nouveau groupe de Dave Ellefson

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après son éviction de Megadeth il s'est tout de suite remis au travail, au moins ce n'est pas un branleur. Hum.
Bref, c'est du heavy rock US moderne assez typique.
THE LUCID, the four-piece hard rock band featuring bassist David Ellefson (ex-MEGADETH), vocalist Vinnie Dombroski (SPONGE), guitarist Drew Fortier and drummer Mike Heller (RAVEN, FEAR FACTORY), will release its self-titled debut album on October 15 via SpoilerHead Records . The LP features nine heavy-hitting and emotionally charged tracks showcasing this eclectic quartet's unique sonic approach.

THE LUCID has just released "Maggot Wind", the first single from the upcoming album, which was produced by Heller and mixed/mastered by Lasse Lammert.

"The Lucid" track listing:

01. Maggot Wind
02. Deaths Of Despair
03. Spoiler Head
04. Hair
05. Maskronaut
06. Damned
07. Breech Boy
08. Pigs And Sons
09. Parade Of Spit

Ellefson states: "It's been a real blast making a record with these guys and I must say that it’s refreshing to explore some new musical avenues… to step out a bit from what each of us have done stylistically in our own careers. There was an effortless synergy that came with creating these songs together which is always amazing when working with new people. I'm looking forward to everyone checking it out!"

During a November 2020 appearance on "The Chuck Schute Podcast", Ellefson stated about how he got involved with THE LUCID: "Drew sent me a track and said, 'Hey, can you throw a bass on here?' And I was writing a new ELLEFSON solo record at the time, so my studio ears were on. I was plugged in and ready to go. He sent it over and I was, like, 'Yeah, this is freaking cool, man.' I'd seen Drew play, I know his BANG TANGO history and the other stuff he's done. But this was really cool stuff that spoke to me. And then he called me up and he said, 'Hey, Vinnie is gonna come in and write some vocals and lyrics and lay down some tracks.' And it turned into a thing."

"I love [Vinnie]. I love SPONGE," David continued. "He's such a rock star. He's just a cool guy. And he writes such great lyrics — very trippy lyrics. He's the type of lyricist I'd never worked with before, so it's fun with that. And Drew is a great guitar player. Mike Heller — he's good friends with [MEGADETH drummer] Dirk Verbeuren. And Dirk's, like, 'Mike's awesome.' They're good friends. We all met in L.A. We got the songs together and we all met in L.A. in mid-July. I plugged in and banged out 10 songs in two days. And it was fun. Mike was very good in the studio; he really knows his way around."

As for THE LUCID's musical direction, Ellefson said: "It's cool stuff, and it's very different. It's, obviously, not thrash metal, hence the name LUCID. [The name] kind of feels like what the music sounds like."

Ellefson and Fortier have also announced the pre-order for their award-winning found-footage horror film "Dwellers", which will be released October 12 on Blu-ray and digital streaming services and is available now in various limited edition pre-order bundles at www.dwellersfilm.com.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est très commun loin du genie mustainien
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

C'est carrément mauvais je dirais, ça fait penser a du Creed par moment, avec un petite tentative de faire du Alice in Chains, mais sans en avoir les moyens. Il est tombé bien bas le Dave.
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

On dirait le logo de Lofofora :lol:
Bertrand
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Bertrand »

ce nouveau projet, qui s'en branle ?
du foin pour nos vaches, les Landes indépendante !!!!
OMNIO a écrit :
30 août 2019, 15:12
Mais peut être qu'en écoutant l'album encore quelques fois attentivement, t'arriveras à aimer quelques titres ou mêmes des riffs … en faisant abstraction de la voix bien sûr :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Autre titre.

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Mouais. Il y a as de quoi branler trois pattes à un canard.

Euh attendez...
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Du sous Megamort une face C ,De leur période la plus nul .
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre