Jeff Scott Soto / Talisman

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un petit topic sur l'actualité de ce chanteur et de ses différents groupes, il a désormais un site Myspace sur lequel on peut écouter quelques morceaux :

:pointer: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 6D20281344

J'ai aussi un peu écouté le Soul Sirkus sorti il y a quelques mois, et je trouve ça bien sympa (même si c'est mou ;)).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Oui je sais qu'il travaille avec Neal Schon (guitare) de Journey (mon groupe préféré) dans SoulSirkus.
Il cite d'ailleurs Journey en deuxième position dans ses "influences" musicales.
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bon ben c'est déjà mort Soul Sirkus :
According to MelodicRock.com, vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TALISMAN) has signaled the end of SOUL SIRKUS, the all-star project that also included JOURNEY guitarist Neal Schon.

Commented Soto: "I wish I had good/positive news for you all about SOUL SIRKUS, but the future seems dismal, something I/we swore up and down wouldn't be a 'one-off.' I'm saddened by the fact that it is very unlikely we will continue together. My honest opinion is it was doomed from the beginning based on Neal being so heavily involved with JOURNEY still. One of the reasons HARDLINE and BAD ENGLISH had their own legs is because of JOURNEY's hiatus during those eras. We had no such luxury.

"As a HUGE JOURNEY fan, I would be the LAST person on Earth to want responsibility for their demise just so SOUL SIRKUS could continue, but unless this was the case, SOUL SIRKUS became a side project for Neal and us. Add the lack of professional motivation/management/U.S. label/etc., we had no chance of leaving our mark the way we would necessary to have our own legs.

"Again, thanks to all who did 'feel' the impact, understand what we were aiming for and did your best to make sure we were heard out there. I beg of you to keep tabs on all of us within our personal sites out there and know this isn't the end, only another beginning."
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Faire partie de plusieurs groupes doit être très difficile à gérer,c'est évident. Neal doit s'investir dans la composition de nouvelles chansons pour Journey, car avoir perdu Steve Perry vocalement parlant c'est déjà une énorme perte (même si Augeri est bon), mais Perry + Cain c'était une fameuse usine à tubes :up:
Je doute que Journey puisse sortir des albums aussi bon que dans les 80' (et le sublime Trial By Fire de 1996) sans Perry... :(
Cries of joy
Looner
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Looner »

Je les avais vu au Schwung et cela tenait plutôt bien la route même si Schon restait assez dans son coin et Soto, lui, occupait tous les coins comme à son habitude. En plus, l'album (de 2004 et réenregistré l'année dernière) n'a été distribué que récemment aux States.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Finalement d'après Soto le groupe n'est pas si mort que ça :
"There's been a lot of rumors and speculation flying about the future of SOUL SIRKUS based on some recent interviews from Neal and a post I made MERELY to thank the moderators and guests who ran a SOUL SIRKUS fan site that was recently being closed. My 'words' were that future involvement seemed dismal at this time and place because of scheduling, which I should have been more detailed about, but again, this was a message to individuals, not an official press statement from the band! If it had read 'any touring or new material looked dismal within in the next few months,' that would have been the proper message to have been leaked around the web as now everyone is talking about the band being over, which is NOT the situation!

"The rest of us are doing our individual things at the moment as everyone knows the majority of SOUL SIRKUS time together revolves around Neal and JOURNEY's schedule, which we ALL knew going into this. Neal had about two weeks off the entire year of 2005 and deserves a little down time before either of us continue, so I ask that everyone take a chill pill and let US give you the official word and statements collectively about what's happening instead of elaborating on individual words thrown here and there. SOUL SIRKUS is not dead, we won't go out that easily, that's the official word of January 2006!"
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Un petit lien trouvé sur le forum de Journey (videos inside) :

http://lexilyn.be/jssmedia/page11/page11.html
Cries of joy
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Soto devient chanteur (remplaçant) dans JOURNEY!
According to MelodicRock.com, legendary hard rock vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TALISMAN, SOUL SIRKUS) will assume the lead singer duties for JOURNEY starting with the July 7 show in Bristow, VA. He replaces the band's regular frontman Steve Augeri, who has been forced to leave the band's current nationwide tour with DEF LEPPARD due to a "chronic throat infection." Steve Augeri's condition will be closely monitored by his physician to determine when he may be able to rejoin the tour. According to JOURNEY, "Steve's been suffering with an acute throat condition since before we kicked off the tour with DEF LEPPARD. We were hoping he'd be in well condition to handle the rigors of the road but unfortunately it appears to be a chronic condition requiring total voice rest. We all wish Steve a speedy recovery."
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Décidément, c'est toujours sur le chanteur que ça tombe dans Journey :/
Le retour de Steve Perry ? :D
Non,malheureusement :,(
Cries of joy
Looner
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Looner »

J'ai appris la nouvelle par une amie proche de Jeff. Doit être content le pépére :)
Au Arrow, le concert de Journey avait été tout simplement une tuerie :bang: puis dans les jours qui ont suivi, une polémique était née sur le net selon laquelle le groupe avait utilisé des bandes au niveau du chant... :/
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un extrait live de Soto en train de chanter du Journey, mais avec Soul Sirkus :

:pointer:
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Il n'y a pas à dire, quand on a connu Journey depuis les débuts de Perry (1978), ça n'est plus pareil.Sa voix manque vraiment au groupe,et son rôle dans la composition des titres plus encore.
Augeri a beau avoir aussi une belle voix,c'est un cran en-dessous :/
Quand à Soto, il n'a pas vraiment la voix pour du Journey, just my advise ;)
Cries of joy
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et un nouvel album de TALISMAN dans la foulée, le 30 octobre chez Frontiers :

"7" track listing:

01. Falling
02. Nowhere Fast
03. Rhyme Or Reason
04. End of the Line
05. The 1 I'm Living 4
06. On My Way
07. Forevermore
08. Succumb 2 My Desire
09. Shed a Tear Goodbye
10. Troubled Water
11. Back 2 the Feeling

:pointer: http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=T
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ et ça sera leur dernier album, Soto qui a rejoint JOURNEY l'a annoncé.
Commented Soto: "The latest [TALISMAN] album was discussed as our last before the JOURNEY gig came about. Even when I was there as a 'fill- in,' TALISMAN has basically run its course as most of us are pursuing other areas. It's not to say we'll never address this band again or that my working relationship is done with Marcel, but as we speak today, '7' is our swan song as are the tour dates being booked through Europe after the short JOURNEY run in the spring."
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Faut que j'aille prendre des news sur le site de Journey :o
Cries of joy
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

December 19, 2006 -- Jeff Scott Soto has been officially named the new lead singer of Journey. He had been filling in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the U.S. tour with Def Leppard shortly after it began on June 23 due to illness.

“We are so grateful to Steve for all the years he dedicated to Journey,” says Journey in a joint statement. “We thank Steve for all his hard work and we wish him only the best in his future endeavors. Over the past few months, we’ve come to realize that Jeff has proven himself above and beyond that he can sing the hell out of our songs and we’re happy to officially welcome him as part of the family. We’re excited to start a new chapter with Jeff and we’re excited about what the future may bring.”

Steve Augeri states: “Singing for Journey these last eight years have been the most challenging and the most rewarding of my career. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the band, and especially the fans, for the privilege of being part of a musical legacy that has touched so many hearts and souls. I wish my fellow bandmates success and happiness as they continue to make great music in the future, as I will strive to do the same myself.”

Jeff Soto also adds, “With delight & pleasure, I am accepting the offer to continue my tenure with Journey now as their permanent vocalist after the amazing past months we've spent together on tour. I also pay high respect to Steve Augeri for coming in and helping Journey continue their legacy for nearly the last decade and to Steve Perry for co-creating this legacy. I hope to now add and help drive Journey into the next stage of this band's future.”

Since Soto’s first appearance with Journey on July 7 in Bristow, VA, his performances have been garnering rave reviews. To wit:

“Right off the bat, Journey's new lead singer is fantastic. Jeff Scott Soto is a supremely talented vocalist who handled with ease the many sky-high notes and the mile-long range in Journey's repertoire. Steve Perry fans have never gotten over the original lead singer's departure from the band, but I'm here to tell you this guy rocks the rôle. And yes, if you close your eyes he sounds just like Perry, but -- dare I say it? -- maybe even more passionate and full of verve. Hits such as ‘I'll Be Alright Without You’ and ‘Wheel in the Sky’ showcased his mighty voice.” --Lorilee Craker, Grand Rapids Press

“The one-time Yngwie Malmsteen vocalist channeled (Steve) Perry flawlessly, nailing all the high notes and then some…Soto’s got it going on.” --Christopher John Treacy, Boston Herald

“Could Soto cut it? Yes. And then some. His vocals and stage presence were impressive.” --Dave Ferman, Ft. Worth Star-Telegram

“Soto is a really strong vocalist, so instead of struggling to emulate (Steve) Perry’s laser-beam vibrato, he can get away with a style that mixes grainy power with effortless key changes.” --Johnny Loftus, Metro Times Detroit

Steve Augeri is currently recording his debut solo album, IN THE MOMENT, due out the summer of 2007. He’s also putting the finishing touches on the much-anticipated follow-up to the AOR classic TALL STORIES album, launching early next year. For more info, visit http://www.steveaugeri.com.

Journey--Neal Schon (guitar), Ross Valory (bass), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Deen Castronovo (drums) and Jeff Scott Soto (vocals)—are currently mapping out plans for 2007.

