Anette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Elle sort un nouvel album solo.
Apparemment ce n'est pas la même chose que son projet avec l'ex-Sonata.
Former NIGHTWISH and current THE DARK ELEMENT vocalist Anette Olzon will release her new solo album, "Strong", on September 10 via Frontiers Music Srl. The first single and video, "Parasite", is available below.

"'Parasite' is a song about those who create disaster in this world with their lies, their schemes, their greed and hate. Hiding their intentions behind a respectable facade," says Olzon. "Living in a world of a bit of chaos with a pandemic, crazy politics, violence, social media behavior and people venting their opinions upon others all the time is the foundation behind the idea of the lyrics for the album. Musically, I wanted a much heavier album, yet with strong melodies and took my inspiration from bands I like such as DIMMU BORGIR and IN FLAMES."

Anette's second solo album, following 2014's "Shine", is a harder and faster musical offering than the debut. More importantly, "Strong" stakes a claim for Anette's well-deserved standing as one of the world's top female metal vocalists.

The music for "Strong" was written and composed together with acclaimed Swedish guitarist and producer Magnus Karlsson. Together, Anette and Magnus managed to create an outstanding collection of songs which showcase Anette's enormous vocal range alongside Karlsson's incendiary riffs. The songs are heavy, but still quite melodic and contemporary in their approach to the genre style. Additionally, "Strong" is mixed by Jacob Hansen (PRETTY MAIDS, VOLBEAT, THE DARK ELEMENT).

All in all, "Strong" is an album that masters the borders between heaviness and hookiness, all while showing an artist who doesn't rest on her laurels, but heads boldly into the future.

Track listing:

01. Bye Bye Bye
02. Sick Of You
03. I Need To Stay
04. Strong
05. Parasite
06. Sad Lullaby
07. Fantastic Fanatic
08. Who Can Save Them
09. Catcher Of My Dreams
10. Hear Them Roar
11. Roll The Dice

Recording lineup:

Anette Olzon - Vocals
Magnus Karlsson - Guitars
Anders Köllerfors - Drums
Johan Husgafvel - Bass

Olzon originally joined NIGHTWISH in 2007 and recorded two studio LPs with the band before being dismissed in 2012 in the middle of the group's North American tour. She was replaced by former AFTER FOREVER singer Floor Jansen.

Since the end of her five-year stint with NIGHTWISH, Olzon released "Shine" and formed THE DARK ELEMENT with former SONATA ARCTICA guitarist Jani Liimatainen. The group's self-titled debut album was released in 2017; a follow-up, "Songs The Night Sings", came out in November 2019.

Olzon and noted progressive metal vocalist Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X, ADRENALINE MOB) released a collaborative album titled "Worlds Apart" in March 2020 via Frontiers Music Srl. The project was issued under the moniker ALLEN/OLZON.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus énergique que les derniers Nightwish...

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Instrumentalement et musicalement rien à redire ça envoie du bois, mais si la dame chante très bien il lui manque le "coffre" de Tarja ou de Floor à mon goût.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip, ça n'a jamais été son créneau à vrai dire, et ça lui permettait justement de se distinguer des chanteuses du genre.
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Pas dans le bon sens malheureusement pour moi.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album en mai.
Musicalement l'extrait est un peu à la croisée des genres (suédois).
Anette Olzon, the former powerhouse vocalist of Nightwish and one-half of the dynamic duo behind The Dark Element alongside Jani Liimatainen, is back with her third solo album, Rapture, out May 10

The first single and accompanying lyric video, "Heed The Call", is out today, offering a tantalizing taste of what's to come from this highly anticipated release. Watch the video below, and pre-order the album here.

With a sense of excitement and anticipation, Anette Olzon shares: "I'm so happy to release the first song from my upcoming album Rapture. 'Heed The Call' is a culmination of passion, energy, and creative expression, and I truly hope you'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to life."

Set to captivate audiences worldwide, Rapture promises to deliver an electrifying blend of heavy melodies and soaring vocals that solidify Anette Olzon's esteemed status as one of the premier female voices in the metal genre.

Following in the footsteps of her critically acclaimed second solo album, Strong, Anette Olzon once again teams up with acclaimed Swedish guitarist and producer Magnus Karlsson to craft a musical experience that pushes boundaries and excites the senses. Together, they have curated a collection of songs that showcase Anette's unparalleled vocal range, complemented by Karlsson's masterful riffs and the addition of growls by Johan Husgafvel, adding a dynamic layer to the album's sound.

Rapture seamlessly navigates through various musical genres, from symphonic to melodic power metal, with hints of melo-death, while maintaining an irresistibly catchy and melodious essence. Anette Olzon's performance on this album is her most versatile yet, proving her ability to evolve and innovate while staying true to her signature style.

Renowned mixer Jacob Hansen, known for his work with Pretty Maids, Volbeat, and The Dark Element, returns to the fold to ensure that Rapture achieves the perfect balance between heaviness and hookiness, resulting in an album that is both impactful and memorable.

Rapture is set to unleash its sonic fury upon the world, cementing Anette Olzon's status as a force to be reckoned with in the metal music scene. Prepare to be swept away by the sheer power and beauty of Anette Olzon's Rapture.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre