Rob Halford autobiographies

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dans son autobiographie Confess, Rob a annoncé qu'il a eu un cancer de la prostate l'an dernier pendant le confinement. Il a été opéré à plusieurs reprises, y compris cette année, mais ce serait désormais en rémission. :croise:
Pudique, il n'en a parlé à personne avant aujourd'hui.
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford has revealed that he battled prostate cancer during the pandemic. "I had my little cancer battle a year ago, which I got through and that's in remission now, thank God," he told Consequence. "That happened while we were all locked down, so things happen for a reason as far as time sequence of events. I have nothing but gratitude to be at this point in my life, still doing what I love the most."

Rob previously mentioned his cancer battle in the new chapter added to the updated paperback edition of his 2020 memoir, "Confess". According to Halford, he was diagnosed after experiencing symptoms for at least a couple of years.

"I felt a combination of shock, horror, and oddly, relief — at least now I know!…'Am I going to die?'" he wrote. " It was all I could think of. I know blokes who've died of prostate cancer. 'No, you're not going to die, Rob,' said Dr. Ali."

In July 2020, Rob underwent prostatectomy, an operation where the entire prostate gland is removed plus some of the tissue around it, including the seminal vesicles. After more cancer was found earlier this year, he went through radiation treatments in April and May and eventually got then all-clear in June. He also had an appendectomy after a tumor was discovered on his appendix.

"It's been a draining year, I can't deny it, but I'm delighted to have come through it," Halford wrote in the book, according to Consequence. "I feel like I've had the most thorough MOT that a Metal God can have."

The 70-year-old said that his outlook on his cancer battle changed after watching a commercial for the Phoenix Children's hospital. "It showed kids with cancer," he said. "Some only babies. They were lying there, with tubes coming out of them, fighting for their lives. They didn't know what was going on…It made me feel totally ashamed of myself; Rob, how dare you be so selfish? And from that second, I change my entire mental attitude towards my disease."

Halford's cancer battle is one of a number of health scares the members of PRIEST have had to deal with in recent years. Last month, guitarist Richie Faulkner suffered an acute cardiac aortic dissection during the band's performance at the Louder Than Life festival. Faulkner was rushed to the UofL Health - Jewish Hospital where the cardiothoracic surgery team needed approximately 10 hours to complete a life-saving surgery.

PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease seven years ago — after being stricken by the condition at least half a decade earlier — but announced in early 2018 he was going to sit out touring activities in support of the band's latest album, "Firepower". He was replaced by "Firepower" producer Andy Sneap, who is also known for his work in NWOBHM revivalists HELL and cult thrash outfit SABBAT.

"Confess" was released in September 2020 via Hachette Books. It was written with Ian Gittins, co-writer of "The Heroin Diaries" by Nikki Sixx.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il va sortir la suite de Confess, Biblical :
Hot damn, Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford is really back in the saddle since having kicked cancer. Just in the past week, the dude has warned the metal community of the dangers of not going to see the doctor and christened a litter of kittens with rock-referencing names. Now, Rob has announced a new book, which will apparently tackle the spiritual facets of various aspects of metal and hard rock.

Halford’s new book Biblical: Rob Halford’s Heavy Metal Scriptures drops November 1st via Hachette, and is available for preorder. According to Rolling Stone, Biblical…

…will feature serious in-depth stories alongside more playful commentary on what the Judas Priest frontman has learned through five decades as the Metal God while giving a behind-the-scenes look at rock & roll life. Topics span tours, tattoos, riffs, riders, drugs, devil horns and more.

“After my penitence with CONFESS, it’s time for me to be BIBLICAL and take our congregation through all the ins and out and ups and downs of what it takes to make the life of the Metal God. So get comfy in your pew and prepare for the light of revelations by becoming BIBLICAL!”
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Metal Witchcraft
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Metal Witchcraft »

Cool, j'espère qu'il y aura une traduction française, chez Talent Editions peut être ?
Répondre