Je demande à voir,et au risque de paraître borné, je crois toujours que le Journey de la grande époque avec Steve Perry représentait ce qu'il y avait de mieux dans le genre.
Quel que soit le chanteur qu'ils prennent,cette magie ne reviendra pas.
Cries of joy
Looner
Spirit Crusher
Spirit Crusher

Message par Looner »

La tournée de Talisman est reportée :/
Cela me paraît mort pour voir un jour ce groupe sur scène, Soto va être plutôt occupé dans les mois qui arrivent.
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Looner a écrit :La tournée de Talisman est reportée :/
Cela me paraît mort pour voir un jour ce groupe sur scène, Soto va être plutôt occupé dans les mois qui arrivent.
Quel chanteur quand même et quelle bio :up: , il est avec Uli John Roth pour son séminaire au M.I. ( musician institute ) + quelques dates aux US avec son groupe( JSS) suivi par une tournée en Australie en fin d'année ..... J'ai vraiment envie de le voir live :rock:

PS: Au fait ça donne quoi ces albums solo :help:( un sondage :D ) Merci ;)
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

JSS sur "Mysterious" de TALISMAN repris par le groupe bulgare G.R.A.S :

:pointer:
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Everflow a écrit :Et un nouvel album de TALISMAN dans la foulée, le 30 octobre chez Frontiers :

"7" track listing:

01. Falling
02. Nowhere Fast
03. Rhyme Or Reason
04. End of the Line
05. The 1 I'm Living 4
06. On My Way
07. Forevermore
08. Succumb 2 My Desire
09. Shed a Tear Goodbye
10. Troubled Water
11. Back 2 the Feeling

Deux ans apres je decouvre ce groupe avec cet album (merci Pierre ;) ), et franchement c'est une excellente surprise !! J'adore tout l'album, a commencé par les deux premieres compos enormes, le style un peu funky aussi, le chant parfait, bref je demande à ceux qui connaissent, de m'en dire plus sur les anciens albums de Talisman. Ca a toujours été Soto au chant ? Ils sont dans la même veine ?
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'ai toujours entendu parler de Talisman comme LE groupe de Jeff Scott Soto, donc avec un chant sublime. Par contre, j'aime moins les passages funky...
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Qui se souvient de cette période :

8-)
Cries of joy
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

Gandalf a écrit :
Everflow a écrit :Et un nouvel album de TALISMAN dans la foulée, le 30 octobre chez Frontiers :

"7" track listing:

01. Falling
02. Nowhere Fast
03. Rhyme Or Reason
04. End of the Line
05. The 1 I'm Living 4
06. On My Way
07. Forevermore
08. Succumb 2 My Desire
09. Shed a Tear Goodbye
10. Troubled Water
11. Back 2 the Feeling

Deux ans apres je decouvre ce groupe avec cet album (merci Pierre ;) ), et franchement c'est une excellente surprise !! J'adore tout l'album, a commencé par les deux premieres compos enormes, le style un peu funky aussi, le chant parfait, bref je demande à ceux qui connaissent, de m'en dire plus sur les anciens albums de Talisman. Ca a toujours été Soto au chant ? Ils sont dans la même veine ?
Humanimal part I :yeah:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

JSS a été recruté pour la prochaine tournée du TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA
A representative for JEFF SCOTT SOTO (ex-TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has sent BW&BK the following update:

"We are pleased to officially announce Jeff will be singing on the upcoming TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Winter Tour beginning November 1. Jeff will be part of the West Coast production (as TSO are split in two) so all the dates will appear on his sites accordingly. Jeff is thrilled to be part of this tour as it is an introduction to future appearances with TSO including the new album Night Castle. Tour dates click here."

Soto will be releasing his new solo album, Beautiful Mess, via Sewtoe Music/iTunes on September 16th. Audio samples are available at Soto's MySpace page.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On continue avec le nouvel album solo de SOTO, "Beautiful Mess".

http://www.myspace.com/sewtoe

[youtube][/youtube]
Legendary vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has released his new video for the song "21st Century". Watch it below. The track comes off the singer's new solo album, "Beautiful Mess", which is scheduled for release on September 16 via Sewtoe Music through iTunes.

"Beautiful Mess" track listing:

01. 21st Century
02. Cry Me A River
03. Gin And Tonic Sky
04. Hey
05. Broken Man
06. Mountain
07. Our Song
08. Eye
09. Bring It Home
10. Testify
11. Wherever U Wanna Go
12. Kick It

Check out the cover artwork below (by Richard Mace).

Audio samples are available on Jeff Scott Soto's MySpace page.

In a recent interview with MelodicRock.com, Jeff stated about the album, "I have no fear of entering the world of contemporary music as I don't think it will alienate most of my fans. I think that because I know a lot of my fans, not only my own personal fans come into my music with an open mind, but I know a lot of them openly enjoy more than just the genre of hard rock music. So, therefore, I can go into something a little more contemporary. I can go into something I've been dreaming of doing for a long time I just didn't have the tools and the team to do it, so to speak. But more importantly, it's the idea of finding a new and different audience who don't know who I am."

He added, "This is an album for people who never heard of Jeff Scott Soto and for the most part, I think I've said it in a few blogs and interviews before, most of my fans will follow me in what I do. They've been pretty open to what I've done from 'Love Parade' onward, but this is a whole other chapter of what I'm about. And instead of taking just one genre of what they know me as, and another genre of what they know me as, I'm kinda putting it all into just one big stew and mixing it up this time. It's hard to really talk about a new album and categorize it or separate it from your entire career, but this really does sound and feel like a separation from everything I've already done."
Répondre