Heavy Water : Biff Byford (Saxon) avec son fils

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce serait dans la lignée de son album solo.
Silver Lining Music has set a July 23 release date for "Red Brick City", the debut album from HEAVY WATER, the new project featuring SAXON's Biff Byford and son Seb Byford of NAKED SIX.

Soaked in gritty, riff-baked blues, yet rich with the sound and metre of classic hard rock, "Red Brick City"'s ten songs refuses to let you go. From the taut, elastic swing of the "Solution" riff to the rich, layered balladic strains of "Tree In The Wind", the LP moves with the class and cadence of a cracking journey uniting vintage rock 'n' roll sensibilities with the crackle and excitement of a fresh, youthful perspective.

With Seb on guitar and Biff on bass duties and both providing their vocal talents, the foundations for HEAVY WATER's sound are set in both that incredible father-and-son chemistry and a lifetime of know-how and experiences. Take the title track — and first single — "Red Brick City", all steam and smoulder wrapped around a riff SOUNDGARDEN would've been proud of, and then there's the sun-soaked smile of "Follow This Moment" with harmonies evoking the BEACH BOYS relayed through LED ZEPPELIN, a gorgeous 1970s trip right down to the fadeout. Produced by Seb Byford and Biff Byford, with Jacky Lehmann mastering, "Red Brick City" is a rich, lustrous ride through profoundly rewarding rock waters.

The "Red Brick City" single and video will be released this Friday, May 7.

This past March, Biff told Sweden's RockSverige that HEAVY WATER is musically similar to that of Byford's first solo album, "School Of Hard Knocks", which came out in February 2020. "The songs are also, stylistically, very similar to the [SACXON's] 'Inspirations' album," he explained. "There's some laid-back stuff and there's some heavy stuff. I wouldn't say there's any prog rock on there, but there are definitely two or three metal tracks on there. Seb's a great songwriter, and he likes to play heavy guitar riffs, so I'm sure people will be interested."

Asked what it's like working with his son, Biff said: "It's pretty cool. We're both pretty set in our ways, so it's working really well. It's great for me and for him, really. I'm getting off on his excitement and his first time doing things, and he gets off on my that wisdom that I've learned over the years."

"Inspirations" was released in March via Silver Lining Music. The 11-track effort contains some of the classic rock songs that influenced Biff and the rest of SAXON.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce titre sonne début années 90, genre Soundgarden, un peu stoner aussi. Le fiston a une bonne voix.
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Il y a des accents bluesy également.

Sympathique transmission de génération. :up:
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Mouais....
Je trouve ça bof, de mon point de vu évidemment, j'attends d'avoir plus de titres pour juger définitivement
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En duo avec fiston.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »