Yngwie Malmsteen - Parabellum

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Outre le chant, les "claviers" ont été joués par lui à la guitare.

Sur l'extrait, le solo est emprunté à Paganini. Pour tout le reste vous connaissez/devinez déjà le contenu avant d'avoir écouté. :D
Yngwie Malmsteen will release his new studio album titled "Parabellum" on July 23 via Music Theories Recordings/Mascot Label Group. The lyric video for the disc's first single, "Wolves At The Door", can be seen below.

The name of Yngwie Malmsteen has always stood for uncompromising excellence. In a career that now spans more than 40 years he has proven himself to be a unique artist. You can try to categorize him in any way you wish. But the manner in which this supreme Swedish craftsman has continually developed his music makes Malmsteen sublimely transcend any definition you attempt to impose.

He now has a catalog of 21 solo studio albums, each of which has much to commend. Moreover, the guitarist played a crucial rôle in helping to establish ALCATRAZZ as a significant force in the 1980s. Malmsteen's artistry has always clearly incorporated a healthy virtuosity, but his talent goes well beyond a comprehensive control of the guitar. The man is a fine composer and, on recent releases, has also showcased a strong vocal presence.

One aspect of his approach has always shone through, and that is an abidingly deep respect for the music he plays. Malmsteen has constantly done whatever it takes to bring out all of the color, shade and hue embedded in each one of his compositions. Merely doing a very good job isn't an option. He wants to go — and does go — well beyond such limitations, into the rarefied realms inhabited by an elite number of timeless masters. This has never been more focused and informed than on "Parabellum". Malmsteen shares, "I always try to push myself on every album I do, and attempt things which are more extreme than previously. But what has helped this time is that I wasn't able to go on the road because of the pandemic. It meant I could take much longer in the studio, both to write and record. Because I am usually always on tour, which is great, I haven't had the luxury of spending a lot of time working on new music for more than 20 years. But I suddenly had no pressure at all on that front. And I feel the album has benefited enormously as a result."

There are instances when musicians can have so much time available to them for the purposes of recording and writing that what comes out of the process is a little stilted and overthought. But that is never the case here. He reflects: "I am the sort of person who doesn't like to do take after take after take of any track. If something isn't to my satisfaction, I'll move on. But there were occasions with this album when I dismissed something because I thought it was a stinker. I went back a couple of days later, listened to it and wondered why I thought it stank in the first place! That's the beauty of having everything available you've done through Pro Tools. Nothing is lost. Things were changing all the time. Song titles, tempos. Everything was fluid. I would listen to a part I had done for one specific song, and realise it worked better if I transposed it into another track."

Four of the songs here feature vocals. But once more, this wasn't mapped out in advance. Malmsteen offers: "I love to listen back to what I've done in the car. Sometimes I find myself singing along to what was supposed to be an instrumental. That's when I realize this song does need vocals. The opposite happens as well."

On occasion, it does sound as if Malmsteen has surely incorporated keyboards into the fabric of the album's sonic tapestry. But this is not the case. He reveals: "I can assure you that, while it may seem as if there are keyboards, everything has been done by myself on guitar. Even what sounds like a piano intro to 'Wolves At The Door', the opening track, has been played on guitar." This particular composition also includes a clever reference to 19th century classical master Paganini. "It's the sort of thing I love to do. It's my way of paying homage to him. And here it works very well within the flow of the track."

The album title "Parabellum" is Latin, translating as "Prepare For War". "There's a track on the album called '(Si Vis Pacem) Parabellum'," he says. "This translates as 'If you want peace, then prepare for war.' It was a last-minute decision to make this the album title. But I think it fits very well."

The striking portrait on the cover was painted by the accliamed artist David Benegas. Malmsteen states: "That was my wife April's idea. David lives near us in Florida, and we were talking to him about other projects. I did a photo shoot with Mark Weiss, who I think is a great photographer and someone I've worked with for a long time. Then David based the portrait on this. The painting itself is huge, and we've had the idea to use it to raise money for the April Way Children's Foundation ('dedicated to bringing the artists of the world together to give hope to kids, teens, and young adults that have been orphaned or are in foster care all across the world')."

In closing, he shares: "The bottom line for me is that the passion I feel for the music I make has to be obvious. I am the sort of person who lives in the moment. I wanted this album to have a joyous, spontaneous atmosphere. This must never sound as if it's been rehearsed so much that it becomes routine. I hope people will put on this record at the start and listen right through to the end, from start to finish. I recorded this as a singular piece of art. Not as a collection of 10 tracks you can hear in any order you want. I was asked by Mascot what song would be the lead track. The one for which I'd do a video. You know what? I'd like to do videos for everything here. I view this album as having a natural flow from start to finish. It's not to be cut up into little pieces. I want fans to experience the delight I had in making it."

The complete track listing includes "Wolves At The Door", "Presto Vivace in C# Minor", "Relentless Fury", "(Sis Vis Pacem) Parabellum", "Eternal Bliss", "Toccata", "Good Particle", "Magic Bullet", "(Fight) The Good Fight" and "Sea Of Tranquility". The album will be available on CD, red tranparent LP and digital.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

Spoiler: c'est nul.
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

De la branlette de manche a la vitesse de la lumière whoua trop bien :D
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Tout ça m'atriste énormément à vrai dire
Un héros de ma jeunesse
Branlette de manche il l'a toujours été mais y avait le talent, la classe et un certain feeling avec, et la j'ai l'impression que tout ça a disparu....
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

Ce qui me déplaît c'est vraiment la production, ce son étouffé et sans relief, c'est vraiment dommage qu'il n'essaie plus de s'entourer de vrai musiciens ça aurait plus de gueule et ça a été une de ses force dans le passé. Dans le fond je suis amateur de son speed neoclassique plein de notes partout, mais je vais certainement pas m'enthousiasmer pour acheter ce nouvel album. Enfin je vais l'acheter quand même, c'est Yngwie :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

Bah c'est américain: hagiographique, toujours plus que le précédent.. la modestie n'est pas appréciée dans ce pays, donc si tu n'en fais pas des tonnes, tu passes pour un clodo.
Dommage car dans l'absolu il fait toujours un travail de jeu hallucinant. Sinon oui c'est curieux ce son étouffé, ce n'est pas juste une mauvaise prise promotionnelle pour Youtruc?
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Je pense pas qu'on puisse attribuer le son à youtube vu les dernières prods du bonhomme :D
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Si vis pacem n écoute pas yingwie :D
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen - Parabellum

Message par cillian »

Celui qui a fait cette vidéo devrait être privé d’ordinateur, c’est affreux !! :nul:

Au niveau musique. Ben Yngwie fait du Yngwie, y’a plein de notes partout, c’est répétitif et ça ressemble à ce qu’il à déjà fait mais moins bien qu’avant…

Sur YouTube j’ai vu 38 minutes de son concert très récent en tête d’affiche dans un festival de rock en….Slovaquie…(il vient encore en Europe ?)

-Maintenant, c’est son claviériste qui chante ou lui (belle voix du claviériste, cependant)

-Les musiciens sont habillés comme lui et lui ressemblent.

-des amplis et têtes d’amplis Marshall entassés partout. C’est ridicule.

Il a joué des nouveaux et des anciens titres. Les nouveaux morceaux sont pas top. Parfois une chanson pourrait être pas mal (soldier) mais il fout tout par terre avec sa grosse voix et ses voulivoulivouli et ça devient moche.

Les anciens titres qu’on aime, il les joue même pas en entier. Il chie dessus. J’ai lu les commentaires, beaucoup de gens se plaignent de ça. Ils disent qu’il en a plus rien à faire. Tout ce qui compte c’est regardez comme je joue trop bien et super vite.
:riff:
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Et voilà !!

:D

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

il a quand même la classe, moi il me scotche ce mec chaque fois que je le vois jouer... je regrette un peu l'époque où il avait plus d'ambitions avec ses line-up classieux mais bon j'irais quand même bien le revoir :D les 2 fois oû je les vus, c'est surtout le son ultra pourri que je critiquerais le plus. M'enfin sur la vidéo ça avait pas l'air d'être le cas, son public en redemande :D
seb16trs
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par seb16trs »

Je viens d'écouter Parabellum... c'est quand même pas ridicule. De là à écouter un plein album, je ne sais pas, mais c'est pas ridicule.
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Re: Yngwie Malmsteen - Parabellum

Message par cillian »

Voilà une vieille interview d’Yngwie en plein promo de trilogy en 1986. Il parle de l’album, du « groupe », sa façon de composer, etc… il est très jeune et ne semble pas super à l’aise.

Répondre