this recording is a very honest picture of us playing live, nothing is fixed afterwards, except mightily mixed and mastered of course. When I listened to it a while ago, I realized how much I miss playing live. And yet we have no idea when it will be possible next, in this crazy situation with Covid and all... So, stay healthy, take care and shine on you all, see you hopefully soon on tour. We will."

Live At Helsinki Ice Hall will be available as 2CD digipak and download/stream. The 2LP version of this show is exclusively available in the "Vinyl Collection 2006 – 2020" boxset, also out on May 21.

Pre-order Live At Helsinki Ice Hall here. Pre-save Live At The Helsinki Ice Hall here. Pre-order Vinyl Collection 2006 - 2020 here.

With the captivating live anthem "Daughter Of Hate", one of Finland's greatest exports deliver the first excerpt of their upcoming Live At Helsinki Ice Hall. Watch the video below.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Bon alors c'est vraiment pour patienter hein... Passé les premiers instant et le bonheur d'écouter des hits on se rend vite compte que ce live nous est vraiment offert sans avoir tenté de l'embellir. Enfin foutre c'est quand même un double live alors pourquoi ne pas avoir tenté des surprises au niveau de la playlist ou au niveau du packaging... Un simple livret avec le minimum de pages, quelques photos, pas de texte ni rien, le minimum syndical. Le son, pas fameux... des guitares en retraits voire absentes, Joutsen par contre poussé bien à fond, ce qui retire énormément de puissance à certaines chansons... Non vraiment les mecs auraient pu faire mieux, là ça sent vraiment l'objet fait un vendredi soir en fin de journée avant de partir à l'apéro en se disant "ça nous fera du pognon pour quand les restau re-ouvriront"... Je conseillerai aux gens qui souhaiteraient l'acheter d'attendre que des types le revendent chez Gibert Joseph ou OCD.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

production radio pop/rock, dommage en effet.
Répondre